Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who cares anyway. It doesn't matter. All that matters is the law. Why we even bother with Christianity is beyond me. I mean you can't even talk about it without being accused of approving of sexual assault. It makes me sick.

Personally? I'm confident enough in my faith and in my beliefs not to let the accusations of others bother me. What bothers me more is the common disrespect that is prevelant in so many discussions. There is no need for it, IMO.

How I believe is between me and God. I pray regularly and seek His guidance and firmly believe He will convict me to believe differently wherever growth is needed on my part. That, to me, is much more substantial that the gnashing of teeth that I might receive for expressing my POV on a topic.

:)

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have I mocked your POV? Do I not deserve the same respect in return?
I didn't think that was your pov?

If you feel that I mocked you, I apologize, but I thought it was a pretty fair round up of several pov's but not particularly yours.

And you are being pretty rude with accusing me of "gnashing my teeth". Really? I don't ever get that worked up that I would damage my teeth.

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If you feel that I mocked you, I apologize, but I thought it was a pretty fair round up of several pov's but not particularly yours.

And you are being pretty rude with accusing me of "gnashing my teeth". Really? I don't ever get that worked up that I would damage my teeth.

Did I say that you were the one gnashing your teeth? It's just a phrase...

BTW - an apology followed by an accusation? Thanks, I guess?

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But McScribe -- you can't be outside the law of the land! You can't. The boys couldn't, and you can't. Do you think that if I went right now and started getting all over my boss (ugh) and then said "but I'm a Christian, so you must forgive me" that would work? Of course not. He would call HR, and get me hauled out of here, and off to the funny farm (where I would need to go for sure.) There just is the law, and the law doesn't care which church you attend if you break it. You just broke it.

Edited to add - and that's how it should be. No favor shown to people according to wealth, race, gender, religion etc.

Yes, Congress/Parliament ranks God. Great.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Personally? I'm confident enough in my faith and in my beliefs not to let the accusations of others bother me. What bothers me more is the common disrespect that is prevelant in so many discussions. There is no need for it, IMO.

How I believe is between me and God. I pray regularly and seek His guidance and firmly believe He will convict me to believe differently wherever growth is needed on my part. That, to me, is much more substantial that the gnashing of teeth that I might receive for expressing my POV on a topic.

Thats great Faith. I'll try to find a big smile to paste on my face and remove my concern when I get my lobotomy. Literally, I don't give a care about this anymore.

Reactions: FaithPrevails
Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You seem to be taking the words out of my mouth today, Faith. I've been quoting you all day! :) :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But McScribe -- you can't be outside the law of the land! You can't. The boys couldn't, and you can't. Do you think that if I went right now and started getting all over my boss (ugh) and then said "but I'm a Christian, so you must forgive me" that would work? Of course not. He would call HR, and get me hauled out of here, and off to the funny farm (where I would need to go for sure.) There just is the law, and the law doesn't care which church you attend if you break it. You just broke it.

Edited to add - and that's how it should be. No favor shown to people according to wealth, race, gender, religion etc.

Exactly...should Muslims get to beat their wives because in the Quran Mohamed approved of wife tapping?..

Im sorry ..anyone who thinks they are exempt from our laws..that the MAJORITY agrees is reasonable..then they need to start there own country..

It doesnt surprise me though its the nature of this crime many seem to want to be "soft ' on ...sexual offenses..objectifying women(girls)..and womanizing.Hey whos harmed anyway?Its all the nature that God gave them anyway..no big deal..

Its funny men complain that they are made out to be apish brutes..but then here ..its "harsh" for them to be handcuffed for grabbing females breast when its clearly not wanted..their rear ends..and humping the air..thats "normal" male behavior..

Its also "normal" for a sociopath to have no compassion or empathy for another human beings pain and suffering..I guess they should all get off lighlty too since thats normal behvior for them to inflict that on others.

Dallas

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Nothing Dallas says is a fair round up or reflection of what others she disagrees with say. Exaggeration, mocking and sarcasm to the point that what was originally said is unrecognizeable is more accurate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly? If some strange man came up and grabbed my boobs, I probably would grab his bits. I'd grab them and twist them and probably knock him upside his head while screaming at him.

I think that's perfectly reasonable. However, I'm afraid you might be arrested for assaulting him, rather than the other way around. However, in Texas, I think you could probably shoot him and get away with it.

:D

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing Dallas says is a fair round up or reflection of what others she disagrees with say. Exaggeration, mocking and sarcasm to the point that what was originally said is unrecognizeable is more accurate.
What is to do with Dallas? I have read everyone's posts on this threads, and I get the information direct at the source.

Reactions: dallasapple
Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I seriously dont even get what the problem is to begin with..Boys molest girls in school...boys are reported to the police for these crimes..boys arrested for said crimes..boys released and case dismissed after girls plea to judge to have mercy.

Sounds like the justice system works..Problem is..seems some dont want it to even be a CRIME in the first place under our state or federal justice system for girls (or boys) to be molested by their peers in the first place.

The public schools apparently shoud be "no mans land"..exempt from the same laws that we in the general public have to abide by.

Dallas

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is to do with Dallas? I have read everyone's posts on this threads, and I get the information direct at the source.

Exactly..I think it was Cons(correct me if I'm wrong ) that said some girls "giggle" over stuff like this..

And besides that I dont KNOW what the point is to even say that.Some women dont scream during childbirth..so what..does that mean the ones that DO scream are making a big deal out of nothing?

Dallas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry I misread something. I had thought that the statement about "it's a fair summary..." was in reference to one of her posts that I saw quoted. Sometimes a bit hard to follow things when you've got someone who so regularly dominates and distorts threads on ignore but they are quoted so much.

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my personal walk with God, I put Him above any other man, woman, child, or law that exists in this world; I let HIM to be the judge, and He says we aren't to judge others, lest we be judged ourselves. Yes, we are to follow the laws of the land. However, if those laws contradict the Bible, then my faith comes first. My Savior comes first, and He teaches love and forgiveness. Not an acceptance of sin, but one of love and forgiveness. These boys, yes, they committed wrongdoing. But was their intent to commit a crime? Hardly.

I worked as a security officer in a retail store for a while. If someone attempted to steal merchandise that amounted to over a certain dollar amount, it was considered a felony. A group of thirteen year old kids came in one day and one was caught with that certain amount in merchandise. He was thirteen, and was gonna be a felon for the rest of his life. Would to go jail, and all this other stuff.

My boss talked to the kid, asked him why he was doing it and the kid was very remorseful. My boss knocked the amount of merch the kid stole down to a misdemeanor, instead of a felony. His foster mom was called. His parents had been killed a couple years before, and he was too old to be in an orphanage so he was sent to live with foster parents. He'd been troublesome since they'd had him.

Does this excuse him stealing things? Course not. But the kid was hurting inside. Because he was so young(if he had been 17 or older my manager would not have done this) my manager lessened the charge down to a misdemeanor. The kid was still taken into the police station by the cops, etc. But he didn't go to jail, he wasn't going to be classified as a felon for the rest of his life.

Some things are mistakes. My husband had a situation when he was sixteen. He was driving down the road in his parents car(it wasn't a sports car, but it was a nice car), and didn't see a stop sign because of some low hanging branches. A woman, who was going 45 mph in a 25 mph are, broadsided him. The police showed up. The woman said he had been speeding(which he had, but he was only going four or five miles an hour more than the speed limit. She'd been going MUCH faster), and because he was only sixteen, the cop was going to throw him under the bus. He wasn't even done with HS, and the cop was going to have him sent to jail for five years, with an obscene fine to boot. DH got a state councilor and she managed to get them to drop those charges, as long as he didn't get a ticket for a whole year. The woman who was speeding? She wasn't ticketed or fined or anything.

Sometimes, kids and teens make mistakes. They are, after all, kids and teens. That doesn't excuse bad behavior, but nor does it mean they should be treated as though they're an adult. We're talking about a generation who's graduating HS, while barely able to read and write, and yet you expect them to behave like adults? And, moreover, want them tried as criminals like adults? That makes no sense to me. According to that line of thinking, my husband and I wouldn't even be married right now, because he only would have gotten out of jail two years ago, for something that wasn't even entirely his fault. It was a mistake.

Yes, these boys were harassing these girls. Yes, they should be punished. But they aren't criminals. They don't need to go to jail, they don't need to be labeled sex offenders. Punish them, yes. But don't be so quick to throw them under the bus. THAT WILL ruin their lives. Give the girls counciling, and the boys, help them to know what they did wasn't right or acceptable just because they saw it in a movie, and move on. Sometimes kids and teens make mistakes.

Reactions: FaithPrevails
Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that's perfectly reasonable. However, I'm afraid you might be arrested for assaulting him, rather than the other way around. However, in Texas, I think you could probably shoot him and get away with it.

:D

lol! I would be laughing my butt off the entire time I was being processed. :cool: What a story to tell my grandkids! They'd think I was the hippest grandma around.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And besides that I dont KNOW what the point is to even say that.Some women dont scream during childbirth..so what..does that mean the ones that DO scream are making a big deal out of nothing?

Dallas
Yes. You are wimps if you scream. Or even flinch. Women drop babies like peas from a pod - didn't you know that. A guy once said that to me. He didn't know what all the fuss was. In China, they drop the baby and keep on working. Oh, okay. I should have let them perform a c-section on me while I sat at my desk.

Oh and then I got a mental picture .. gross.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lol! I would be laughing my butt off the entire time I was being processed. :cool: What a story to tell my grandkids! They'd think I was the hippest grandma around.

Would it be as funny if the genders were reversed? If she initiated the assault and he retaliated with violence?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.