✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Christian persecution - Open Doors USA

Around 200 million Christians experience high levels of persecution. Bombings, rapings, beatings. I even read how there are thousands of Christians in camps located in North Korea that are starved to death and tortured. Christians are the most persecuted relgious group. According to this source, women and children are mostly targeted where they are beaten and raped in parts of the world.

I never realised that it was this bad. It deeply saddens me and angers me that Christians are being treated this way. These persecutions mostly occur in Islamic countries and Eastern countries but it does not take away from the fact that this is evil and wrong...and it is only getting worse.

I kind of struggled with understanding the "Wrath of God", now I am starting to get a grasp of it.

• Informative
Reactions: JCFantasy23

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Around 200 million Christians experience high levels of persecution. Bombings, rapings, beatings. I even read how there are thousands of Christians in camps located in North Korea that are starved to death and tortured. Christians are the most persecuted relgious group. According to this source, women and children are mostly targeted where they are beaten and raped in parts of the world.

I never realised that it was this bad. It deeply saddens me and angers me that Christians are being treated this way. These persecutions mostly occur in Islamic countries and Eastern countries but it does not take away from the fact that this is evil and wrong...and it is only getting worse.

I kind of struggled with understanding the "Wrath of God", now I am starting to get a grasp of it.

Yahweh, our Beloved, look down upon your servants that are being persecuted for your Son's sake! For your Son said, “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 5:10)

In their worst hour, Lord lift their spirits and let their joy spill over that at least one might be won over to Christ.
“For we were so utterly burdened beyond out strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death.” (2 Corinthians 1:7-9)

Yahweh, let mysterious words flow from the mouths of your servants and pierce the hearts of those that do not believe on Yeshua Messiah.
“ . . . pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.” (Eph 6:19-20)

Lord, count first these that are last. Wipe away every tear and give them robes of righteousness. Be glorified in and through your precious servants. Anoint them with power and might in Jesus' name.
“For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor. 12:10)

“Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants…Hallelujah, the smoke from her goes up forever” (Rev. 19:1-3)

• Winner
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Timothy 3:12
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I believe Open Doors made the case that 84% of the religious persecution in the world is against Christians. You would not know that from watching the news.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I can't get the link at the bottom of that page for the full article to load for some reason, so I missed the part about Coptic Christians fearing our martyrs are being forgotten, but from what I could read, it is excellent news that the body of neo-martyr St. Matthew Ayariga will be united with his brothers. This is where he should be, as he declared before his captors concerning the Egyptian Christians "Their faith is my faith."

Through the intercessions of the glorious neo-martyrs of Libya, O Lord, grant us the forgiveness of our sins.

• Friendly
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Muslims are the 2nd most persecuted religion in the world and much of this also occurs in Muslim countries.

Upvote 0

Kristopher Kolumbus

New World Explorer
Sep 17, 2019
TX
✟17,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Muslims are the 2nd most persecuted religion in the world and much of this also occurs in Muslim countries.

Do radical Christians ever strap bombs to themselves and blow up mosques full of people? The only terrorist attacks carried out from Christians have been pro-life extremists who have targeted abortion clinics and providers for violence, and it happens rarely.

Prove your assertion that Muslims are widely persecuted with violence.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do radical Christians ever strap bombs to themselves and blow up mosques full of people?
Who claimed that they do???
Prove your assertion that Muslims are widely persecuted with violence.
Do you pay attention to the sites given in the OP's in these type of threads? Most send you to sites showing stats for those who are persecuted for their religion and Muslims are the 2nd most persecuted religion. The thing is that much of the persecution occurs in Muslim countries and perpetrated by other Muslims. As an example, the Taliban mostly persecuted other Muslim sects. ISIS killed other Muslims. Shiites persecute Sunnis and Sunnis persecute Shiites. This occurs in many Muslim countries as the majority persecute the minority of their own religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Basically, Muslims oppress other Muslims in places where there aren't people of entirely other religions to persecute, because Islam was already so successful in persecuting those people, so now only Muslims are left to persecute in those territories.

That's pretty different, don't you think? Most Muslim persecution comes about, then, as an indirect result of the success of earlier Islamic persecution of non-Muslim minorities, whereas most Christian persecution is not like that. There used to be situations like that in Europe (the infamous 'wars of religion'), but they were several centuries ago. Today with very few exceptions (e.g., rivalries between autocephalous Malankara Orthodox and Syriac Orthodox people in India), being the wrong kind of Christian relative to the overall demography of the area in which you live is probably not going to be a problem, whereas when we're talking about Islam vs. anything other religion (not just sect vs. sect), it is always going to be a problem that you're not a part of it.

They're really not all that comparable.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Islam is the second biggest religion in the world, second to Christianity. Christian persecution mainly occurs in Muslim countries, apart from others such as Russia, yet this does not make it any less horrific.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Any persecution is bad but still just from the numbers from OP`s article

Of the 245 million Christians 0,0018% are killed and less than that % detained without trial, arrested, sentenced or imprisoned.

So this idea that

Around 200 million Christians experience high levels of persecution. Bombings, rapings, beatings.

is clearly wrong. However enticing it makes people feel. Hundreds of millions of Christians are not raped, bombed or beaten on yearly basis. It is not that bad, thank God.

• Over 245 million Christians living in places where they experience high levels of persecution
  • 4,305 Christians killed for their faith
  • 1,847 churches and other Christian buildings attacked.
  • 3,150 believers detained without trial, arrested, sentenced or imprisoned

Upvote 0