Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course, and it should be done with a mind towards who we are in Christ. It should be done out of compassion and concern, rather than as us being judges and indignant. There are a wealth of verses warning us of this.

Hopefully those that would tell others truth would also recognize the truth about themselves. Assaulting others with a piece of the truth is always uncalled for.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully those that would tell others truth would also recognize the truth about themselves. Assaulting others with a piece of the truth is always uncalled for.
The amount of times I have felt moved and been given the correct words to say and then found that the words applied to myself agrees with your first sentence. Then I follow the advice given to me to say and my stumbling blocks are removed. Which leaves me in awe of our Lord Almighty. Sometimes, we seem to listen better when it is to give help to another and then notice our own condition through loving another.

Matthew 7:5 (Happens in reverse sometimes, of which I am grateful. I'll see others troubles and find the solution to my own.)

Yes, it is always uncalled for. But how many of us can say truthfully that we have never done it? If only we had reverance enough to always minister truth with clean hands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yea but can you show me whats so unloving and untactful about my posts?
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the subject of truth not being sugercoated, the theme of the thread.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the subject of truth not being sugercoated.
well from what i can see your posts seem relevant in to response to this thread i made and what i posted in itself and if that isnt your intention, i do apologize however from what i can see and feel in my instincts it looks like and feels like you are implying what you said directly at me atleast a bit...

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
unless i am on a podium with a microphone and you can hear my voice and see my reactions, or see me behind the internet. how in the heck can you tell or assume what i said was posted out of love or not..
I haven't. ???

You posted about the fact the truth shouldn't be sugarcoated.

I posted that while the truth should be delivered, it should be delivered meekly, non judgementally and in love.

Not once did I say that you do not do that. Neither have I said that you have been unloving. I answered your thread on a subject you have opened.

EDIT: If you read my signature you will see that I am putting into your thread the values I hold dear to my Christian walk. I'm saying those must also be in this non sugarcoated truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Truth - a relative term

Do you know that truth is relative to something else?
So what I write here is relative to english, to our culture, to our understanding,
to our experience, to our assumptions, to our way of looking and approaching things.

Even deeper truth is relative to the order in which we receive it and process it.
Truth changes us, one concept or issue at a time.

We do not realise but truth is what defines our lives and how we react to it.
We are in a sense slaves to it, which is why we spend 15years + in education
learning truth and how the world is defined. This defines our culture our outlooks,
our way of doing society.

So people do not like truth that upsets their framework of the world.
If the truth disturbs very little, they are fine, as the cost is low.
If truth means they will die, it is something one had to consider carefully.

So the truth about truth, is not people dislike truth, it is about the impact and
implications truth will have on them which rightly they are wary of.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people despise the truth, but truth that is sugar-coated isnt truth, and most people accept that kind of truth because even though they can really see with thier eyes and the truth is really not deaf to thier ears, they overlook and reject the real truth and accept the "truth" that is only sweet to thier eyes and ears.. but the truth is without accepting real truth people will always remain blind and never free

Beautifully said, the truth is often scary. It causes people to realize that there is a God that they and every action that they take will have repercussions. The most of the Bible is one of redemption, the restoration of mankind to its right place, but it also contains a message of a coming judgement that all will have to stand before. It is Mercy and judgment, it is compassion and condemnation, it is love and Justice.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OP ... what truth do you refer to?

Politics?

Or the truth given by God?
They are not the same thing at all.
well anything that is of truth is of God because God is the foundation of truth so whether we lie or tell the truth to someone it doesnt matter what form it takes if lying to someone and not telling them the truth is still consider a sin in Gods eyes ..the devil is the foundation of and beginning of all lies..in and this world thats why there are so many different "truths".. Truth is truth and God is the foundation of all truth and the truth and saying and doing all truths in itself...so anything we do or say untrue goes against God and still fit the truth in itself to still fall into the catagory of God's teachings and what makes his teachings true.and i am not making this on a political standpoint because to be honest i hate politics..lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Beautifully said, the truth is often scary. It causes people to realize that there is a God that they and every action that they take will have repercussions. The most of the Bible is one of redemption, the restoration of mankind to its right place, but it also contains a message of a coming judgement that all will have to stand before. It is Mercy and judgment, it is compassion and condemnation, it is love and Justice.
well like i said Jesus said hes not coming to bring peace, hes coming back with a sword..followed with an army

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't. ???

You posted about the fact the truth shouldn't be sugarcoated.

I posted that while the truth should be delivered, it should be delivered meekly, non judgementally and in love.

Not once did I say that you do not do that. Neither have I said that you have been unloving. I answered your thread on a subject you have opened.

EDIT: If you read my signature you will see that I am putting into your thread the values I hold dear to my Christian walk. I'm saying those must also be in this non sugarcoated truth.
hey its ok...lol relax..what you said was very informative. so its all good

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people despise the truth, but truth that is sugar-coated isnt truth, and most people accept that kind of truth because even though they can really see with thier eyes and the truth is really not deaf to thier ears, they overlook and reject the real truth and accept the "truth" that is only sweet to thier eyes and ears.. but the truth is without accepting real truth people will always remain blind and never free...
The truth never hurts. What hurts is the realization of the error one has believed.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is "truth?" and how does one know they possess it? And if one doesn't possess it...how can they say whether or not someone else is speaking it?

Truth sets free, sin binds.......Bondage is upsetting....not being set free. One who leaves the prison, is usually happier than the one who is about to go in.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Seun

Jul 11, 2018
Midwest
✟34,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The scary thing about not having the truth is the person might not know they don’t have it. They get stuck in deception and some never come to the realization until Jesus has to tell them personally before he sends them away.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey all i know is that none of us are perfect and all are capable of making a mistake..none of us should have to make up for everyones errors and mistakes but it is happens because this world is built on a foundation of lies and deceit. Jesus is not of this world and neither is his kingdom. Thats why the truth is strange and unfamiliar to most because Jesus' truths are not being truly taught in this world and if it is its being sugarcoated and it makes the world unfamiliar to it. Just face it i dont think anyone likes Jesus truths and that goes for those who claim to love him. and even though most do accept and love his truths, it still leave even those people with a feeling on thier heart..and his truths reveals the sins in our hearts and in this world..thats why Jesus wants us to try to deny ourselves and follow him because whether one was to admit it or not what Jesus taught and spoke is true.. and if someone doesnt think so they are in denial.. like i said i hate the political world, its just a place people trying to gain and keep power..i read a famous quote online where a character said " The last person to trust is a person with power" and that just hit me so hard because i totally agree with that quote because its so true.. Jesus wasnt trying to gain power because Jesus is the power of God spoken...for someone trying to place themselves above Jesus is wrong and unfair because the only person who ever had and was given full authority was Jesus and because of who Jesus was he didnt have to think of himself as such...if im gonna talk about politics i would have to explain it or talk about it the sugarcoated truth its built on.. but since its not im pointing out to the truth in itself, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god.. and since it is the whole truth ivam defining then yea i guess its pointing to God because only God is the bases we can run to for a homerun and the eternal truth. :-/ whatever..i think i am done talking.. i know its not good to talk a lot either so i willl stay quiet ..for now..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the way the truth and the life (John 14:6).
God's Word is also the truth (John 17:17).
For the Word reveals to us the person of Jesus Christ (for repentance and forgiveness) and His teachings (for a continued walk in abiding in Him who is the source of our salvation - 1 John 5:12; For if we abide in Christ, we will be fruitful; But if we are not fruitful, we will discarded like a branch and thrown into the fire - John 15:5-6).

John says,
"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

We have to walk in the light as He is in the light in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

It's not just about having a belief alone on Jesus to be saved.
We also have to be loving in our words, and our actions, too.

Jesus says,

34 "for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." (Matthew 12:34-37).

Love in words (in the truth):
"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" (Ephesians 4:15).

Love in our actions (in the truth):
"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." (1 John 3:18).

Love has got to be our motivation in everything. Loving God and loving all people (including our enemies).

2 "And though I... understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Does not behave itself rudely, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, keeps no record of evil;
6 Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;"
(1 Corinthians 13:2-6).

Love suffers patiently.
Love is kind.
Love does not make us envy others.
Love does not boast (i.e. vaunts not itself).
Love is not puffed up (Like we are the cat's meow while everyone else is pond scum).
Love does not come off as rude in the way we treat others, love does not seek it's own desire, love does not allow us to be easily provoked by other people's bad behaviors. Love forgives and does not hold onto past wrong doings towards us. Love rejoices not in sinful things, but love rejoices in the truth (i.e. The Lord Jesus Christ (who is God) and the good things of the Lord like His Word and His righteous ways).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some people despise the truth, but truth that is sugar-coated isnt truth, and most people accept that kind of truth because even though they can really see with thier eyes and the truth is really not deaf to thier ears, they overlook and reject the real truth and accept the "truth" that is only sweet to thier eyes and ears.. but the truth is without accepting real truth people will always remain blind and never free...
There are different ways of speaking the truth though, and while we should tell the truth and not sugar coat it or lie, we must also be caring, kind, compassionate, generous, loving, ect, "gentle" with each other and handle these fragile things (us) (each other) with the utmost care... And not be blankety-blanks, about it, ect... People don't respond very well to the latter, and would you respond well to it if someone, or when someone does it to you...? Is a blankety-blank with you...? Cause most of us do not...

One sign is if were losing our control, our peace, then we may not be delivering or maybe even telling the truth correctly...

And many people claim they are or know the truth, about everything... and no one knows the truth about everything and everybody but God, so when we think we know the truth, about someone else most especially, we need to make sure were really right about it first, cause many times we are not...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0