Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Perfect=

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony.

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

Rectitude=

Straightness.

Rightness of principle or practice.

Exact conformity to truth by Divine laws.

Uprightness of mind.

Uprightness/ integrity/ honesty/ justice.

Right judgment.

Assured probity.

High ideal.

Incorruptibility.

Pure/stainless/unimpeachable/worthy.

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/set free/ emancipated…"

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The God-as-Judge viewpoint does not present a biblical picture of what divine justice is about at all, but is a legalistic perspective that comes from human culture.

Biblically, to “bring justice” does not mean to bring punishment, but to bring healing and reconciliation. Justice means to make things right. Throughout the Prophets justice is associated with caring for others, as something that is not in conflict with mercy, but rather an expression of it. Divine justice is God’s saving action at work for all that are oppressed, as the following verses demonstrate:

Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow (Isaiah 1:17). Note what happens when one does right by seeking justice. The oppressed are encouraged and the helpless are helped.

This is what the LORD says:

"`Administer justice every morning; rescue from the hand of his oppressor the one who has been robbed (Jeremiah 21:12). Justice is done when the oppressed is rescued.

This is what the LORD Almighty says: `Administer true justice: show mercy and compassion to one another (Zechariah 7:9). How does one administer true justice? By showing mercy and compassion to everybody involved.

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice (Isaiah 30:18). What is the reason our Lord wants to be gracious to us? Because He is just.

If we want to understand the concept of justice as the writers of the Old Testament did, then we must see it as a “setting things right again.”

There is no conflict between God’s justice and His mercy. They both flow from His love… --Steve McVey-

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Perfect=

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony.

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

Rectitude=

Straightness.

Rightness of principle or practice.

Exact conformity to truth by Divine laws.

Uprightness of mind.

Uprightness/ integrity/ honesty/ justice.

Right judgment.

Assured probity.

High ideal.

Incorruptibility.

Pure/stainless/unimpeachable/worthy.

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/set free/ emancipated…"
Jesus is my Life. He is all of the above. Me? Complete in Him. A new creation in Him. Blessed with every spiritual blessing in Him. Dead and hidden in Him with God. Raised together with Him to new life. Isn't that wonderful? Lord Jesus is already everything that God demands of me. That's what I call salvation.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Restoration of All Things (perfect rectitude)

Matt 19:28:
Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Rev 21:5:
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"

Rom 8:20-21:
For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Isa 65:17:
"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus is my Life. He is all of the above. Me? Complete in Him. A new creation in Him. Blessed with every spiritual blessing in Him. Dead and hidden in Him with God. Raised together with Him to new life. Isn't that wonderful? Lord Jesus is already everything that God demands of me. That's what I call salvation.

Dear Aussie: Every individual who has been born from above is accounted righteous (logizomai). Do you know the difference between logizomai and ginomai? Perfect rectitude is NOT being accounted righteous it is being "made righteous". Being made righteous is a process, being accounted righteous is an instantaneous event.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Dear Aussie: Every individual who has been born from above is accounted righteous (logizomai). Do you know the difference between logizomai and ginomai? Perfect rectitude is NOT being accounted righteous it is being "made righteous". Being made righteous is a process, being accounted righteous is an instantaneous event.
Perfection is not available in this lifetime. I look to Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith. As He lives out His life in me and through, me I experience His love, joy, peace, faith, patience and all the fruit of the Spirit. Since perfection is not available in this life, I get on with doing what the Lord has called me to do. He is changing me from glory to glory. I am still very much a work in progress.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Perfection is not available in this lifetime. I look to Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith. As He lives out His life in me and through, me I experience His love, joy, peace, faith, patience and all the fruit of the Spirit. Since perfection is not available in this life, I get on with doing what the Lord has called me to do. He is changing me from glory to glory. I am still very much a work in progress.

Dear Aussie: Perfection is most assuredly not available in this dimension. Being accounted righteous is a wonderful fact, but not the final chapter for any of us. Yes, we are changed from glory to glory, or from one degree of glory to another degree of glory, all of which is in the present continuous tense.

I appreciate your post, we are all a work in progress.

Jesus Christ is the Author & Finisher of faith, not our faith, of faith.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus vigorously and repeatedly opposed Pharisaic Judaism on the critical issue of who deserves salvation. It was a core teaching of his ministry.

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. (Mt 23:13)

So who does our Lord say most deserves to be saved? Those who most need saving, obviously!

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ (Mt 25:35-36)

And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Mk 2:17)

And who is the Chief of Sinners (besides Saul of Tarsus)?

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. (Jn 8:44)

Nobody is more deserving of salvation than the devil himself. He and his sons just err in their prideful belief they're in control. But they cannot escape rectification in the judgement of unquenchable holy fire.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Restoration of All Things (perfect rectitude)

Matt 19:28:
Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Rev 21:5:
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"

Rom 8:20-21:
For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Isa 65:17:
"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Dear Saint: What a glorious unfolding this broken world is heading for.

New heavens, new earth, everything & everybody changed & transformed!

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus vigorously and repeatedly opposed Pharisaic Judaism on the critical issue of who deserves salvation. It was a core teaching of his ministry.

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. (Mt 23:13)

So who does our Lord say most deserves to be saved? Those who most need saving, obviously!

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ (Mt 25:35-36)

And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Mk 2:17)

And who is the Chief of Sinners (besides Saul of Tarsus)?

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. (Jn 8:44)

Nobody is more deserving of salvation than the devil himself. He and his sons just err in their prideful belief they're in control. But they cannot escape rectification in the judgement of unquenchable holy fire.

Dear Shrewd: I have little knowledge of the Holy One. His ways are past finding out, and far far beyond F.L. The word ta panta in koine literally means "the all". Satan and his legions are under aidios chains at present. What our God intends for their final outcome remains a mystery for me. One thing is clear: our God does all things well, His purposes for everything and everybody will resound to His praise and glory.

EVERYTHING!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shrewd Manager

Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Shrewd: I have little knowledge of the Holy One. His ways are past finding out, and far far beyond F.L. The word ta panta in koine literally means "the all". Satan and his legions are under aidios chains at present. What our God intends for their final outcome remains a mystery for me. One thing is clear: our God does all things well, His purposes for everything and everybody will resound to His praise and glory.

EVERYTHING!

Quite true, I'm only reasoning it out. It's our job to resist the devil, up to God whether or not to save him. I pray the veil is lifted soon, cause the devil's really having a field day at present.

Almost everything anyone believes is a lie or compromised by deceit and folly now, be it theology, cosmology, politics, economics, law, culture, values etc. I'm encouraged by your perseverance my friend.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Quite true, I'm only reasoning it out. It's our job to resist the devil, up to God whether or not to save him. I pray the veil is lifted soon, cause the devil's really having a field day at present.

Almost everything anyone believes is a lie or compromised by deceit and folly now, be it theology, cosmology, politics, economics, law, culture, values etc. I'm encouraged by your perseverance my friend.

Dear Shrewd: The great groan within our beings cries how long oh Lord? The entire creation groans & we within ourselves the refrain sounds.

I have been greatly enhanced by the writings of A.P. Adams. This is what he writes regarding the purpose of evil>>>

The Purpose of Evil by A.P. Adams

The Spirit of the Word

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's our job to resist the devil, up to God whether or not to save him.
As I understand it, angels are created beings. Which means fallen angels (demons) are created beings as well. Which means the prince of demons (Satan) is a created being as well.

Since all creation will be restored, then all created beings will be restored. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As I understand it, angels are created beings. Which means fallen angels (demons) are created beings as well. Which means the prince of demons (Satan) is a created being as well.

Since all creation will be restored, then all created beings will be restored. Am I missing something?

Dear Saint: From your posts there is nothing indicating anything is going over your attention!

Our God is the Source of the all of ta pante. He also in the finale. He takes full responsibility for everything that has come out of Him. When this grande story of Him is complete we shall all know the purpose for what is at the moment a mystery.

Romans 11:36

“oti ex autou kai di autou kai eiV auton ta panta autw h doxa eiV touV aiwnaV amhn”

Dr. Marvin Vincent N.T. Word Studies

Of - through - to (ex - dia - eiv).

Of, proceeding from as the source:

through, by means of, as maintainer, preserver, ruler:

to or unto, He is the point to which all tends. All men and things are for His glory (1 Corinthians 15:28).

Alford styles this doxology “the sublimest apostrophe existing even in the pages of inspiration itself.”

Robertson Word Pictures Of The N.T.

Of him= ex autou

Through him = di’ autou

Unto him = eiv auton

By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the

Ex = The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

For ever = eiv touv aiwnav = “For the ages.”

Alford terms this doxology in verses 33-36 “the sublimest apostrophe existing even in the pages of inspiration itself.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
THE CORRECTIVE JUDGMENTS OF GOD

0 Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in Thine anger, lest Thou bring me to nothing (lest Thou diminish me)." [Jeremiah 10:24].

The Hebrew word for “correct” is “yasar,” and has also been translated as- TO INSTRUCT, TO CHASTEN, BE TAUGHT, BE REFORMED, etc. While the Greek word is “paideuo” and includes the thought of CHILD-TRAINING, involving the whole process of discipline which girds us up to the right way.

The admonition for spiritual growth is always before us, “GROW in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” [2 Peter 3:18]. To grow in grace requires that we pass through all of those processes whereby the works of the flesh are stripped off, and we cease to follow our own self-centered will, and become conformed to HIS WILL. Thus we see God often has to use corrective measures to bring us to the place where it is “no more I, but Christ liveth in me.” [Galatians 2:20].

Jeremiah realized this need for development, and He also realized that “the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.” [Jeremiah 10 :23], and so he made his request, “CORRECT ME, BUT WITH JUDGMENT.” What a prayer! “Lord, gird me up, bring me into aright standing with Thee, instruct me in the way that I should go, USING YOUR BLESSED JUDGMENTS to accomplish the purpose. Not with anger, that would surely diminish me, but if You use Your judgments, it shall work good in me.” Ah, what a revelation concerning the judgments of our God.

Man has long viewed God’s judgments as a vindictive action prompted by a motive for revenge and supported by a tumultuous wrath that must be pacified. NOT SO! Such is a gross caricature of our God! His mercy and grace are super-abundant, and though He finds it necessary to chasten, His wisdom and righteousness produce a just and pure chastisement conditioned to correct the situation, and thus bring forth a creature improved by the process.

ALL OF GOD’S JUDGMENTS ARE CORRECTIVE IN NATURE, motivated by His love, and used to work out a divine purpose, into our good, and His praise!

Proverbs 3:11-12

One of the things that needs to be considered is that to speak of the chastening and correction of the Lord does not necessarily mean receiving a whipping. Remember, the main goal in view is that of vital INSTRUCTION, that we might learn to walk in the way that is pleasing to the Lord. God is not in the process of continually spanking His children just for the sake of spanking them. God uses these various methods of discipline TO TEACH US, INSTRUCT US, that we might grow up into spiritual maturity, conformed to His will, being partakers of His divine nature. It is a constant demonstration of His love, to know that He is vitally concerned with us, that He would give us this individual attention, and shapen our lives to His own image.

Despise not…" this word “despise” comes from the Hebrew word “maas” meaning, to loathe, despise, reject. How often have men rejected the instruction of the Lord, and found to their sorrow that they should have hearkened to Him.

Jeremiah has often been called “the weeping prophet” because of the tears which he shed for his people. What sorrow of heart he must have felt because of their rebellious condition, and how often the word of the Lord came to him, “In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction.” [Jeremiah 2:30]. “They have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.” [Jeremiah 5:3]. “This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the Lord their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.” [Jeremiah 7:28]. What an indictment!

Matthew 11:29-30

There’s no rest in thy confusion,
Good and evil, gold and dross,
But the twain for thee are parted,
Separated at the cross.

In the blessed girding up of our Lord, though it requires a stripping of things the self-life holds dear, in due time we shall discover we have but lost the weight of earthly burdens, and they are no loss at all–we are simply freed to enter into a higher realm, into HIS rest and peace.

Not only do the judgments of God bring rest unto our own soul, but there is another side to this, when we read, “Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.” [Proverbs 29:17]. There is no doubt that we all have experienced seeing those children who torment and pester their parents, causing them much grief with their rebellion and self will. Finally when the parent has endured all he can take, or at least realizes that this has gone on long enough, he steps in with discipline, and all is quieted. The child learns a lesson; and the parent has rest. -Ray Prinzing-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shrewd Manager

Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ALL OF GOD’S JUDGMENTS ARE CORRECTIVE IN NATURE, motivated by His love, and used to work out a divine purpose, into our good, and His praise!

His judgements are invariably:
  • Kolasis (corrective and pruning for to set right) never Timoreisis (punishment for its own sake).
  • Condign, in that the punishment perfectly fits the crime, the measure by which ye judge shall ye be also judged.
  • Salvific, in that Jesus came not to condemn but to save, salvation is the endgame, and God is the saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe.
  • Higher than man's, in that He can destroy the old and raise up new life, as the author of life and Great Physician who deals with the root cause of maladies.
  • True to His nature, His being holy, just, righteous, merciful, gracious, wise, true, faithful, honourable, fatherly, conscientious, omnipotent etc.
What a God He is!

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
His judgements are invariably:
  • Kolasis (corrective and pruning for to set right) never Timoreisis (punishment for its own sake).
  • Condign, in that the punishment perfectly fits the crime, the measure by which ye judge shall ye be also judged.
  • Salvific, in that Jesus came not to condemn but to save, salvation is the endgame, and God is the saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe.
  • Higher than man's, in that He can destroy the old and raise up new life, as the author of life and Great Physician who deals with the root cause of maladies.
  • True to His nature, His being holy, just, righteous, merciful, gracious, wise, true, faithful, honourable, fatherly, conscientious, omnipotent etc.
What a God He is!

Dear Shrewd: What a God our God is!

He is the God of restoration. The middle Name of our Lord Jesus Christ is Lesous. He indeed does tear and break, He will reduce to ashes anything that mars His image in us, but when His work is complete, the Great Physician has performed major surgury of unparelleled proportions.

He heals the broken & the broken hearted: He IS the Great Physician

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Shrewd: What a God our God is!

He is the God of restoration. The middle Name of our Lord Jesus Christ is Lesous. He indeed does tear and break, He will reduce to ashes anything that mars His image in us, but when His work is complete, the Great Physician has performed major surgury of unparelleled proportions.

He heals the broken & the broken hearted: He IS the Great Physician

Yes indeed F.L., for He has created us for blessing not cursing. We're fearfully and wondrously made, and He knows us so much more deeply than we can ever know ourselves. He takes pity on us because He remembers we are dust, and raises us with Christ so that we will all rejoice 'He has done it!' and worship Him in spirit and in truth.

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes indeed F.L., for He has created us for blessing not cursing. We're fearfully and wondrously made, and He knows us so much more deeply than we can ever know ourselves. He takes pity on us because He remembers we are dust, and raises us with Christ so that we will all rejoice 'He has done it!' and worship Him in spirit and in truth.
2 Corinthians 4:5-9
For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A prophetic statement about the prisoners in the realm of the dead whom Jesus was sent to free.

Luke 4:16-21
He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0