[PERMANENTLY CLOSED] Gay couple Accused of raping 5 of their 9 adopted children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We should not base generalizations on one case.
The reasons this particular case did not proceed are troubling.

i read the article in the link. Thank you for posting it. My heart goes out to the 19 year old and his little brother and anyone else who may or may not have been effected.

It sounds like they have not been heard yet. Perhaps they can write their story one day. It would be therapeutic.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't find the use of the word coward enduring and to make an assumption that someone would for no apparent reason is baseless.

I inquired because I did not see how you could square the claim of not disliking anyone in the thread or not taking umbrage with us using pseudonyms when you call it cowardice to do so and demanded apologies for it.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
i read the article in the link. Thank you for posting it. My heart goes out to the 19 year old and his little brother and anyone else who may or may not have been effected.
Except we don't know if the 19 yo and/or the little brother have been affected. The 19 yo was deemed unreliable to testify. An 8 yo unable to testify. Suspicion appears to fall every bit as much on the accusers as the accused. I suspect this case should not be such public fodder since nobody seems to be able to bring a comprehensive case to court.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like they have not been heard yet. Perhaps they can write their story one day. It would be therapeutic.
Yes. Very sad to read that the two boys have suffered so much trauma.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
... just trying to understand when you are/are not talking in absolutes.

I don't believe that. If you were trying to understand you would ask a question rather than make such a comment.

Going back to our sample example, if he is/was bisexual then he MAY have the capacity to be fulfilled in his marriage and be fulfilling to his spouse. If he is farther on the homosexual end of the scale he is likely to be harming himself attempting to be something he is not. He will be damaging himself and those around him. That you are claiming a part of himself is unwanted already tells us he is on a destructive path. Not wanting a part of oneself almost never should be pandered to. If he didn't want his racial identity or his height it would be pretty daft to pretend that there was anything to be done about them.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Except we don't know if the 19 yo and/or the little brother have been affected. The 19 yo was deemed unreliable to testify. An 8 yo unable to testify. Suspicion appears to fall every bit as much on the accusers as the accused. I suspect this case should not be such public fodder since nobody seems to be able to bring a comprehensive case to court.

Hmmmm...i don't know about that. There's a lot of unknown factors it seems. From the link, i'd be concerned with any trauma especially of the 8 yr old. It seemed he is very fragile. And that alone needs to be explored.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Yes. Very sad to read that the two boys have suffered so much trauma.
If the 19 yo was determined to not be reliable, that may be a sign he has anti-social personality disorder or borderline personality disorder. In such cases his testifying wouldn't be in the least therapeutic. It would be indulging a perpetrator.

Upvote 0

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Hmmmm...i don't know about that. There's a lot of unknown factors it seems. From the link, i'd be concerned with any trauma especially of the 8 yr old. It seemed he is very fragile. And that alone needs to be explored.

Thank you kindly.
Yes it does seem he has a lot of trauma. We don't know though if it is because of this suspicious older brother and/or foster mother or if there is any validity to the allegations against the father(s) or something else entirely.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes it does seem he has a lot of trauma. We don't know though if it is because of this suspicious older brother and/or foster mother or if there is any validity to the allegations against the father(s) or something else entirely.

I am wondering why you said "suspicious" brother (and foster mother)? Did i miss something?

And yes, if the 8 yr old had any former traumas and any additional traumas happened, he'd be beyond "fragile"....tragic.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well it's not a surprise that an 8 year old is fragile given the situation. We don't really know what he said or why he said it. But the 19 year old was deemed an unreliable witness, and the 8 year old seems to have said something that contradicted what he had said previously and made his testimony unreliable. It could very well be a case of a 19 year old who was molested, which sent him down a path that makes him an unreliable witness (i.e. drug use), and the 8 year old was also molested and having a tough time dealing with it.

Alternatively, it could be the case of a 19 year old making the whole thing up due to mental disorder or drug use (not exactly uncommon) and trying to get the 8 year old to go along with the story who, torn between a brother and parents, develops severe anxiety. Young kids are suggestible, and you can get them to say or think some pretty outrageous things happened to them. We saw it in the satanic abuse hysteria of the late 80s and early 90s.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am wondering why you said "suspicious" brother (and foster mother)?
Because the older brother was deemed an unreliable witness who had credibility issues in the first trial.

In regards to the foster mother, she wanted previously recorded video the 8 year old made to be used. There is the possibility that, even with good intentions, she fed into him believing he was molested when he wasn't. This sort of thing is not really unheard of.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.