✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pastor faces eviction for hosting home Bible study
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018...es-eviction-for-hosting-home-bible-study.html

A semi-retired Lutheran minister in Fredericksburg, Virginia faces the possibility of being evicted from a senior living community because he’s been hosting a small Bible study in the privacy of his apartment, his attorney alleges.

First Liberty Institute, a law firm that specializes in religious liberty cases, is representing Pastor Ken Hauge. The pastor has accused the management of The Evergreens at Smith Run of a pattern of verbal abuse and harassment directed at Christians who live in the complex.

Upvote 0

DivineMercyPilgrim

Aug 18, 2018
USA
✟8,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The large number of conservative federal judges being appointed all throughout the federal judiciary is beginning to turn the tide of such persecution. All Americans are free to express their opinions, even when those opinions are intolerant of people of faith, but stocking the judiciary with anti-Christian activists wielding worldly power over the faithful was a step too far. I pray that the new trend of appointing faithful defenders of religious freedom throughout the federal court system continues for a long time.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
but stocking the judiciary with anti-Christian activists wielding worldly power over the faithful was a step too far.

Are you quite certain this is what has happened? I'm not.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ACLJ (American Center for Law and Justice) reports (Jun 2018):

Christian students face growing anti-Christian harassment at school.

Their Christianity is treated like a virus. The Bible is banned; they are called out in class for expressing their faith; the cross is treated as contraband. Bible clubs are banned or ostracized by school officials.

One little elementary school girl was banned from drawing a picture of Jesus, had her Bible confiscated, and was instructed she could never even mention her faith at school. A little boy was repeatedly threatened with punishment for doing book reports on Bible stories.

Almost daily, we are contacted by the parents of Christian students who are facing blatantly unconstitutional discrimination.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
‘Bible ban’ closer to law for Californians
August 21, 2018 Global News

WND.com reports: “Pro-family activists in California are asking citizens to urge Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown to veto a bill some critics say would effectively ban the sale of the Bible in the state.

AB 2943 classifies as ‘consumer fraud’ any financial transaction – such as selling a book or charging for a seminar – related to counseling people to overcome same-sex attractions.

The bill has been disputed hotly for months and last month was delayed voluntarily in the state Senate. But now the Senate has voted 25-11 to adopt it, sending it back to the Assembly where Senate changes must be approved.

It then could go to the governor.

The legislation comes amid the release of a Liberty Counsel study showing that such therapies overwhelmingly are effective…”

View Original Article

https://www.jvim.com/bible-ban-closer-to-law-for-californians/

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Back story:

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018...ute-christian-baker-despite-her-court-victory

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/us/masterpiece-cakeshop-colorado-jack-phillips.html
By Julie Turkewitz

Colorado Baker Sues Governor Over Cake Dispute With Transgender Woman

• Aug. 16, 2018
DENVER — The baker who won a United States Supreme Court case this year after refusing to make a cake for a same-sex wedding has sued the governor of Colorado, alleging the state discriminated against him when he declined to make a blue and pink cake for a transgender woman.

The lawsuit sets up yet another public battle involving Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cakeshop over whether claims of religious freedoms can be used to refuse services to gay and transgender people. The Supreme Court did not definitively decide on that question in its ruling earlier this year, ensuring additional legal fights.

This time, the suit involves a customer, Autumn Scardina, who asked Mr. Phillips to make a cake with a blue exterior and pink interior that would mark her birthday and the seventh anniversary of her gender transition.

v

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dr. Jean, God bless you for volunteering to work for Samaritan's Purse. From what I've seen, they're a great organization. I'm glad that Franklin Graham is talking about Christian persecution in American. I've seen it increase at an alarming rate in my lifetime.

• Agree
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
A fairly large block of my fellow Christians have what could be called an entitlement mentality.
There's no question that this is happening. But the US is a large country with lots of people with very different motivations. There are surely places where conservatives are in fact being attacked, just as there are places where people who violate conservative assumptions are being attacked. There are also some schools and other institutions that are enforcing overly cautious approaches to religious expression, from fear of being sued.

This provides people of every viewpoint plenty of opportunities to feel like martyrs. Not a healthy environment, but one I understand.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The lawsuit sets up yet another public battle involving Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cakeshop over whether claims of religious freedoms can be used to refuse services to gay and transgender people. The Supreme Court did not definitively decide on that question in its ruling earlier this year, ensuring additional legal fights.
It's surprisingly difficult to get courts to decide the question we want them to. This case probably won't lead to a real answer either. We already know you can't force someone to express a viewpoint. E.g. you couldn't ask Phillips to make a cake saying "gay marriage is good," nor could State law require it. I think there's a good case that the red and blue cake will be seen as symbolic speech, which can't be compelled.

Upvote 0

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Also That I cannot attend church because I have a service dog, a minor persecution but still..the ramifications are widespread... no fellowship, no worship, no offering, etc. It cripples me, and others...

God help us all.
I was being persecuted in a particular Catholic Church and then some non-Catholic churches persecute you if you are Catholic-leaning. Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself
but I don't see much of that, which is why I stay to myself a lot

• Friendly
Upvote 0

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Nah. We are not persceuted in USA. But we are bullied by the left/feminists, but that is not opression.
I feel my mail is being interfered with because I am Christian and active in fighting certain wrongs

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The USA is under threat at this time.
Last week or so President Trump declared this in a more casual manner... using different terminology than the old Bush' colors of threat levels, and not the military threat levels (DEFCON) either.

This week, rather than write an Executive Order, he followed up with a letter to Congress regarding 'posse comitatus" which is the correct way to do it.

That the President feels he needs this means that he senses the United States is under a real INTERNAL threat to our national security. That should call all Christians to their knees in prayer for guidance and protection from that threat.

I have my own ideas as to why POTUS felt the need to do this. (I had big questions when in 2007 it was done!)

And it is not JUST to be allowed to use military within our borders, something which by otherwise legality is not allowed (though it was done at David Koresh compound... and was quite scary to me).

I put this here because it IS our CHRISTIAN based nation that is under seige... being threatened in many ways....

(As a side note, and still trying not to be political, the SCOTUS ruled recently that ISLAM will NOT be taught in our public schools. That was another real threat and persecution of Christians here, as Christian students were being deprived of any outward display of their faith while teachers were requiring several months of 'being a moslem' as part of the required curricula... taking on an Islamic name, wearing the traditional dress, memorizing and saying the prayers to allah... )

One can only wonder if this is part of the reason for the 'threat within our borders'? There are 22 publicly known alqaeda terrorist training camps operating in the USA. And certainly we all know about the ONE reported terrorist camp where abducted children were being taught to be school shooters, where the one 4 yr old had been sacrificed and buried as well?

By the way, this is not just the ability to use military to protect us...but it's roots are in the early days when local sheriffs needed citizens to help round up a large group of bad guys, to retain law and order etc (who rode horses? posse.... ) So it could also be to allow the local police to 'deputize' citizens in helping in securing our borders if there is a mass intrusion??? Or also to help such as in CA where they have registered illegal aliens to vote... that is a threat to our national security as well.

Guess we will find out (perhaps not) but we need to pray for the sovereignty of our Nation, to keep it Christ-centered, or we will be over taken.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(The actual posse comitatus came from the 1700s...)

Pray for American, for our Christian nation.... there will be a first time testing of the "Presidential Alert" system next week. This will allow a direct message to be sent to your phone. It is through FEMA...Wireless Emergency Alerts to warn the public...about... "and other critical situations".

Upvote 0