somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A while back there was a fella that refused me service at a gas station in Salt Lake City because he's Mormon and I'm not. After a couple minutes of therapeutic conversation he changed his mind.

I think they took his cast off a month back, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

Habbit Animal

All that wander are not lost -B4 asking directions
Jul 7, 2013
✟842.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A while back there was a fella that refused me service at a gas station in Salt Lake City because he's Mormon and I'm not. After a couple minutes of therapeutic conversation he changed his mind.

I think they took his cast off a month back, but I'm not sure.
I didn't realize jails had internet. :confused:
And last time I looked Christians didn't come with a tattoo on the forehead that alerted people of their presence in Mormon country.

Upvote 0

Habbit Animal

All that wander are not lost -B4 asking directions
Jul 7, 2013
✟842.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think this is a pretty good website listing how Christians are persecuted here in our own Country - the USA...

Recent News

It is becoming more and more prevalent...
soledadcross_r620x349.jpg

Mt. Soledad bill would end fed ownership

Duncan Hunter legislation would transfer control of cross and site to Mount Soledad Memorial Association

By Mark Walker9:25 a.m.Jan. 3, 2014

Cruciophobia is what this particular bit of persecution is called. The armies of evildoers are hoping to destroy the Christian religion in America so that all manner of deviant sins can have legal license to frolic under the banner of rights!
While Christians shall cower in the cage of legal oppression. Anti-religious, Anti-theists, hate Christians, Christ,scripture, and morality. A symbol this large that reminds all who see it on the horizon that they are answerable and accountable for their actions makes the Devil and his army afraid.

Those who are Satanic and pushing to have this cross removed are spitting on the dead veterans who are honored in that place where the Soledad cross casts its shadow.
And they're just fine with that. Because they're anti-American in the first place. That's why they also seek to violate the first amendment.

But you'll notice that those Satanic armies don't have the courage to attack the supreme court, or the legislative branch, where God is prevalent in their every day service to the citizens and the country.
The office of the chaplain in Congress isn't being assaulted by the Satanic armies.

Instead they're threatening what they believe are average citizens.
And they gain impetus because the average citizens feel overcome. But all they have to do is reclaim their strength in the lord. And all that needs be done is a Christian law firm to come to the front lines and fight back the gates of Hell that hope to stand against God and country.

Fear not! God damned the Devil and his angels! Those on earth need to know that. They've lost! But they claw at the flames of Hell hoping to break through and break free of that what God has predestined them to be.
What this controversy is showing us is the howls of Hell and how they react to the sight of Christs sacrificial altar that saved the world! From them.
Proverbs 25:26 Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.

:groupray:To God be the glory! People of Christ unite! The Satanic are plentiful and inspired.

Upvote 0

Cactus Jack

Jul 12, 2011
somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And last time I looked Christians didn't come with a tattoo on the forehead that alerted people of their presence in Mormon country.
Ok, call the cops on me.

Those things happen if the person thinks they know you or sometimes it's just some stupid kid.

I should have put a smiley behind the casts part. I gave him a tongue lashing, and only kid about anything physical.

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
soledadcross_r620x349.jpg

Mt. Soledad bill would end fed ownership

Duncan Hunter legislation would transfer control of cross and site to Mount Soledad Memorial Association

By Mark Walker9:25 a.m.Jan. 3, 2014

Cruciophobia is what this particular bit of persecution is called. The armies of evildoers are hoping to destroy the Christian religion in America so that all manner of deviant sins can have legal license to frolic under the banner of rights!
While Christians shall cower in the cage of legal oppression. Anti-religious, Anti-theists, hate Christians, Christ,scripture, and morality. A symbol this large that reminds all who see it on the horizon that they are answerable and accountable for their actions makes the Devil and his army afraid.

Those who are Satanic and pushing to have this cross removed are spitting on the dead veterans who are honored in that place where the Soledad cross casts its shadow.

In my country the cross and anything symbolic of Christianity has been ordered taken down except on private property. And no Christian symbols can be used publicly. I feel safer if I do not wear anything that would reveal that I am a Christian. I never thought it was satanic.

Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The decline of America has begun and we need new leadership. There Is a massive influx and undercurrent of pagan practices and persecution that is constantly flowing underneath us and is slowly bubbling to the surface.

We are blind to believe that we are not attacked from all sides; be it our country or our beliefs as Christians. The enemy seeks to devour, discredit, to corrupt and to destroy. The enemy is encamped underneath our noses and we idle in the mess.

The notion that what is happening in our country and it's current state of affairs is anything but decomposing is ludicrous. We are afforded the truth and we do not listen. We tread where the path is unknown and seek out that which we ought not. Wisdom dictates that we should be concerned about the welfare of others, and that would include the whole of America and the world.

We oftentimes try to lean on our own understanding; but true wisdom tells us to lean on the grace of GOD through his son lord JESUS.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, but how exactly are Christians being persecuted?

Um... Did you read the link? Here it is....

Recent News

Some pretty good examples. I realize that it is NOTHING compared to what it is going to be in the not too distant future....many Christians will end up paying with their lives, just as they do already in some Countries...but as you can see, the storm is brewing....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did read the link. There is nothing there that is persecution. Persecution is being targeted for your beliefs. Having the same law apply to you as to everybody else is not persecution.
I see...you don't have the Christian emblem, so I'm assuming you are not a Christian....so now I understand where you are coming from....

I believe being forced to take down a cross that has been up for 60 years, is a form of persecution. If you don't like the cross, don't look at it. It means so much to millions...so little to a few, yet the few rule... Federal Judge: Mt. Soledad Cross Must Come Down | Fox News

I believe it is a form of persecution when Christians are not allowed to follow their conscience when running their business. A Christian business man who owns a bakery should not be FORCED to make a wedding cake for a homosexual wedding, as the Bible is clearly against homosexuality. There are plenty of other bakers out there who would be more than happy to make a cake for the homosexuals...those who do not want to make a cake for them should not be forced to. http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/gays-picket-cake-shop-owned-by-christian-baker.html

Again, I believe it is a form of persecution when Christian photographers refuse to photograph a homosexual wedding because they believe that God does not honor homosexual weddings and they want to be in harmony with God and the Bible...and they are taken to court and fined because they refused to photograph the wedding and go against their conscience. Yes, that is persecution. New Mexico Photographer guilty of not photographing gay "wedding"

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,195.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I see...you don't have the Christian emblem, so I'm assuming you are not a Christian....so now I understand where you are coming from....
That's Luther's Rose and if you look closely, you will see that at the heart of it is the cross, so yes I am Christian. More specifically, I'm of the Evangelical Catholic tradition, but that's not as important for this current discussion.
I believe being forced to take down a cross that has been up for 60 years, is a form of persecution. If you don't like the cross, don't look at it. It means so much to millions...so little to a few, yet the few rule...
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." That's the First Amendment. Having a explicitly Christian symbol on publicly owned government land is a violation of it. The same would apply to a Magen David or Star and Crescent.
I believe it is a form of persecution when Christians are not allowed to follow their conscience when running their business. A Christian business man who owns a bakery should not be FORCED to make a wedding cake for a homosexual wedding, as the Bible is clearly against homosexuality. There are plenty of other bakers out there who would be more than happy to make a cake for the homosexuals...those who do not want to make a cake for them should not be forced to.
Hypothetical for you. Let's say you walk into a bakery and order a cake, and they refuse to make it. Further imagine if the reason they gave you was "I don't support you getting married because you are Christian." Or same scenario, but the reason is because of your race. Is that ok?
Again, I believe it is a form of persecution when Christian photographers refuse to photograph a homosexual wedding because they believe that God does not honor homosexual weddings and they want to be in harmony with God and the Bible...and they are taken to court and fined because they refused to photograph the wedding and go against their conscience. Yes, that is persecution.
Can you tell me where in the Bible it says to shun or treat different people differently because of differing belief structure? To me, refusing to sell a service to another is not only bad business, but not very loving.

Upvote 0

freedomissacred

catholic artist
Nov 30, 2013
Texas
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

It might happen on Ash Wednesday....:p

I had a cat that hissed at Mormons. She hated bicycles!

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's Luther's Rose and if you look closely, you will see that at the heart of it is the cross, so yes I am Christian. More specifically, I'm of the Evangelical Catholic tradition, but that's not as important for this current discussion. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." That's the First Amendment. Having a explicitly Christian symbol on publicly owned government land is a violation of it. The same would apply to a Magen David or Star and Crescent.
Hypothetical for you. Let's say you walk into a bakery and order a cake, and they refuse to make it. Further imagine if the reason they gave you was "I don't support you getting married because you are Christian." Or same scenario, but the reason is because of your race. Is that ok?

Can you tell me where in the Bible it says to shun or treat different people differently because of differing belief structure? To me, refusing to sell a service to another is not only bad business, but not very loving.

I'm sorry, I should have put my mouse over that symbol and I would have known...very sorry!

Race is one thing...I don't believe people should refuse to sell to people of another race. I don't believe that anyone who believes the Bible believes that they should not sell to someone of another race.

But Homosexuality is not RACE...and the two shouldn't be confused. All Nationalities are = with God. But not so with sexuality. Marriage is approved of God ONLY between a man and a woman. A union between two men or two women is an abomination in the sight of God and God's people.

I believe we should love homosexuals, as we should love all sinners...and point them to Jesus...Jesus can save a homosexual from his/her sin just as He can save others from any and all other sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,195.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
My understanding is that it is not allowed to promote homosexuality, which is not what I am doing. Leaving aside the morality of homosexuality, do I have your agreement that is not right for people to discriminate against Christians, and even refuse to engage in business with them just because of their belief structure? If so, why is that Christians are allowed to do the same? We live in a country governed by the rule of law, and if that is to have any meaning, the law needs to apply to everybody equally.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Christians in America say we're being persecuted, I keep seeing the scene in "Crocodile Dundee" where a would-be mugger pulls a switchblade on him. Dundee just looks at the fellow quizzically and says, "That's not a knife." Then he pulls out his huge machete-like blade and says, "This is a knife."

When Christians in America talk about being persecuted, I see Christians in many other countries today saying, "That's not persecution...."

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." That's the First Amendment. Having a explicitly Christian symbol on publicly owned government land is a violation of it. The same would apply to a Magen David or Star and Crescent.
^^^ This.

Why do people refuse to understand the Constitution?

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My understanding is that it is not allowed to promote homosexuality, which is not what I am doing. Leaving aside the morality of homosexuality, do I have your agreement that is not right for people to discriminate against Christians, and even refuse to engage in business with them just because of their belief structure? If so, why is that Christians are allowed to do the same? We live in a country governed by the rule of law, and if that is to have any meaning, the law needs to apply to everybody equally.

Honestly, I have no problem if someone doesn't want to do business with me because I'm a Christian...I won't force them to do business with me. I'll find someone else who would be happy to take my money. And I expect the same favor...I don't want to be FORCED to do business with people who I think are promoting things that are sinful or as the Bible says, an abomination. Give the business people some room to follow their conscience....there are plenty of others out there who would be glad to take their money...so why the PUSH to force those who don't want to????

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I have no problem if someone doesn't want to do business with me because I'm a Christian...I won't force them to do business with me. I'll find someone else who would be happy to take my money. And I expect the same favor...I don't want to be FORCED to do business with people who I think are promoting things that are sinful or as the Bible says, an abomination. Give the business people some room to follow their conscience....there are plenty of others out there who would be glad to take their money...so why the PUSH to force those who don't want to????

So who are you going to do business with? Are you going to cut out the people promoting promiscuity? The people promoting greed? The people promoting hatred? The people who are lovers of themselves? The gossips? All those people in that long list that Paul calls sinners--in which homosexuality is just the middle item?

Are you going to be conscientious about not doing business with all of them?

Upvote 0