NC
✟46,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i feel like people from Harvesters dont care about me. They never invite me to hang out with them. Idk why these Asian want to just hang with other Asian people and ignore non-asians like they're playing favorites people. They never call me, message or nothing. It sounds like theyre being very selfish

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
i feel like people from Harvesters dont care about me. They never invite me to hang out with them. Idk why these Asian want to just hang with other Asian people and ignore non-asians like they're playing favorites people. They never call me, message or nothing. It sounds like theyre being very selfish
They sound as they are more religious than Christian. Do you think that this is the church for you? John says that those who do not love, do not know God for God is love.

Upvote 0

Lanae

Sep 20, 2017
NC
✟46,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They sound as they are more religious than Christian. Do you think that this is the church for you? John says that those who do not love, do not know God for God is love.
What does it mean to be more religious than Christian? Idk if its the right church for me

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Odds are they are probably just doing what is comfortable for them and has nothing to do with you. This is almost guaranteed if they weren't born and raised in the same country you were.

I wouldn't expect them to do anything specific unless they know you want them to. Ask if they could invite you the next time they do X because you want to get to know them better. They very well may not want to invade your privacy or offend you (which might not stop even after getting to know them).

The way to make friends is to find someone that will talk to you and tell them about yourself while asking them about themselves. This can be awkward at first, but gets easier each time. Look for something you have in common. Ask them about their faith. After you have done this on several occasions, you should know something one or more of them enjoys, and you can ask if they would like to go do something they would enjoy with you.

In the end, they simply may be busy with life, comfortable with the friends they have, and have nothing to urge them to go through the awkwardness of fitting a new friend into their lives. You may have to look elsewhere. Persist in asking God to give you a faithful friend. Be sure to do your side of maintaining a good relationship if he gives you one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An old man sat quietly rocking on his front porch when a young couple approached him.

“Sir”, the husband said, “We’re thinking of moving to this town, and wondered if you could give us an idea of what the people are like here.”

“Well”, the old man replied, “What were they like where you came from?”

Both the husband and wife enthusiastically answered that they were friendly, outgoing, and always ready to lend a helping hand.

“Yeah, they’re pretty much the same way here.”, said the old gent.

A few hours later another young couple drove up and they too asked the same question of the elderly man.

“Sir”, the husband said, “We’re thinking of moving to this town, and wondered if you could give us an idea of what the people are like here.”

“Well”, the old man replied, “What were they like where you came from?”

Both the husband and wife snapped back that “those people” were very unfriendly, secretive and reclusive, and never seemed to care a thing about anyone but themselves.

“Yeah, they’re pretty much the same way here.”, replied the old gent.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums