Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many Christians these days are portraying perfection. This isn't the basis of what they believe. Many unbelievers are driven away from God, because the Christians that they see have an "unreachable amount of perfection". If you keep trying to put this mask of perfection on and portray a lie of living a perfect life, you are actually driving people away from Christianity.
Now, if a person knows that they are not perfect, and they only see Christians living "perfect lives", they say,"I can't be a Christian because I could never be perfect like them". You have just driven away a person from knowing Christ by lying to them with your actions. Many places in the Bible, it teaches that we need to build eachother up, and keep eachother from makeing the mistakes we made in the past. If we're "perfect", we can't do that. I struggle with this SO MUCH. I always want to look perfect so that somebody sees something different in me, but I don't realize that what they see, I'm basically telling them they can't have.
We have to stop lying with our lives, and start living like the forgiven, not the perfect. This is the basis of Christianity.

molly

Just a child of God
Sep 23, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟8,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What a good post, I think your right, too often we TRY to be perfect and it comes off all fake, I guess we just have to let Jesus work through us and try not to get in His way, we really don't know what we are doing! I like an imperfect human being, it's easier to relate to them.Keep trusting God to work through you and He will always win.

Upvote 0

TransformedByGrace

Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying that ALL unsaved people are driven away by it, but I know people who are.
And also, what happens when our friends that see us as perfect, see us stumble. If we base our belief on perfection, then when we stumble, others see the belief stumble.

Upvote 0