United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
[Staff Edit]
Please help me find a church that I can belong in. Also, can someone tell me if God does want me to find a church, and provide scripture to back that up.

I honestly think that God doesn't want me to find a church, and planned for me to feel so alone. I can't find a good church anywhere, and the world is filled with evil people. Non-evil people are so few and far between, it seems.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ash8676

Seeker of Answers To Life
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2013
So.Cal, Chino Hills
✟91,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lord, help him in anyway he needs and reveal to him what you want from him. Let him find a church and that he can feel comfortable there. Be there for him and show him you are listening, that you will be there every step of the way. Send him your love, peace, comfort and strength. I pray for this, in Jesus name, Amen.

Reactions: liars_paradox
Upvote 0

epluribus36

Follower of Jesus
Nov 1, 2013
Ozarks
✟15,402.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Aren't we all evil sinners, in need of a Savior? I know I am.

I sometimes want to hurt people, and only through prayer am I able to get this under control. I remember I used to seethe with hatred nearly all the time, before I came to know Jesus.

Upvote 0

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hmmm.... Gods will and a church? An interesting question. I do believe that God intends for us to have fellowship with other christians in some way, but I don't think it is required for that way to be "church" Even interacting on here might serve. I almost never go to church. God does not really communicate to me that way, and I have a hard time having someone else dictate to me what they think God wants and doesn't want, when I am usually good at figuring these things out myself. But I do appreciate communicating with other Christians, and I should probably have more fellowship with them.

Evil people? Well, remember the Lord Jesus hung out with prostitutes and thieves. It is ok to use good judgement to avoid people that might be toxic to you, but careful, such judgement needs to be tempered with compassion and understanding. Sometimes people need to suffer through some evil moments if only to learn why it is wrong. Allow yourself to imagine that this is their journey to a better person, instead of condemning them, maybe you can help them?

Anyhow, I'm praying for you, and I hope you find what you need.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Aren't we all evil sinners, in need of a Savior? I know I am.

I sometimes want to hurt people, and only through prayer am I able to get this under control. I remember I used to seethe with hatred nearly all the time, before I came to know Jesus.

Yeah, well maybe I don't know Jesus then? Not that I want to hurt people, by the way. I just want to make that clear, because if I hint to people that I could be a danger to others, then bad things will happen to me.

But, I'm kind of volatile on facebook to people at this big church that I visit. I do have lots of issues, I think.

A lot of pressure is coming down on me at work lately. I have been kind of distracted at work lately.

It seems that my escape from my problems have taken over some parts of my life.

The

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[Staff Edit] Please help me find a church that I can belong in. Also, can someone tell me if God does want me to find a church, and provide scripture to back that up.

I honestly think that God doesn't want me to find a church, and planned for me to feel so alone. I can't find a good church anywhere, and the world is filled with evil people. Non-evil people are so few and far between, it seems.

Thanks.

You sound like you have become disappointed with the church, perhaps through some recent experience. I have been there myself and know that feeling. I don't have any advice for you, but I don't hope God heals that part of you that is hurting.

Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

[Staff Edit] Please help me find a church that I can belong in. Also, can someone tell me if God does want me to find a church, and provide scripture to back that up.

Thanks.

praying for this request
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Upvote 0

epluribus36

Follower of Jesus
Nov 1, 2013
Ozarks
✟15,402.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, well maybe I don't know Jesus then? Not that I want to hurt people, by the way. I just want to make that clear, because if I hint to people that I could be a danger to others, then bad things will happen to me.

But, I'm kind of volatile on facebook to people at this big church that I visit. I do have lots of issues, I think.

A lot of pressure is coming down on me at work lately. I have been kind of distracted at work lately.

It seems that my escape from my problems have taken over some parts of my life.

The

Hey, I heard of another guy once, who never wanted to hurt anybody. The guy could walk on water and stuff!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums