Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
is this philosophy christian or is there any basis for it in the Bible? Just wondering. Many of the philosophies categorise people into four basic types but Ive heard of some going up to 16 like myers briggs.

Its obvious people are all different but is there anything in the Bible that points to people being a 'type'

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The more I look into it, the more it seems ike a horoscope based on personality traits instead of birth dates. It is a very interesting concept, though, as we see many fictional characters fall into these categories and people love to debate who goes in which category. Real life personalities are more complex.

I scored INFP. While some of it perfectly describes me, there some other traits that don't describe me at all. One criticism I have heard of this system is that Thinking and Feeling are independent, not opposites. Introversion and Extroversion are not really binary as it is a spectrum and most people fall into the middle.

Goodbye to MBTI, the Fad That Won’t Die
Nothing Personal: The questionable Myers-Briggs test
Myers–Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia
Wow i thought i wouldnt meet anyone on here INFP but thats what I scored as well. Does that mean we are like twins or something?

Hmm.

I dont know..its more of a workplace thing but the four type one seems a bit simpler...precise, powerful, playful and peaceful. Im sure there are other theories that have different names for them.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
is this philosophy christian or is there any basis for it in the Bible? Just wondering. Many of the philosophies categorise people into four basic types but Ive heard of some going up to 16 like myers briggs.

Its obvious people are all different but is there anything in the Bible that points to people being a 'type'
There is no contradiction between Christianity and this form of Psychology. As a Christian counselor, I use it to help my clients. For example, I might have a client who is very down on themselves. I'll use their MBTI type to help them see the positive attributes in themselves. Or perhaps I have a couple who can't seem to communicate. The MBTI will help them understand each other better. Obviously I'm not saying it's the only thing I use.

I'm INFJ, and I never really felt anyone understood me, until I read the blurb about INFJ's in Kiersey's "Please Understand Me." I now am subscribed to an INFJ feature on facebook that sends me little INFJ sayings, and I'm constantly laughing and saying "Wow, that is just so ME."

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Wow i thought i wouldnt meet anyone on here INFP but thats what I scored as well. Does that mean we are like twins or something?
I run into way above the average number of INFJ's and INFP's on religion boards. INFJ's are ethicists, and INFP's are very spiritual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Goodbook. May I appeal to you for help? I have been a member of
Christian Forums for ca. 10 years, and I have very much enjoyed it. Now, all of a sudden and with no warning, I cannot use the Christian Forums, and I do not know WHY? I am stopped from answering any question the Forum asks us, and then I am also stopped from finding out WHY?? Could you be kind enough to help me with trying to find the reason, WHY??? I cannot think of anything wrong, or contradictory I do, or write. Could you help me please?? I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dear Goodbook. May I appeal to you for help? I have been a member of
Christian Forums for ca. 10 years, and I have very much enjoyed it. Now, all of a sudden and with no warning, I cannot use the Christian Forums, and I do not know WHY? I am stopped from answering any question the Forum asks us, and then I am also stopped from finding out WHY?? Could you be kind enough to help me with trying to find the reason, WHY??? I cannot think of anything wrong, or contradictory I do, or write. Could you help me please?? I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
Have you been getting Error messages when you try to use the site? I've been getting those on and off. It looks like you're able to post, which is good. Hopefully, the folks in Support will be able to fix it for you. :purpleheart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I was into it but felt God leading me away as it has horoscope tones. All humans fit into 16 types..like horoscopes 12 types. Nothing but fortune telling twisted into psychology.
But there is a big difference.

Astrology assigns you personality traits based on your RANDOM BIRTH DATE, which is a bunch of nonsense.

The MBTI basically just organizes YOUR OWN ANSWERS to the test. It spits back out at you what you have said about yourself. If you answered truthfully, then its results are accurate.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Try being part of a 1% group LOL. I'm so LOOOOOONELY
If it's any consolation, I, too, am an INFJ. I think I used to be an INFP according to Myers-Briggs at one point, back in my 20s. According to the Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test, I’m currently INFJ.

x.PNG

And according to 16 Personalities, I'm "The Advocate", an INFJ-A.

xx.PNG

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If it's any consolation, I, too, am an INFJ. I think I used to be an INFP according to Myers-Briggs at one point, back in my 20s. According to the Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test, I’m currently INFJ.

View attachment 195395

And according to 16 Personalities, I'm "The Advocate", an INFJ-A.

View attachment 195396
Ah, my INFJ sister!!!!!

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Generally speaking there are two personalities that are spoken of.

The personality that is driven by works of the flesh:

Gal 5:19
19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; 20idolatry and sorcery; hatred, discord, jealousy, and rage; rivalries, divisions, factions,…

The personality that is driven by fruitage of the spirit.

Gal 5:22
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no Law.…

The former personalities are fashioned after Satan.
The Latter personalities are fashioned after the Son of God Jesus.

Upvote 0