People dont like the truth

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
whoa whoa whoa Jason see i had forgiven you and apologize but righteous ot not if someone comes in my thread calling me out for something they have no idea about i will ignite that fire in me and burn you up with my response. First of all Jesus said its not the healthy who needs a doctor its the sick so Jesus didnt come to save the righteous, he came to save sinners and we are all sinners and if you arent one now just know you were still one before..and until someone abide in Christ and become perfected in him and his love to the fullness no one is declared perfect esp. in thier own eyes..so stop trying to act like you are more righteous then me just because i swore about something in another thread. to be honest i dont care what people do..and who am to tell other people to live thier lives.. hey im just saying a person appearing over my righeous not only looks like a fool but they sound like a fool..lol and i know i am not perfect, i am a flawed human being with emotions..but i know as long as i stay abided in Jesus can be perfected in him and his love while doing that i know Jesus is loving enough to forgive me for that mistake and help me to continue abide in him. like i said we arent perfect yet but we are still forgiven in him during the process..and unless God gave you a glimpse in my heart and life you dont know what the heck you are talking about..

I have a right to stand up for the truth of what God's Word says. All Scripture is profitable for doctrine, correction, and instruction in righteousness (See 2 Timothy 3:16-17). When you speak about how people do not like the truth, you are absolutely 100% right. But you don't agree with Titus 2:11-12 in what it says. You are speaking against what it says even now. For the grace of God teaches us to deny ungodliness and they we should live righteously in this present world. You are saying something different than Titus 2:11-12 and other verses. Do you care to discuss Scripture or are you trying to make this about you and me? In the end, we will all have to face God and I do not see anywhere in Scripture where we will be judged by having a belief alone on Him for salvation. Time and time again, Scripture says we will be judged by our works. We can potentially be condemned even by your own words (Myself included) (See Matthew 12:37). I am not above God's Word anymore than you are. That is what this is about. Truth. The truth of ALL of God's Word. Do you accept it, or do you reject it? For folks like to accept those parts they want to hear, but they do not want to hear all of what the Bible says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can only by the Grace of God, and only by his work (his will, effort, strength) in us and not in our own work (or will, effort, or strength), for that is the only real true way, to be truly righteous... and not this false righteousness and false sense of righteousness that many still have...

I think it's possible for us to live righteously, (or live, be, and do right) only with and by all of God, and none of us, basically... And note I said "possible" for not many do, or even can, saying nothing of the ones who are deceived into thinking they can or do or have in their own strength, when it is the false, actually anti-true righteousness I am talking about...

God Bless!

Yes, I 100% agree that we cannot live righteously without God or His grace. I never suggested otherwise. Jesus says we can do nothing without Him (John 15:5). But many today turn God's grace into a license for immorality and they minimize the importance in working out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, I 100% agree that we cannot live righteously without God or His grace. I never suggested otherwise. Jesus says we can do nothing without Him (John 15:5). But many today turn God's grace into a license for immorality and they minimize the importance in working out our salvation with fear and trembling.
I agree no true real Christian turns God's Grace into a license to sin, and that can be a problem with some people and some only one sided preaching messages about Grace...

But, the true ones will not turn God's Grace into a license or sin, or use as a permission and/or excuse to or for their sin...

And the importance of a little bit of healthy kind of fear at the start, is oftentimes overlooked as well, and is thought of and taught by many that all fear is a bad thing...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
no Jason i didnt make this a you and me thing , you did for bringing up something i did a fews days ago, i hardly curse..to be honest i dont curse at all, the reason i posted that swear word is because of what someone said, so i felt like posting helps me and teaches me no matter what i post bad or good, i can still be forgiven by God and realize i need not worry about what i posted because Jesus knows i am a flawed person who is still capable of making mistake.. Jesus wants us to come as we are so how can one allready be perfect in Christ when we arent perfect when we go to him.. we abide and grow in him he works in us and his love and we become perfected in him making less mistakes until we reach the fullness of him. or atleast thats how i am expriencing it..and besides i did edited my posts and that bad word..so whatever.. i really dont have time for this..it leads to nothing..

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The way the Bible describes pride is not a good thing and it should not be a part of a believer's life generally speaking. So I do not agree that it is a normal thing for believers to have this as a part of their every day walk with God.

For here is what the Bible says about pride:

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16:18).

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." (1 John 2:16).

"Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil." (1 Timothy 3:6).

21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man." (Mark 7:21-23).

"The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee,..." (Obadiah 1:3).

"A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit." (Proverbs 29:23).

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate." (Proverbs 8:13).

"The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts." (Psalms 10:4).
I struggle with pride. Externally, people might think I am humble. I possibly am in the world's view of pride. However, it is constantly revealed to me that I still am prone to more of it. Even my self-sufficiency, my proneness to being shy is pride. Because if I worry about how I come across to someone it is pride. If I am wounded by a criticism, or feel like someone has gorgotten me. That is pride. To think I am right, even if I am, without considering the opposing view is pride.

To feel sorry for myself when hurt is pride. Pride to me is when self gets in the way of loving others. But I feel that my definition is too broad for a proportion of others to understand as the word means sometjing else to most.

My definition might not be correct. But it is something I'm being taught (through life and the Lord guiding me through it) and taking a long time to learn.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no Jason i didnt make this a you and me thing , you did for bringing up something i did a fews days ago, i hardly curse..to be honest i dont curse at all, the reason i posted that swear word is because of what someone said, so i felt like posting helps me and teaches me no matter what i post bad or good, i can still be forgiven by God and realize i need not worry about what i posted because Jesus knows i am a flawed person who is still capable of making mistake.. Jesus wants us to come as we are so how can one allready be perfect in Christ when we arent perfect when we go to him.. we abide and grow in him he works in us and his love and we become perfected in him making less mistakes until we reach the fullness of him. or atleast thats how i am expriencing it..and besides i did edited my posts and that bad word..so whatever.. i really dont have time for this..it leads to nothing..

We will be held accountable at a judgment for every idle word we speak. We can even be condemned by our words (Matthew 12:37). So no, we cannot just speak bad and good words as we please. It is not what the Bible teaches.

I also cannot condone bad behavior in the cloak of saying one is flawed, either. While you may not have intended to do anything wrong, I cannot as a believer hold to the view that this should be way of life for a believer. The Bible says,

"For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness."
(1 Thessalonians 4:7).

The Bible says,

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;" (Romans 1:18).​

We as believers cannot hold to the truth while holding on to any unrighteousness (if you believe we can be unrighteous and still hold to the truth).

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I struggle with pride. Externally, people might think I am humble. I possibly am in the world's view of pride. However, it is constantly revealed to me that I still am prone to more of it. Even my self-sufficiency, my proneness to being shy is pride. Because if I worry about how I come across to someone it is pride. If I am wounded by a criticism, or feel like someone has gorgotten me. That is pride. To think I am right, even if I am, without considering the opposing view is pride.

To feel sorry for myself when hurt is pride. Pride to me is when self gets in the way of loving others. But I feel that my definition is too broad for a proportion of others to understand as the word means sometjing else to most.

My definition might not be correct. But it is something I'm being taught (through life) and taking a long time to learn.
I do understand brother, it is not easy to stay on the straight and narrow, especially with something like pride, and I agree with your broader term definition, as I have come, thorough much learning and experience, to come to the same broader term definition about pride as well, it's all a tightrope and balancing act for sure...

And I have many other much broader term definitions about the moral law or each of the Ten Commandments as well, that many will or do not accept, and say it's not meant to mean that, or be that broad or near all-encompassing, when I think it is...

This may be something people like me and like @Jason0047 disagree on, IDK...?

And works into both of our thinking about the ability of one to keep the commandments or not, and causes us to disagree...

Who's right, I honestly don't know at this point, I just know that I see them (God's Commands) as being broader and more all-encompassing than many of them do...

I'm not perfect, but I'm getting better now everyday I feel, and now, it's all because of God and not me now...

God Bless!

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
na to feel sorry for oneself when hurt isnt pride, its pity..lol
But it comes out of pride sometimes. If it wasn't for pride I wouldn't have felt an offense. It is a signal that I'm walking in the flesh.

When the fruit of the spirit (see signature for the list) is evident in my thoughts there is little room for hurt feelings. Instead, it is compassion for the person who criticised and eagerness to serve others instead of wanting to nurse the hurt, which wouldn't be there otherwise.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do understand brother, it is not easy to stay on the straight and narrow, especially with something like pride, and I agree with your broader term definition, as I have come, thorough much learning and experience, to come to the same broader term definition about pride as well, it's all a tightrope and balancing act for sure...

And I have many other much broader term definitions about the moral law or each of the Ten Commandments as well, that many will or do not accept, and say it's not meant to mean that, or be that broad or near all-encompassing, when I think it is...

And works into both of our thinking about the ability of one to keep the commandments or not, and causes us to disagree...

Who's right, I honestly don't know at this point, I just know that I see them (God's Commands) as being broader and more all-encompassing than many of them do...

I'm not perfect, but I'm getting better now everyday I feel, and now, it's all because of God and not me now...

God Bless!
(Sister not a brother :) )

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
na to feel sorry for oneself when hurt isnt pride, its pity..lol
Pity is something one feels for for another, and is like sympathy, or empathy, when you feel pity for your own self, it's called "self-pity" and is almost always connected to a pride issue, when you get down to it...

The reason you are usually hurt in the first place is because most often and most of the time you bring it upon yourself, some are even actually physiologically addicted to the feeling or emotions involved and the chemicals involved, and don't even know it, and cause it and do it on purpose also oftentimes without knowing it...

It's a very miserable person indeed who is addicted to misery...

Just my observations from experience...

God Bless!

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey jason this is getting tired. knowing just God of the bible is what makes us over righteous, but knowing him personally is what helps us understand everything sevenfold. look im really done here.. i dont want to argue any more knowing it only brings the worst out of me, and makes me look like a fool when i am in the presence of the truth everyday being perfected in him..:-/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey jason this is getting tired. knowing just the God of the bible it what makes us over righteous, but knowing him personally is what helps us understand things sevenfold. look im really done here.. i dont want to argue any more knowing it only brings the worst out of me, and makes me look like a fool when i am in the presence of the truth everyday.and this time in.my life being perfected in Christ...:-/

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

My definition might not be correct. But it is something I'm being taught (through life and the Lord guiding me through it) and taking a long time to learn.

It is awesome that you examine yourself.
All believers need to do this.
In fact, the Bible tells us that we are to examine ourselves (2 Corinthians 13:5).

As for self sufficiency: To get away from this, it is good that we thank God for everything that we have and admit that we are nothing without Him. One can pray this over dinner in the privacy of their own home with one's spouse, or family, or after waking up in morning, etc. Make a list of things that God does for you according to His Word. Pray for every action you take in everything you do.

As for being shy: I think that has more to do with being afraid of what others may say or do in regards to your thoughts. I don't see that as pride unless you think you are better than other people. Jesus says we are to ultimately fear Him and we are not to fear what man can do to us (Matthew 10:28). I also do not think there is nothing wrong with being as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves. Even Jesus did not reveal all truth to everyone during His Earthly ministry. Jesus spoke in parables, and did not tell everyone He was God in the flesh.

As for being wounded by a criticism: Um, well, if the criticism is said with a lack of love and or if it is untrue, then it is not wrong to feel wronged (As long as we forgive them). However, our response should be to pray and love the other person in return even if they may come across like an enemy to us. Jesus says we are to pray and do good towards our enemies. Good criticism will lead us to repent to the Lord Jesus Christ over our wrongful actions.

As for being forgotten:

I cannot say this has been a problem for me. Focus on loving others and their needs and focus more on God's Word so that it does not leave you any amount of time to think about those who have appeared to have forgotten you. Pray to God to bring new Christian friends into your life as a replacement for the empty time.

I hope this helps;
And may God bless you this fine day that the Lord has made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hey jason this is getting tired. knowing just the God of the bible it what makes us over righteous, but knowing him personally is what helps us understand things sevenfold. look im really done here.. i dont want to argue any more knowing it only brings the worst out of me, and makes me look like a fool when i am in the presence of the truth everyday.and this time in.my life being perfected in Christ...:-/

Everyone has their own definition on what perfected in Christ (or to be perfect) means. Unfortunately (90% of the time) it is not the Biblical version.

Anyways, I understand that you don't want to discuss this any longer, if that is the case, may God's love and goodness be upon you (even if we may disagree strongly on this matter).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

I don't believe the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, the dietary laws, and other ceremonial laws is in effect anymore. Colossians 2:14-17 says that we are not to judge according to Sabbaths. There is no Sabbath command given to us in the New Testament. Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. This means that the old contract is no longer binding and a new contract has replaced it. This new contract is the New Covenant. New priesthood, new rules, etc. Yes, some of the rules have remained the same like the Moral Law (like Do not murder, do not steal, do not covet, etc.). For a Moral Law is any law that you instinctively know to do as a part of doing good without any specific law telling that such a thing is so (See Romans 2:14). The Sabbath Command is not a Moral Law because you would not instinctively know which day to keep a day of rest.

I believe being faithful to the Lord Jesus Christ is a part of the faith. Works of faith is a part of our faith because it shows that we have a true faith (James 2:18). No works of faith and we have a dead faith (James 2:17). A dead faith cannot save anyone; And any or all good works done in a believer's life is the result of abiding in the Lord. Good works is the proof in the pudding that Jesus lives in a person. It's why we are told to examine ourselves if Christ is in us in 2 Corinthians 13:5. The way we can test to see if He abides in us if we find that we are keeping His commandments (See 1 John 2:3-4).

Last edited:
Upvote 0