Personal "Hall of Faith" - Hebrews 11

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 11 lists Bible characters and their example of faith. This is not to debate who else should belong there but I thought maybe someone is/was inspired/encouraged through the story, action, words of a Bible character (or characters).

(To moderators: I am not even sure whether this belongs here or in Bible studies. But I did not intend it to be a Bible study, more like a collection of personal inspiration from biblical personas.

But, if it does not belong here, move it or delete it).

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
caitlincares said:
The Faith Chapter :clap:

I think the ultimate test of faith was when Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac.
Yes, I agree.

But Hannah gets a honoray mention in my personal faith chapter as well.

She got what she prayed for and prayed for such a long time. And was willing to give that child back to the Lord. I know it is different because she knew that Samuel was not to be sacrificed but more like a living sacrifice ...

Still, I am thinking of all those times I pray and promise that all I really want is for someone to be saved and that I am *perfectly* willing to give that person up, if only He will be with the Lord in eternity. But I do know deep in my heart that there is the hope I won't have to give that person up but that God will allow me to be with that person.

See, not even in theory am I able to practice Hannah's faith ... I don't even want to get near where Abraham was ... I am worried or I was worried what would happen if theory became reality. I am not worried about that anymore because God took care of that, He removed me and I am grateful for that.

Upvote 0

whatseekye

Aug 30, 2004
Los Angeles
✟1,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the woman who was bleeding for so long and was a social outcast, yet she made her way through a crowd to touch Jesus' robes, believing that she would be healed (and she was). I love that story. Being a social outcast, and being so ill, and knowing that all I have to do is seek Him and reach out to Him, and he will heal me. I love that image, and also the knowledge that God doesn't reject a person for being dirty or sick or poor (literally or spiritually).

Upvote 0

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
whatseekye said:
the woman who was bleeding for so long and was a social outcast, yet she made her way through a crowd to touch Jesus' robes, believing that she would be healed (and she was). I love that story. Being a social outcast, and being so ill, and knowing that all I have to do is seek Him and reach out to Him, and he will heal me. I love that image, and also the knowledge that God doesn't reject a person for being dirty or sick or poor (literally or spiritually).
Yes, I love that as well. No matter who, what, where or why ... He is there to meet us if we will but seek Him.

Upvote 0

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
whatseekye said:
Thank you - for reminding me of her. I have to admit I had forgotten about her. And yes, you are right, it is a wonderful illustration of the fact that God does not reject a person for being dirty, sick or poor (literally or spiritually).

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Daniel has affected my life lately. Looking at a young "boy", taken from his country...actually having his country invaded and treated brutally. He seems to have such a deep surrender to God and His sovereignty...does not lose his focus in very trying times [a world gone mad in my view].

His humility and wisdom to submit and interact with people in authotity. Since the Lord has been teaching me to yield to his authority more and more and even recognize and honor what we would call ungodly authority...how to submit, yet not lose your spiritual identity and integrity. What a lesson, having one's person hood all wrapped up in the knowledge of and love for the Sovereign God.

His faithful, yet humbly simple life of consistent prayer...I know he had gifts...but what a life he had before the Lord and men.

Upvote 0