Senior Veteran
Aug 13, 2005
Arkansas
✟20,194.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." - James 1:2-3

It doesn’t take a genius to know that life is difficult. And it’s difficult in different ways for different people. Sometimes we bring difficulty upon ourselves and sometimes it’s brought upon us from other sources. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, old or young, man or woman. Every which way you look at it, we know that life is difficult.

But how we handle those difficulties is what matters.

The Bible tells us that the testing of our faith produces perseverance and that we should rejoice when we face trials of all kinds. If Godly character is something to be desired, then we should welcome difficulty.

Sounds kind of crazy, I know.

Try this: wake up each day asking God to carry you through that day’s rough moments. He promised to wipe our tears away, not prevent them.

So, weep when the tears come, but don’t give up.

Reactions: CCe

harpanddulc

Sep 19, 2006
✟15,112.00
Faith
Methodist
Yes, I'm a Christian. and yes, I know all things work together for good for them who love Him.
but let me tell you my story. 9 years ago, My daughter who was only 31 at the time, had given birth to her second daughter. She kept telling me, Mom, I'm just not getting my strength back. Exercises. Visits to the doctor. Tests. Nothing conclusive, until they gave her her final diagnosis: ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease. Likely life span: 3 months to 5 years from diagnosis. You can imagine our thoughts at that time. We prayed for healing. Trusted the Lord for healing. Thanked Him for his healing. But the healing must not have been His plan. She has continued to deteriorate. I thank God for the extra years He has given us though. Now she is in a wheelchair. No use of her arms or legs. Her daughters are 14 and 10. Her husband is wonderful and takes her, in her wheelchair on trips. They just returned from Ireland and are going to Florida on the girls' spring break. The girls have learned care and responsibility. But....... I keep thinking about them, when they no longer have a mother...... whom they dearly love, and share everything with. I just can't imagine their heartbreak..... That's what scared me the most.......

Upvote 0