Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Vague, fanciful, unevidenced claims.

That's it?
If you lost as much of your body as you have cut out of the factual biblical history of the world...it would be like a stroke that left you paralyzed on one side. You are in denial. Can't help you there. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are Christians who don't believe in the resurrection.
That is not true. The correct definition of a Christian is, one who follows the Christ who rose from the dead (who was resurrected). To not believe that Christ rose from the dead, is to not believe in the same Christ whom is the Son of God, of whom the term refers to. That would make their christ a false christ, and them an anti-Christ.

Reactions: Oncedeceived
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wrong. Look under my title. I am a "member" here, just as you are. Your opinions hold no ascendancy over my own or anyone else's. As has been explained to you, this particular forum is one that is available to those who quite clearly have no belief in your particular god, nor your particular interpretation of that god. My very presence indicates that I find your religious claims to be unfounded and therefore open to criticism. And, as you were also advised, if those criticisms are causing you too much pain, if you find that they uncover too much truth for you to contend with, then you should 'get out of the kitchen'.

If you honestly believe that the expression of any opinion is always completely appropriate regardless of venue, I suggest the following experiment:

Go dress up in a KKK outfit and walk around in the streets of Harlem. Tell me how that goes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I'm sure it can mean whatever you want it to mean. You can't describe it, you can't show a shred of evidence for it, but I'm sure you can imagine it.

Strange way to gauge reality though.
What have you presented other than your own opinion and assertion?

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
That would of course violate your rule of common vernacular...and put everything you yourself have ever read or studied, in the same category.
Not at all, it would just mean no special pleading for exceptions for my own particular personally held beliefs. I can live with that.

Can you, for your beliefs?
What precaution could one possibly take against something out of ones control? What precautions are you taking, for instance, about the potential of collisions of meteors colliding with the earth?
Let's deal with one set of goalposts at a time. What precautions have you taken against those extraterrestrial aliens visiting Earth, and coming into your home?

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Just so we understand the terms, are NOT "common vernacular." It is a foolish notion to give final say and authority to random human activity.
The "common vernacular" is not "random". If that were so, communication between individuals in a culture would be virtually impossible. The "common vernacular" is the opposite - it is what facilitates that communication.
So, I do not, and will not.
Then your posts will remain incoherent to others.
It is also foolish to think that we can attain greater knowledge, within the lesser context of what is considered "common."
It is also foolish to use words outside of their commonly held definitions and expect that others will understand and accept what you are saying without clarification.
The answer would be comparable to the difference between quantity and quality. I will let you answer the question: What is the measure of the memory of your whole life...not the years, but the memories?
I would say that your question is malformed. Simply sticking a question mark at the end of a string of words does not make for a valid question.

I take this as you not being able to define the word "dimension" as you have used it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Where did you get that from what I said?
Your allusion to mitocondral "Eve" is incompatible with the biblical Adam/Eve/Global flood stories in many ways, not the least of witch is that the biblical "Eve" would have no ancestors.

So I ask to you articulate (not defend) your beliefs - A literal Adam and Eve, or myth?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not at all, it would just mean no special pleading for exceptions for my own particular personally held beliefs. I can live with that.

Can you, for your beliefs?
It is not special pleating to come to the knowledge of the truth and then advance in that knowledge. Is every advancement of knowledge in history special pleating? No. Your supposition is absurd.
Let's deal with one set of goalposts at a time. What precautions have you taken against those extraterrestrial aliens visiting Earth, and coming into your home?
I believe my ridiculous question cancels out your ridiculous question. Next.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "common vernacular" is not "random". If that were so, communication between individuals in a culture would be virtually impossible. The "common vernacular" is the opposite - it is what facilitates that communication.
It is human activity that is random. Common communication of random activity, does not make the communication effective. History shows that humans can be stuck in their common beliefs for centuries. Your point is mute. The only thing that breaks the chain of common random error...is truth, which is sometimes stumbled upon, sometimes worked through, and sometimes a gift.
I would say that your question is malformed. Simply sticking a question mark at the end of a string of words does not make for a valid question.

I take this as you not being able to define the word "dimension" as you have used it.
With you considering my question "malformed", it is most appropriate that I allow you to come to the answer on your own. What good is it, if I give you the answer, only to have you claim it is not true according to your current understanding? But we are not talking about "your current understanding"...so step out, or go your way. What would you like to do?
Where did you get that idea?
The sign on the door (Christian Forums). Duh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your allusion to mitocondral "Eve" is incompatible with the biblical Adam/Eve/Global flood stories in many ways, not the least of witch is that the biblical "Eve" would have no ancestors.

So I ask to you articulate (not defend) your beliefs - A literal Adam and Eve, or myth?
What witch? Seriously, I believe that Adam and Eve are the first spiritual human beings and that other humans existed prior and during their lifetimes.

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Then they are simply not Christians.
That is not true. The correct definition of a Christian is, one who follows the Christ who rose from the dead (who was resurrected). To not believe that Christ rose from the dead, is to not believe in the same Christ whom is the Son of God, of whom the term refers to. That would make their christ a false christ, and them an anti-Christ.
The forum rules state:
Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
It is not special pleating
View media item 53222
to come to the knowledge of the truth and then advance in that knowledge.
Sure, but so far I have only seen you proffer your religious opinion.
Is every advancement of knowledge in history special pleating? No. Your supposition is absurd.
Your misrepresentation of what I said is certainly absurd. :wave:
I believe my ridiculous question cancels out your ridiculous question. Next.
As mine followed yours, the cancellation effect was intended. Glad to see that you acknowledged it. :)

Reactions: Phenotype
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View media item 53222
Sure, but so far I have only seen you proffer your religious opinion.

Your misrepresentation of what I said is certainly absurd. :wave:

As mine followed yours, the cancellation effect was intended. Glad to see that you acknowledged it. :)
Is this your way of avoiding the question, then...using the rules card, referring to everything I said but the question?

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
It is human activity that is random.
People randomly come together to form groups, tribes, cultures, societies, cities, countries... what would the opposite of random be, for you?
Common communication of random activity, does not make the communication effective.
No, but a common understanding of meanings of words does. A common vernacular. Get thee to a dictionary.
History shows that humans can be stuck in their common beliefs for centuries.
I don't think random means what you think it means.
Your point is mute.
Moot-Point-Mute-Point-e1341271002625.jpg

The only thing that breaks the chain of common random error...is truth, which is sometimes stumbled upon, sometimes worked through, and sometimes a gift.
And your religious opinion is supposed to be this "truth"? Consider me skeptical.
With you considering my question "malformed", it is most appropriate that I allow you to come to the answer on your own. What good is it, if I give you the answer, only to have you claim it is not true according to your current understanding?
I don't disagree. Fix your question, and restate it.
But we are not talking about "your current understanding"...so step out, or go your way. What would you like to do?
That's up to you. I don't care if your posts are not coherent.
The sign on the door (Christian Forums). Duh.
I come in the same door you do.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

MOD HAT ON

After careful consideration, this thread has
been PERMANENTLY CLOSED.

The reason for that is:

- many post were of a Flaming nature
- many post were of a Goading nature
- some posts were of a Blasphemous nature
- posts were of a General Apologetic nature
- posts were of a Vulgar/Profane nature.

In the future please adhere to CPM-Rules,
as well as Forum Specific Rules.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.