[PERMANENTLY CLOSED] Is it possible for Christians to be perfectly sinless in this life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I can say that Jesus keeps me sin free. Jesus has made a home in me and there is no sin in God’s home.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

God’s home is the kingdom of God. Satan/sin is not allowed in the kingdom of God.
Sinless perfection? More like willful disobedience. Willful disobedience is when we elevate ourselves to the throne of God and judging which of His truths apply to our life. All sin is rooted in such arrogance, a self-exaltation where we think of ourselves and our abilities more highly than we should of Gods. If God is holy and righteous, incapable of sin, are you too then holy and righteous? Isaiah 14 warned us all about the danger of attempting to raise ourselves to the level of God. After all, this temptation is what caused the fall of all mankind in the Garden of Eden; “when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God” (Genesis 3:5).

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My I ask why this forum see it wrong to discuss: (Matthew 5:48) “Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

Those are the rules so I suggest keeping them in mind. No promotion of sinless perfection in this forum period.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some churches or denominations (typically from Wesleyan or Holiness backgrounds) that teach that it is possible for Christians to be perfectly sinless in this life. However, this false doctrine clearly goes against the Scriptures. For example, the Apostle John writes:

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" (1 John 1:8).

Also, James writes:

"For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body" (James 3:2).

Therefore, the doctrine of "sinless perfection" is a false doctrine that has no exegetical basis in Scripture.

Can one born of God sin? (or was John doubled minded and unstable in all his ways, which brings into question everything he wrote), or is what God cleansed (as he had told Peter) still unclean (which makes God a liar), or did Jesus really not take away the sins of the world (as John had said when seeing Jesus) which makes God's sacrifice one that falls short (sin), and John delusional (which is what the majority of people thought of him back then anyway).

Whatsoever is not faith is sin, so if you believe you can't then it is a missing of the mark for you already.

To say I have no sin is the same as saying I see.

To say I will not drink is to have drank already.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Come on, folks. There is the Spiritual Nature, empowered by the Holy Spirit. Then there is the sinful nature, empowered by satanic evil. The former does not sin. The latter does. The former is the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. The latter comes in two aspects:

1. A born-again Believer who sins (yields to temptation), and
2. An unsaved person who lives in sin (lost)

In #1, above, the born-again Believer, by personal choice, exits the Spiritual Nature to visit the sinful nature, thereby grieving the Holy Spirit. Then there is 1 John 1:9. The born-again Believer now needs to yield to the ministry of the Holy Spirt, who calls out to him or her. Gripped by guilt, the born-again Believer kneels in prayer, and "hears" the Holy Spirit speak forgiveness. Those steps where he or she tripped up are erased. The path restored, perfect in every detail, finds he or she walking with Jesus.

In #2, above, that persons lost status is continuous. He or she walks in sin until confession / profession is made, as in Romans 10:8-13. Will the joy that follows be interrupted by that old sinful nature? Yes. Temptation opens the door. Again, 1 John 1:9 is there.

One does not read books "about" the Bible, or conduct intellectual surveys of God's Word. One yields to the call of the Holy Spirit to pray, then to read God's Word. The Spiritual Truth comes forth. Then one prays again, thanking God for His Divine Revelation.

:amen:

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

WarningSign1.png

MOD HAT ON

This thread has been permanently closed
after careful consideration by CF-Staff.

Please abide by CF-Forum Rules and
Statement of Purpose Rules.

The reason for the closure is that many
posts violated the above mentioned Rules.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.