Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was adding to your post. I think the truth is often used as an excuse to speak ones mind and comes out of pride.

God's truth when spoken from us is spoken out of humility and love. We do not speak it in anger, or condemnation. We speak it out of love and concern.

We don't speak it out of pride or arrogance, we speak it humbly submitted to Him most High. We know we are just as guilty as the greatest sinner, but redeemed through what Christ has done.

We know it isn't about us, but about Him who loves us and He loves whoever we feel called to minister too.

A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger. No one will see Christ through us speaking out of our own wisdom when our actions are contradicting what we say by how we say it.

So I wasn't meaning to detract from your post. Just hoped to add what I felt you hadn't included.
The truth not spoken in love and humility is just a tool for bashing people over the head with. A fruitless one.
It all dépends , as there are people who know when to be gentle and soft, and when it is neccessary to waken up dull minds .I believe not only in the bible for edification ,but there is much that is of God in other works of literature and art .
I find the lack of edification of the world beyond the confines of most evangelicals frankly frustrating ,and flattery is rife .
The truth not spoken in love and humility is just a tool for bashing people over the head with. A fruitless one.
Make sure it is the truth you are after ,and not hiding from it .Flattery is not the truth ,as , if you are seeking to please everyone ,it is a sign that something is not right . That something is being hidden .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't believe the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, the dietary laws, and other ceremonial laws is in effect anymore. Colossians 2:14-17 says that we are not to judge according to Sabbaths. There is no Sabbath command given to us in the New Testament. Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. This means that the old contract is no longer binding and a new contract has replaced it. This new contract is the New Covenant. New priesthood, new rules, etc. Yes, some of the rules have remained the same like the Moral Law (like Do not murder, do not steal, do not covet, etc.). For a Moral Law is any law that you instinctively know to do as a part of doing good without any specific law telling that such a thing is so (See Romans 2:14). The Sabbath Command is not a Moral Law because you would not instinctively know which day to keep a day of rest.

I believe being faithful to the Lord Jesus Christ is a part of the faith. Works of faith is a part of our faith because it shows that we have a true faith (James 2:18). No works of faith and we have a dead faith (James 2:17). A dead faith cannot save anyone; And any or all good works done in a believer's life is the result of abiding in the Lord. Good works is the proof in the pudding that Jesus lives in a person. It's why we are told to examine ourselves if Christ is in us in 2 Corinthians 13:5. The way we can test to see if He abides in us if we find that we are keeping His commandments (See 1 John 2:3-4).
So, what commandments are we keeping if only the Moral Law written in our hearts is the only kind of law at all that applies now...?

And I do not think we can judge another's works or them by their works, that only God can, and that we may not even be able to accurately judge our own selves in that capacity...

I agree with all your other points, and they are some good points...

It is true that we are judged by our works, but I also think it is true that we are not to judge in that regard... That a dead faith, evidenced by works (but to God), will not save you and is not real or true faith cause without any good works is not true or genuine and is dead... But again, I don't think we should judge another in this regard but only tell them the truth about it, (the faith needing works before God) without passing, making or casting any judgments against that person, personally, or specifically...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey jason i really feel heavy on my heart about some things right now but i do apologize once again if i have seem to have offended you with my ego-ness..i will try to speak more gentle towards things next time since most of the time being gentle comes naturally to me but i do want to say one thing, if you declare yourself righteous, maybe you should tried practicing it in a more private matter before displaying it openly.. besides since God is everywhere and sees everything, again theres no need to try to showcase it openly..im.not trying be superior here im just known to express how i feel in blunt a way..and i have spoken the truth in love many of times, since people cut me off and reject what i say, i know and feel sometimes it doesnt always work that way either.. Why say kill someone with kindness , what does that mean ..it must mean being kind to some people can hurt them also if it kills them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anna Therese

May 18, 2018
USA
✟19,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Some people despise the truth, but truth that is sugar-coated isnt truth, and most people accept that kind of truth because even though they can really see with thier eyes and the truth is really not deaf to thier ears, they overlook and reject the real truth and accept the "truth" that is only sweet to thier eyes and ears.. but the truth is without accepting real truth people will always remain blind and never free...

What do you mean by "sugar-coated"? Can you give an example?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hey jason this is getting tired. knowing just God of the bible is what makes us over righteous, but knowing him personally is what helps us understand everything sevenfold. look im really done here.. i dont want to argue any more knowing it only brings the worst out of me, and makes me look like a fool when i am in the presence of the truth everyday being perfected in him..:-/

The God of the Bible is the exact same God as the God of the Spirit, if it's not, it's the written word that you go by because

"...even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse" Galatians 1:8

We may all understand the same words slightly differently because we are in different places in our walk, but it is definitely the same God in writing or in Spirit.

That said, to answer the OP. Truth can be a weapon to hurt as much as it can be used to heal - it depends on how you use it.

What I find shocking about the other day, is the person who needed healing in Christ was ignored by all.. everyone was busy trying to prove a human being could not be forgiven by God, if their sin went "too far" (something apparently quite subjective) instead of sharing how they could trust God to forgive if we but ask.

No. Instead fighting wins.

Just my input. I do hope everyone who is hurt, both in this thread and others heal.. because what matters more than our pride, more than anything, is Christ and sharing Him in love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The God of the Bible is the exact same God as the God of the Spirit, if it's not, it's the written word that you go by because

"...even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse" Galatians 1:8

We may all understand the same words slightly differently because we are in different places in our walk, but it is definitely the same God in writing or in Spirit.

That said, to answer the OP. Truth can be a weapon to hurt as much as it can be used to heal - it depends on how you use it.

What I find shocking about the other day, is the person who needed healing in Christ was ignored by all.. everyone was busy trying to prove a human being could not be forgiven by God, if their sin went "too far" (something apparently quite subjective) instead of sharing how they could trust God to forgive if we but ask.

No. Instead fighting wins.

Just my input. I do hope everyone who is hurt, both in this thread and others heal.. because what matters more than our pride, more than anything, is Christ.

Yes, people hurt others. But we have to care about what God cares about anyway.
yeah I think God gives us a glimpse of who he is in the bible but he also tells us to seek him and when we do we will find him..and i just think he tells us to seek him so when he is found, we will know him more better on a personal level and come into fellowship with him.. i also know Jesus is known for dining with sinners

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yeah I think God gives us a glimpse of who he is in the bible but he also tells us to seek him and when we do we will find him..and i just think he tells us to seek him so when he is found, we will know him more better on a personal level and come into fellowship with him.. i also know Jesus is known for dining with sinners

Just remember sister sometimes it's difficult to see our own faults, but through the mistakes and errors of others we also have the ability to learn what not to do in the future..

It's a different way to get logs out of our eyes so we can see clearly - but it works if you let it..

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, what commandments are we keeping if only the Moral Law written in our hearts is the only kind of law at all that applies now...?

Well, I did not say it was exclusively the Moral Law only that applies now, my friend. You are assuming I said that when I did not say such a thing. We are under any or all commands given to believers within the New Testament (The only command I discovered in my studies so far that we are not under in the New Testament is Matthew 5:24 because it deals with the OT animal sacrifices that does not apply anymore under the New Covenant).

Anyways, here are a couple of source links for commands found in the New Testament (If you are interested):

But make no mistake, the Old Law is no more:

Check out these verses: 2 Corinthians 3:7-11, 2 Corinthians 3:14, Romans 7:4, Romans 7:6, Colossians 2:14, Colossians 2:20-23, Ephesians 2:15, Hebrews 7:18, Hebrews 8:13, Hebrews 9:9-10, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 9:16-17, Hebrews 10:8-9, Matthew 26:27-28, Matthew 27:20-51, Acts of the Apostles 15:1, Acts of the Apostles 15:5, Acts of the Apostles 15:24.

For the Law has changed (See Hebrews 7:12).

You said:
And I do not think we can judge another's works or them by their works, that only God can,

It is true that we are judged by our works, but I also think it is true that we are not to judge in that regard... I don't think we should judge another in this regard but only tell them the truth about it, (the faith needing works before God) without passing, making or casting any judgments against that person, personally, or specifically...

While I do not agree with Gotquestions view on Soteriology (i.e. the Study of Salvation), they do have a really good article on whether or not we can judge wrong behavior or not:

What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?

I mean, if you think about it, to not judge others, this would mean you could not even judge Hitler's wrong actions in killing the Jews. Surely that is not what you believe, is it? So if we can recognize wrong or bad behavior, we should seek to avoid it and encourage other believers to do that which is good instead, right?

You said:
and that we may not even be able to accurately judge our own selves in that capacity...

The Bible says otherwise.

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." (1 Corinthians 11:31).

You said:
...a dead faith, evidenced by works (but to God), will not save you and is not real or true faith cause without any good works is not true or genuine and is dead...

God Bless!

I believe you are saying that a dead faith is any faith that does not have any good works. Would you say that it is possible for even one grievous sin can cause a separation between God and a believer if they do not repent of such a sin (or do you not think that is possible because they have a new regenerated nature)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hey jason i really feel heavy on my heart about some things right now but i do apologize once again if i have seem to have offended you with my ego-ness..i will try to speak more gentle towards things next time since most of the time being gentle comes naturally to me

I am glad you will try.
Making an effort to do what is good and right is always worth it.

but i do want to say one thing, if you declare yourself righteous,

Where did I declare myself to be righteous? Granted, I am not saying I am living unrighteously at the moment of my life, but neither am I declaring myself to be righteous as if I had never sinned before. We have all sinned as a part of our old lives. Many believers even have stumbled in the early walk of their faith before they learned to walk uprightly with God. Anyways, I said that it up to God to decide my heart and life. I seek to obey His commands and I am not going to sugar coat the truth as I heard others teach before by their saying we can disobey God on some level and still be saved.

maybe you should tried practicing it in a more private matter before displaying it openly..

I fail to see how your accusation applies to anything that I have said.
Please show me a post # where you believe I have failed to act righteously in a public way. If you believe I have done so, I would be happy to edit the post and apologize. If you cannot present to me which post # and words specifically I have acted unrighteously then this is simply a false accusation.

You said:
besides since God is everywhere and sees everything, again theres no need to try to showcase it openly..

This is a very cryptic response. I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

You said:
im.not trying be superior here im just known to express how i feel in blunt a way..and i have spoken the truth in love many of times, since people cut me off and reject what i say,

The Bible should line up with what we say in love.
I do not believe you have addressed Titus 2:11-12 for me in what it plainly says.

You said:
i know and feel sometimes it doesnt always work that way either.. Why say kill someone with kindness , what does that mean ..it must mean being kind to some people can hurt them also if it kills them.

I believe the phrase is similar from the one in the Bible.

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head." (Romans 12:20).​

But I would go the extra mile and pray for them so that there is no coals of fire or vengeance done against them but that God would talk to their heart and change it.

Anyways, may God's blessings be upon you
(Even if you disagree with what I say).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I did not say it was exclusively the Moral Law only that applies now, my friend. You are assuming I said that when I did not say such a thing. We are under any or all commands given to believers within the New Testament (The only command I discovered in my studies so far that we are not under in the New Testament is Matthew 5:24 because it deals with the OT animal sacrifices that does not apply anymore under the New Covenant).

Anyways, here are a couple of source links for commands found in the New Testament (If you are interested):

Do or should we dutifully follow and thereby try to obey in our own strength, a written set of written down commands, or should we follow what we think or believe what right or wrong is from our hearts or conscience... BTW, may I remind you that there is always a exception and exceptions to every written rule, law, code, or command, inherently exposing the flaw and imperfection in the "written law" as the Bible puts it... It therefore being imperfect cannot make anyone else perfect either... True Justice is and exercise in exceptions, or becoming perfectly all knowing of all and any exceptions, but, make no mistake there are always exceptions... And our conscience tells us about the exceptions...

But make no mistake, the Old Law is no more:

Check out these verses: 2 Corinthians 3:7-11, 2 Corinthians 3:14, Romans 7:4, Romans 7:6, Colossians 2:14, Colossians 2:20-23, Ephesians 2:15, Hebrews 7:18, Hebrews 8:13, Hebrews 9:9-10, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 9:16-17, Hebrews 10:8-9, Matthew 26:27-28, Matthew 27:20-51, Acts of the Apostles 15:1, Acts of the Apostles 15:5, Acts of the Apostles 15:24.

For the Law has changed (See Hebrews 7:12).

While I do not agree with Gotquestions view on Soteriology (i.e. the Study of Salvation), they do have a really good article on whether or not we can judge wrong behavior or not:

What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?

I mean, if you think about it, to not judge others, this would mean you could not even judge Hitler's wrong actions in killing the Jews. Surely that is not what you believe, is it? So if we can recognize wrong or bad behavior, we should seek to avoid it and encourage other believers to do that which is good instead, right?

Encourage yes, but not judge, or try to evaluate them for ourselves, we should let them do that or them tell us about that, and that's what I call waiting for an open door, then offer our "opinion" (not fact) humbly and gently and in love...

There is a such thing as having to act without judging... We should pity Hitler and those like him and his followers and the whole damn thing, all that happened, with the Jews and others, and the war, and what he forced our (America's) hand into doing... But we have to know we did have to do it and that he basically made us do it to him (Hitler)... If anything we should be angry with him about that...

The Bible says otherwise.

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." (1 Corinthians 11:31).

Do we accurately judge ourselves though (correctly evaluate ourselves)...?, Or is only, in so doing, even if it is flawed or imperfect, in the the trying to do of it (judge, or correctly evaluate) ourselves, just in the doing of it, then God does not judge you when you do, or at least try, and there might be something to be gained in the trying, IDK...?

But, we should not judge others but be ready to take action against certain others under certain circumstances and if and when necessary...

And I was talking about us trying to judge if were better than someone else, or whether another person is for sure going to heaven or hell, based on each others works, only God can do that...

I believe you are saying that a dead faith is any faith that does not have any good works.

Yes, I am...

Unselfish, non-self serving works must be a part of true genuine faith, or it's just not true, genuine, real faith... Then that leads off into my point about us judging one another and comparing ourselves to one another based on this, ect...

Would you say that it is possible for even one grievous sin can cause a separation between God and a believer if they do not repent of such a sin (or do you not think that is possible because they have a new regenerated nature)?

Some sin can make it feel that way, but it can cause problems in all kinds of other ways... But I have discovered that God is no more close, or distant, than he's ever been in my life, which is very close for me, regardless of what my sins was or were, he loved me from the time I was born and even in my many sins I used to have and do... Cause some of that has changed now (mys sins) but not all of it/them yet, not completely...

The list of all of the problems sin can and does cause goes on forever, but It never really did separate me from God, I just thought and felt that is was, or did...

God Bless! Jason...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just remember sister sometimes it's difficult to see our own faults, but through the mistakes and errors of others we also have the ability to learn what not to do in the future..

It's a different way to get logs out of our eyes so we can see clearly - but it works if you let it..
So many times in seeing sin in others I find my own sin.

Even with advice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So many times in seeing sin in others I find my own sin.

Even with advice.
I often find that when I see sin in others, Im actually only seeing the sin i have in myself projected on the others. When I remove the sin from myself, I no longer see it in others. Therefore those I once perceived as a enemy attacking, now becomes one who is only helping me to reach a higher height in the Lord......or a footstool, if you will......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know right?

Been there a LOT myself, unsure if the Holy Spirit is speaking to me or through me.

Like you I do the same thing, I figure hey regardless it was good stuff may as well share it and be hopeful!

Although my husband disagrees.. he tells me if God doesnt tell us to say something specifically then it's just for us and we shouldn't say it to others..

But I find that thought strange, because it puts everything we say on the same level as prophecy - and I'm not sure that's right. I most certainly don't feel like a prophet, I'm just me..

It's likely way off topic for this thread though but it is a curiosity point. What on earth are we, as followers of Christ when we speak what we hear from the Spirit?

But yeah.. totally understand!
Maybe not a prophet but a vessel. I often don't know when I am following the Lord's will. It is only after a day when things have worked out in a series of coincidental blessings for me to then realise it must have been.

For example. I accompanied a friend to the hospital for a scary appt. She told me on the way that she no longer feared, that it was in God's will whatever would happen while in a taxi.

It is very expensive so when she had good news I said we should get the bus home. She had anxiety about busses back then, but she agreed. I only had 7 pound coins. I accidentally bought a group ticket for 5 people instead of two singles. Which might have been a little cheaper. But it wouldn't have mattered. I for some odd reason just had the exact fare and no other cash. On the bus we had a phonecall. My friends cousin had been arrested and was to go to court. We were asked to go and check on her. We got to the court while she was seeing the judge and was getting released. (The odds on that were like 1 in 600 i think) We were able to pick her up. I mentioned the time coincidence and said someone was looking out for her. She actually looked up and thanked God. She hasn't given her life to the Lord yet but has became better behaved. I hope that seed gets watered one say.

But it wasn't until I got home and considered everything did I realise that He'd prepared everything in advance. Even the change in my purse so she could get on the bus with us without there being any embarassment of us providing her with a ticket on top of the fact she was in pyjamas.

(Which some random neighbour who she didn't know had bought for her and handed them in).

I almost never know until later when the Lord has used me, I probably only know a small fraction. It is a good thing too or pride would be even more troublesome for me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Some people despise the truth, but truth that is sugar-coated isnt truth, and most people accept that kind of truth because even though they can really see with thier eyes and the truth is really not deaf to thier ears, they overlook and reject the real truth and accept the "truth" that is only sweet to thier eyes and ears.. but the truth is without accepting real truth people will always remain blind and never free...

I discovered a lot of people like this!

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe not a prophet but a vessel. I often don't know when I am following the Lord's will. It is only after a day when things have worked out in a series of coincidental blessings for me to then realise it must have been.

For example. I accompanied a friend to the hospital for a scary appt. She told me on the way that she no longer feared, that it was in God's will whatever would happen while in a taxi.

It is very expensive so when she had good news I said we should get the bus home. She had anxiety about busses back then, but she agreed. I only had 7 pound coins. I accidentally bought a group ticket for 5 people instead of two singles. Which might have been a little cheaper. But it wouldn't have mattered. I for some odd reason just had the exact fare and no other cash. On the bus we had a phonecall. My friends cousin had been arrested and was to go to court. We were asked to go and check on her. We got to the court while she was seeing the judge and was getting released. (The odds on that were like 1 in 600 i think) We were able to pick her up. I mentioned the time coincidence and said someone was looking out for her. She actually looked up and thanked God. She hasn't given her life to the Lord yet but has became better behaved. I hope that seed gets watered one say.

But it wasn't until I got home and considered everything did I realise that He'd prepared everything in advance. Even the change in my purse so she could get on the bus with us without there being any embarassment of us providing her with a ticket on top of the fact she was in pyjamas.

(Which some random neighbour who she didn't know had bought for her and handed them in).

I almost never know until later when the Lord has used me, I probably only know a small fraction. It is a good thing too or pride would be even more troublesome for me.

That's awesome! Praise God!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, I am...

Unselfish, non-self serving works must be a part of true genuine faith, or it's just not true, genuine, real faith... Then that leads off into my point about us judging one another and comparing ourselves to one another based on this, ect...
Un-self-serving acts, or un-self-beneficial acts that benefit only others, or at the very least, the benefit is for others "more than" your own self, at the very least, but I recommend it not be about you at all, but...?

This narrows the field of those doing good and good acts IMO, some "have to" do it, cause they need it for themselves, and that is more why, with some, than it is for actually benefiting or helping others, but hey, if they are helping others, at least, or hopefully, they are still truly helping others regardless, and that may count in someones book, IDK...?

But it may be that any of those acts not done out of 100% non-self serving reasons, may be as filthy rags to him...

God Bless!

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At 1st I didn't understand just what TRUTH you were talking about. I knew it was about Christ yet.. there was something else you werent saying at 1st. Nothing wrong with that.

We live in a fallen world. HOW Christ is COMING the 2nd time is NOT now. One day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. So.. did He come just over 2 thousand years ago or just over two days ago? Is heaven where there is no time.. are they STILL rejoicing that Christ came died rose PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS!

We are not of this world. Ambassadors… this is not our home. We are not here as it is written to please man but our Father of our lord Yeshua(Jesus) Christ. All that being said He never uses fear. He can not will not in any way tip the balance. We in this life MUST make that choice to believe. That is how we walk.. not by flesh. Not by what we see hear feel. Faith..it is the ONLY way to please Him. We like our Farther call those things that be not as though they were. Those THINGS MUST agree with come inline with the word. ALL of this ties in..

Truth.. Christ came and did WOW so many wonders. One day ALL after being around Him left..He looks at the 12 will you leave me also? Peter.. where will we go? "Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

Murder.. No one could take His life. Its was His to give freely. This was the plan before the world was. And before He died.. Father forgive them for they know not what they do. So.. we ALL fall under "none righteous no not one".

Its how you LOOK at all this. Through the eyes of man and get really upset sick hurt what have you at all the injustice and what not. Or through HIS eyes. He is not a man.. nor does He think like one. He told us WHY He came and that has NEVER changed. WHY did He come? See through His eyes.. through FAITH..see all the GOOD in them 1st. Take Israel.. WOW since ADAM and EVE look how HIS children His creation has treated Him. HES STILL HERE! He paints a most wonderful beautiful hurtful picture where His love..His wife goes back to selling her self. A line is in front of her. He goes back..stands in line and buys her back. Christ...looking at them..how many times have I wanted to gather you under my arms like a hen gathers her chicks...

NOT to boast.. I prayed since I was "12-16" to see people through His eyes. 15 years later.. YEAH long time hello GOD lol. But He answered it. All I will say is ...not one person as He was crying so very hard..not one person saved lost KNOWS how much He loves this world.

Yes the day is coming with FIRE in His eyes...NEVER use that AGAINST His creation.. HIS children.. there not mine..not my kids. I think I didn't really HIT on what you were talking about.. but EYES..SIGHT..FEELINGS...we walk by faith. And what does not get talked about is ALL the WONDERS the Father is doing RIGHT NOW. Its MORE then ALL the evil.. how can the Children of LIGHT see so much darkness 1st. How can we not see the good in the most evil 1st..WHAT is it we are REALLY trying to look at 1st? What we PERSONALLY don't like or what HE sees..

We DIE each day so HE not us.. not how we feel think see hear but to let HIM live. There comes a time for RIGHTEOUS anger....you will know that you know that you know.. NOW is the time to speak..

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do or should we dutifully follow and thereby try to obey in our own strength, a written set of written down commands, or should we follow what we think or believe what right or wrong is from our hearts or conscience... BTW,

First, as I told you before, nobody can obey God without the Lord (See John 15:5).
But while God can do the good work through us (so as to obey His commandments), He does not force us to do His good will. We actually have to surrender to the Lord and decide to obey Him. We have to study to show ourselves approved unto God. God is not going to study His Word for us and God is not going to obey for us.

Second, Jesus said to the rich young ruler,
"If you will enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17).

The rich young ruler asked,
"Which ones?"

Jesus said,
"Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. " (Matthew 19:18-19).

Did Jesus say not to worry about the commands and just follow your conscience?

No.

The Bible says,

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12).

If what you say is true, then all the commands in the New Testament are just useless background noise or useless old newspapers to be burned and we should just follow our conscience instead.

may I remind you that there is always a exception and exceptions to every written rule, law, code, or command, inherently exposing the flaw and imperfection in the "written law" as the Bible puts it...

Let's read the part of the Bible that you are alluding to.

"For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God." (Hebrews 7:19).​

Is this talking about Law in general or the Law of Moses from the Old Covenant?

Verse 5 says,

"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law,..." (Hebrews 7:5).​

Are the Levites who receive office of the priesthood and who have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the Law talking about the commands given to us by Jesus and His followers or is this talking about the 613 laws within the Law of Moses under the Old Covenant?

Surely it is talking about the Old Law and not the New Law under Christ.

As for exceptions of the Law:

So is there an exceptions to prostitution, hurting children, axe murdering, idolatry, loving God, loving the brethren, etc.?

Do you really honestly think there are exceptions to these kinds of sins?

God put His commands in the Bible for a reason and not for you to ignore them or to treat them as unimportant. They are essential to the faith.

1 John 3:23 is a command that tells you to believe on Jesus.
Is there an exception to this command?

Surely not.

You said:
It therefore being imperfect cannot make anyone else perfect either... True Justice is and exercise in exceptions, or becoming perfectly all knowing of all and any exceptions, but, make no mistake there are always exceptions... And our conscience tells us about the exceptions...

The Old Law made nothing perfect. This is not talking about the commands that are a part of the faith under the New Covenant. Hebrews 10 talks about those who died who despised Moses Law. So while the Old Law made nothing perfect, people could still die by disobeying the Law. Hebrews 10:26 says if we willfully sin after we receive the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sin.

6 "Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did.
7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.”
8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.
9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes.
10 And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel." (1 Corinthians 10:6-10).

You said:
Encourage yes, but not judge, or try to evaluate them for ourselves, we should let them do that or them tell us about that, and that's what I call waiting for an open door, then offer our "opinion" (not fact) humbly and gently and in love...

You are judging now by telling me it is wrong for me to judge. That is like the pot calling the kettle black. If you do not believe it is right to judge at all, then you cannot say anything in opposition of what you feel is wrong; Nor can you admit to seeing evils done in the world as being evils. If a serial killer does horrible unimaginative evils to kids.... Would you honestly say that you cannot judge that kind of evil he does and you would refuse to say it is wrong?

You said:
There is a such thing as having to act without judging... We should pity Hitler and those like him and his followers and the whole damn thing, all that happened, with the Jews and others, and the war, and what he forced our (America's) hand into doing... But we have to know we did have to do it and that he basically made us do it to him (Hitler)... If anything we should be angry with him about that...

Why pity and get angry at Hitler if you do not think we can judge?
You cannot judge Hitler's actions because you said that it is not our place to judge.

You said:
Do we accurately judge ourselves though (correctly evaluate ourselves)...?, Or is only, in so doing, even if it is flawed or imperfect, in the the trying to do of it (judge, or correctly evaluate) ourselves, just in the doing of it, then God does not judge you when you do, or at least try, and there might be something to be gained in the trying, IDK...?

If we ask God for help in judging ourselves and in having the fear of the Lord, then God will help us with that because it is in line with His Word.

You said:
But, we should not judge others but be ready to take action against certain others under certain circumstances and if and when necessary...

You cannot take action against others without judging their evils. If there was no judgment upon evil then there would be no police, judicial system, etc. keeping the peace. People could commit crimes and not worry about any punishment. Laws (along with law enforcement) are put into place to keep a peaceful society. Judging goes along with that.

You said:
And I was talking about us trying to judge if were better than someone else, or whether another person is for sure going to heaven or hell, based on each others works, only God can do that...

We do not know the final fate of a person. A person can repent five seconds after we stopped talking to them. We do not know what people will do. But it is our job as believers to not sugarcoat the truth in what God's Word says.

The warnings in the Bible on how sin can separate a believer are very real.
We as believers have to let our fellow brethren know the dangers of sin and how it can destroy their souls; Or don't you think a believer cannot fall away from the faith?

You said:
Yes, I am...

Unselfish, non-self serving works must be a part of true genuine faith, or it's just not true, genuine, real faith...

Glad we can agree on this point.

You said:
Then that leads off into my point about us judging one another and comparing ourselves to one another based on this, ect...

I believe your thinking that we cannot judge is flawed. Try doing a study on this topic in the Bible sometime (from an unbiased viewpoint) and it will surprise you.

Some sin can make it feel that way, but it can cause problems in all kinds of other ways... But I have discovered that God is no more close, or distant, than he's ever been in my life, which is very close for me, regardless of what my sins was or were,

Yeah, I don't believe that is biblical.

You said:
God Bless! Jason...

Anyways, may God bless you, too;
And may His goodness be upon you (even if we disagree).

Last edited:
Upvote 0