People who say "Obey God, and keep his commandments!" And "repent!"...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
People who say "Obey God, and keep his commandments!" And "repent!"... I'm getting very sick and tired of these people, these hypocrites saying this... because, they usually mean "all of the whole entire old testament law covenant" that they do not, and cannot even (possibly) keep...

Then, I'd like to ask them, "Which ones...?" "What law(s)...?" (or covenants, or principles or ordinances)... The ones that are possible to keep...? or the ones that are impossible to keep...?

The laws, covenants, ordinances, and principles of Love, or the "other"...?

Love covers a multitude of sins... And, this means that you can be keeping the laws, principles, covenants and ordinances of Love, and still have some sin issues...

And, "repent!"... "repent" of what...? Most of us who follow the higher laws of love, got into our sin(s) because of our loving hearts...? So, who needs to repent again...?

Comment is invited...

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
People who say "Obey God, and keep his commandments!" And "repent!"... I'm getting very sick and tired of these people, these hypocrites saying this... because, they usually mean "all of the whole entire old testament law covenant" that they do not, and cannot even (possibly) keep...

Then, I'd like to ask them, "Which ones...?" "What law(s)...?" (or covenants, or principles or ordinances)... The ones that are possible to keep...? or the ones that are impossible to keep...?

Love covers a multitude of sins... And, this means that you can be keeping the laws, principles, covenants and ordinances of Love, and still have some sin issues...

And, "repent!"... "repent" of what...? Most of us who follow the higher laws of love, got into our sin(s) because of our loving hearts...? So, who needs to repent again...?

Comment is invited...

God Bless!
I am "obeying God and keeping his commandments", but, many of you would say I am not if I just came out and said that... And, I have "repented", though many of you would say I am not if I just came out and said that... much, much more so than those of you who would say I am not, or would not understand if I just cam out and said that... cause you would see and look at MY SIN and ignore the much greater sin that is you own... Your lack of Love...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am "obeying God and keeping his commandments", but, many of you would say I am not if I just came out and said that... And, I have "repented", though many of you would say I am not if I just came out and said that... much, much more so than those of you who would say I am not, or would not understand if I just cam out and said that... cause you would see and look at MY SIN and ignore the much greater sin that is you own... Your lack of Love...

God Bless!
I have "repented" of leaving the love I had at the start, and went back to, and got it back again... I am "obeying God and keeping his commandments", even though I still have some sin issues...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Now, I know what some of you are going to stubbornly say, that I am saying it's "Ok" to sin, or be sinful, or that I am giving people permission to sin...? But, I am not...

Like Paul, I would have to say "God forbid!" (that I would be saying that or be doing such a thing)... But... if we were to "compare sins", whose would be worse, or otherwise "greater" (sin)...? Those who seem to be sinning more (yet love more or love much) or those who love little, and seem to be (yet are really not) but seem to be sinning less (on the surface)...? And, I'm sick and tired of "my team", or camp, being tortured and tormented and attacked by the other...

I am not giving anyone permission to sin or be sinful, just like Paul wasn't...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When I hear people say what you wrote, I think they mean we should try to abide by those commands--not to commit adultery, not steal, not envy what your neighbor has, honor your parents by your actions and speech, etc. These are "do-able."

However, all of us fall down on something or other from time to time, perhaps by thoughts rather than actions, so it is right that we confess to God that we have sinned but do repent of it and resolve to do better in the future. There is nothing confusing or hypocritical or incomprehensible in any of this.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When I hear people say what you wrote, I think they mean we should try to abide by those commands--not to commit adultery, not steal, not envy what your neighbor has, honor your parents by your actions and speech, etc. These are "do-able."

However, all of us fall down on something or other from time to time, perhaps by thoughts rather than actions, so it is right that we confess to God that we have sinned but do repent of it and resolve to do better in the future. There is nothing confusing or hypocritical or incomprehensible in any of this.
Some people tell other people to do it, some even demanding that others must do this, and quote the scriptures saying it, without any explanation at all of what they mean by it, and I guess I just find that, a little irritating, is all...

Sorry all...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Comment is invited...

God Bless!
By keeping the Lord's commandments, we avoid a lot of serious trouble.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, and I am not saying we should try to keep as many as we can, and I knew that was going to be misunderstood as well...

But "we" keep, "we" do, "self-will" I don't think is the way...? I think there is a better way like obeying love, in it's truest and purest form, that will see more success, many who spray "you must keep the commandments, and obey" are much worse sinners than those that they are saying this to, they just seem to be blind to it, and I find that... very irritating...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
By following Love, I would say, cause I don't think there is really and other way that is not self-deceiving...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, and I am not saying we should try to keep as many as we can, and I knew that was going to be misunderstood as well...

But "we" keep, "we" do, "self-will" I don't think is the way...? I think there is a better way like obeying love, in it's truest and purest form, that will see more success, many who spray "you must keep the commandments, and obey" are much worse sinners than those that they are saying this to, they just seem to be blind to it, and I find that... very irritating...

God Bless!
First, I don't think the list of commandments is terribly long. Second, it is true that it is all about love, but love includes certain disciplines some people are reluctant to recognize. That's why I think the commandments are helpful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cheylynn

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2017
Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comment is invited...

God Bless!
It does not matter what people say, it is what the bible says. You will find the words, 'Obey God', and 'keep his commandments' written throughout the new covenant.

Jesus himself said;

“Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” Luke 11:28

And of course in 1 John you have John saying –

We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for Goda]">[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did

When one receives the Spirit of God, they have Gods laws written in their hearts, and it is not burdensome (or an irritant) to follow them. Hebrews 10:15-16 1 John 5:3

For your interest there were 613 Old covenant laws, and 1050 given in the new covenant.

Repentance is a natural (spiritual) desire that comes when the Spirit of God reveals sin within us. It is a good thing! I am glad to repent and love it when He shows me my sin, through others, in His word or in that quiet place. You say repentance like it is a dirty word! Not so – it is the gift of God, it is the act of our humbleness before Him, and our willingness to turn form self, to Him.

You say that love is the higher law as if to wipe our responsibility in how we live and conduct our lives – to witness Christ. Our life is to testify Him, and that is by keeping and obeying and repenting! Because He is in us – and we naturally follow His commands through our desires to love Him – where we then love one another. We cut off and crucify our flesh – that sins! We don’t argue about hanging on to our sins, and excuse it by rhetoric – under the guise of love!

You then list how you are obeying, and keeping his commandments etc. in one breath and the other claim you are in sin – then point your accusation at anyone who calls you out. You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth dear one and are confusing to try to understand.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
By following Love, I would say, cause I don't think there is really and other way that is not self-deceiving...

God Bless!

I think your looking for some kind of a mystical formula to follow, in that you would then be able to check off things you do and don't do, and by doing so you would be able to know where it is you stand.

When all you need to know is.

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then, I'd like to ask them, "Which ones...?" "What law(s)...?" (or covenants, or principles or ordinances)
The ones forbidding mortal sins, which are: the 10 commandments, (Proverbs 6:16-19), (Romans 1:29-31), (1 Corinthians 6:8-10), (1 Corinthians 5:11), (Colossians 3:5-9), (2 Corinthians 12:20)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In trying not to sin, all too many of us, exchange those sins, for new kinds of sins, that many of us are blind to, that are even more offensive to God, than the sins we originally set out to do away with or not do anymore in the first place...?

Sins, like being puffed up with pride, being egotistical, or arrogant, judgmental, critical and condemning of others, being high and mighty minded, selfish, self-centered, self-assuming, trusting in our own (righteousness, goodness, holiness, ect, ect) our own this, our own that...

I am very careful and cautious and check myself continually, when it comes to these kinds of sins that are most offensive to God...

These are the sins of the Devil, and could be considered sins of or that are directly "against" the spirit of God... You know not what spirit you are of...?

Now, as careful as I am about these, and I know I mess up in them sometimes, from time to time, I know many of the rest of you, are doing them, some of you, all of the time... These are in direct opposition to the spirit of God, and the ones doing them are the true enemies of God...

I asked God about my less spiritual, and more fleshly, sins, and the point of not trying to do them, or keep the law, or trying not to sin, when I might exchange them for even more offensive (to you oh, God) kinds of sins...?

He said, "well, how careful are you...?" I said, "I think very...?" He asked me if I thought that "I" (me personally, not someone else) could keep from doing that or make that mistake...?" I said "I do not know...?" "I am very careful and cautious about them, but I just don't know...?" He said to me "when you figure that out, then proceed or decide accordingly."

Oh, and about being judgmental, critical, or condemning of others...? Whenever you tell someone to "obey God and keep his commandments" and say nothing other than that, or by that, you mean that one must strive to keep the old Law Covenant, and you must find a way to keep it (to another struggling person/christian)... You are being arrogantly judgmental, critical, and you are condemning that person, and stumbling a little one in the faith...

Cause, are you "better" than them...? You must think so, by doing so, or doing that, that is, by pushing them to being in bondage to the law... And not alive by the spirit of God...

God can judge, criticize, and condemn if he so chooses to, but we, cannot, cause he (God) has a/the right to do so, and we (all the rest of us, not God) do not, and therefore, cannot...

However, if forced to, be against or judge the sins most offensive to God, and not the small(er) stuff, if you/we must, that I already aforementioned here...

In any quest not to sin, you need to figure out the point, first of all, and the "why" or what for, or what is your aim or goal, next, and, then, make sure it is pure, and that you'll not be doing what I aforementioned here, after that...

Then, proceed, if you wish, or think you can, if you decide to do so...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... Most of us who follow the higher laws of love, got into our sin(s) because of our loving hearts...? ...

Please explain how that is possible? The love Bible introduces doesn’t seem to have that possibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Please explain how that is possible? The love Bible introduces doesn’t seem to have that possibility.
Before we learn an accurate view of love, or more mature view of love, before we know that our hearts (and tongues) (that comes from the heart) are "treacherously deceitful above all things, who can know (or master) it", and before we learn to "guard our hearts", and keep them (under control) and before we learn self-control... Before that, our hearts can be very nasty and mean spirited sometimes, can you honestly tell me you still do not some little bit of trouble with that sometimes, every once in a while maybe...? A feeling heart, can produce all sorts of injurious things...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It upsets me when people say we have to keep the law to be saved too. Nobody can perfectly keep the law. We are under grace.
I always wonder why the apostles decided not to even teach the law specifically to the gentiles, just told them to abstain from sexual immorality, and idols, and I forget what else, another thing or two also...? But, not the ten commandments and definitely not the entire law covenant... (613, 614? Laws/commands)...

So as not to bring them under bondage, I think the reason was...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I always wonder why the apostles decided not to even teach the law specifically to the gentiles, just told them to abstain from sexual immorality, and idols, and I forget what else, another thing or two also...? But, not the ten commandments and definitely not the entire law covenant... (613, 614? Laws/commands)...

So as not to bring them under bondage, I think the reason was...?

God Bless!

That's right the apostles never taught that we had to keep the law. They kept the law anyway but they never taught that people HAD to. Nor were they able to perfectly keep the law. Only Jesus was able to perfectly keep the law.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is precisely because we are now under grace but not under law that sin should not be a master over us:

For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. (Romans 6:14 NASB)
We were once slaves of sin before we came to know Christ as we had no power over sin. After we are freed by Christ from sin, we now have power over sin by the power of the Holy Spirit, who lives in us.

But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. (Romans 6:22 NASB)

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. (John 15:4 NASB)​

Upvote 0