Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, then here are my gifts, since we're on the topic.

Teaching and discerning.

Here is an online evaluation for Spiritual Gifts- http://www.churchgrowth.org/cgi-cg/gifts.cgi

Of course, it also is all on what the Lord has given you and what is on your heart and where you feel He wants you to serve. But the eval/survey gives you an idea.

Peace- EJO

Upvote 0

EJO

Hellafreak
Sep 4, 2002
Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here are the gifts that are in the bible, I believe that they are all still around, depending on if you desire to use them.

Missionary It is the special gift given by the Holy Spirit to certain members of the body of Christ (local church) to minister whatever other spiritual gifts they have in a second culture or second community. 1 Corinthians 9:19-23.

Healing It is the special gift whereby the Spirit employs certain Christians to restore health to the sick. James 5:13-16, Luke 9:1-2.

Intercession It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to pray for extended periods of time with great positive effect for the building of the Kingdom. 1 Thessalonians 3:10-13, 1 Timothy 2:1-2.

Craftsmanship It is the special gift whereby the Spirit endows certain Christians to use hands and minds to build up the Kingdom through artistic, creative means. Exodus 28:3-4.

Hospitality It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to open their homes willingly and offer lodging, food, and fellowship cheerfully to other people. Genesis 18:1-15.

Faith It is the special gift whereby the Spirit provides Christians with extraordinary confidence in God's promises, power, and presence so that they can take heroic stands for their future of God's work in the church. Hebrews 11.

Discernment It is the special gift whereby the Spirit certain Christians to know with assurance whether some behavior is of God or of Satan. Acts 5:3-6, Acts 16:16-18.

Mercy It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to feel exceptional empathy and compassion for those who are suffering so that they devote large amounts of time and energy to alleviate it. Luke 10:30-37.

Giving It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to offer their material blessings for the work of the church with exceptional willingness, cheerfulness and liberality. 2 Corinthians 8:1-5.

Administration It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to understand the goals of a given segment of the Church's ministry and to direct that area effectively, keeping the Church on course. Acts 15:12-21.

Leadership It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to motivate, direct and inspire God's people in such a way that they voluntarily and harmoniously work together to do the Church's work effectively. Hebrews 13:7, Judegs 3:10, Exodus 18:13-16.

Helps It is the spiritual gift whereby the Spirit empowers certain Christians to willingly bear the burdens of other Christains and help them in such a way that they can do their tasks more effectively. Acts 6:2-4.

Serving It is the special gift whereby the Spirit empowers certain Christians to identify unmet needs of people and implement plans to meet those needs. Serving one another, like witnessing, is a calling of all Christians, but there are some who have a special desire to find ways to serve, and get great blessing from it. There seems to be a special desire to meet physical needs in the people who have this gift. Galatians 6:1-2.

Knowledge It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to understand in an exceptional way the great truths of God's Word and to make them relevant to specific situations in the church. Ephesians 3:14-19.

Wisdom It is the special gift whereby the Spirit endows particular Christians with an understanding of God's will and work as it relates to the living of life.. James 3:13-17

Exhortation It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to stand beside fellow Christians in need and bring comfort, counsel and encouragement so they feel helped. Acts 11:23-24, Acts 14:21-22.

Music It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to praise God through various forms of music and enhance the worship experience of the local congregation.
1 Corinthians 14:26, Mark 14:26.

Teacher It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables particular Christians to communicate the truths of God's Word so that others can learn. Hebrews 5:12-14.

Pastor It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to assume responsibility for the spiritual welfare of a group of believers. 1 Peter 5:1-11.

Evangelist It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables particular Christians to share the Gospel to unbelievers in such a way that the unbeliever becomes a disciple of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 8:26-40.

Prophet
It is the special gift whereby the Spirit empowers certain Christians to interpret and apply God's revelation in a given situation. 1 Corinthians 14:1-5, 1 Corinthians 14:30-33, 1 Corinthians 14:37-40.

Apostle It is the gift whereby the Spirit appoints certain Christians to lead, inspire and develop the churches of God by the proclamation and the teaching of true doctrine. Acts 12:1-5, Acts 14:21-23.

Upvote 0
EJO,

All these things can be done naturally, by non-believers. What about spiritual gifts?

I try to make a distinction between natural talents and spiritual gifts. There is also a distinction between gifts, ministries and workings.

1Co 12:4 But there are differences of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are differences of workings, but it is the same God working all things

Upvote 0

EJO

Hellafreak
Sep 4, 2002
Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tongues:
Acts 2:4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

1 Cor. 12:9-11 -to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

1 Corinthians 12

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?

It looks as if tongues is a part of the gift of prophecy or close to it. . Notice, that interpritation of the tongues must be there as well to be a benefit to the whole body of believers. Either the gift is used in conjuction with an interpritaion, or by yourself in your prayer closet.

Upvote 0

stumpsitting101

Dec 30, 2002
Ala.
Visit site
✟775.00
Faith
Protestant
EJO: You made an edit while I was Editing mine, so my last post is only partial now.
Just a thought to ponder:
If "Tongues" was included in the origional list of Spirituals, and we can give some Biblical evidences to several others, just why, down through the span of time has only one been deemed to be not valid for today? Was that God's idea and direction or did it come from man?
I feel you are sincere in your search for truth, I to am searching in many areas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EJO

Hellafreak
Sep 4, 2002
Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The gift of tongues, IN MY OPIONION....

has a direct corrilation to the Tower of Babel, and when God divided up the people and made them speak different languages. Because they were trying to become closer to God in their own merits.

Then in Acts, after Jesus has risen, God gives them the same language, in order to become close to God- on HIS terms. So with that idea in mind- I think that the gifts of tongues has been severly abused and who knows what is real and what is fake?

That is why Paul spends some time laying down some guidlines for the gifts in 1 cor. 12.

the Babel thing is my own thoughts- no theology degree behind it, it just makes sense to me.

The list that I found on the net of spritual gift- they were probably sites that do not believe that tongues is a gift that was only around during the pentecost.

But the riting Paul uses is in the present tense, so I think it still around today.

Upvote 0

stumpsitting101

Dec 30, 2002
Ala.
Visit site
✟775.00
Faith
Protestant
I will start off with this statement and later come back, trying to keep a post rather short.
It is my understanding that there are 3 Major Feast of the Lord, (Not to be confused with all the Feast observed by Israel--Just those sanctioned by God). Two of these feast were 3 in 1 Feast in that, two other feast were celebrated during this particular time. Passover: (3 in 1: Passover, Unleavened Bread, and First Fruits). Then came Pentecost, and later Tabernacles (3 in 1: Trumpets, Atonement, and Booths).
I think the layout of the Feast was hinted at by Snup earlier.
There are 3 aspects of these Feast:
(1) Historic: the actual demonstration of each through the nation Israel. (Past)
(2) Spiritual: Fulfilled in Jesus (Past)
(3) Experiential: That which has or will be experienced by the Church. (Some past and some yet to come)

Can be used as a tool:
As a indicator as to where one is present in their walk and also as a spiritual calendar concerning time in this present age. I think the question is, Just where are we today in referrence to these being used as a Calendar.

Upvote 0

EJO

Hellafreak
Sep 4, 2002
Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Feast of Tabernacles was instituted in Lev 23:34
34 "Say to the Israelites: 'On the fifteenth day of the seventh month the LORD's Feast of Tabernacles begins, and it lasts for seven days.

It means from the hebrew word: cukkah: booth, or a temporary shelter.
Feasts were basically a celebration of what God had given them and that He had provided for the Isrealite while they were in the desert. The details for the first The Feast of Tabernacles is in Leviticus 23:34-44.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EJO

Hellafreak
Sep 4, 2002
Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The desert where they were is a metefore for us today, as a time of trials and testing. God wants us to know, that in the midst of the trails we have and face while in the flesh, we need to praise God and be thankful for what He has given us. These feasts were for that purpose.
Now, we have the Holy Spirit in us and with us all the time. So we are to be thankfull al the time.

Peace- EJO

Upvote 0

stumpsitting101

Dec 30, 2002
Ala.
Visit site
✟775.00
Faith
Protestant
The way I understand First Fruits is, It had nothing to do with our best, but rather our returning the very first. The very first sheaf gathered from a field even though the field itself was not ready for harvest. Some stalks of grain matured earlier that the rest of the field. They gathered those early maturing stalks into a sheaf, the remaining field was left to mature and gathered later and thanksgiving was given for the remaining crop at the Feast of Harvest (Pentecost). This First Fruit Sheaf was brought to the temple and presented by the priest as a wave offering before God. In so doing, declairing this sheaf to be a representation of the remaining field. Now don't get me wrong, there was thanksgiving involved, but not the major puropose. Each Feast should in some way be reminding us of God's works on our behalf.
The Picture: Jesus our First Fruit, the first sheaf gathered from this field of those who believe, Waved before our Father as the representative of the remaining field. As He is so shall the field be.
Blessings
Ken

Upvote 0

superdave

are you super-natural?
May 14, 2002
West Texas
Visit site
✟1,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe tongues to be the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I truly believe that. But I think we are ignoring the fact of Pentecost was not all about tongues. I am sure the Holy Spirit ministered through prophecy, wisdom, and healing that night as well. I am a firm believer in speaking in tongues- I do it a lot... but also I think that the Charismatic Movement is ignoring some of the other wonderful gifts of the holy spirit... I am sorry if it seems like I am off track...

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seven Jewish Feasts

Nisan 14 (Apr) — Passover Supper — the Last Supper
Nisan 15 — The Feast of Unleavened Bread — Jesus Crucifixion on this day
Nisan 17 — The Feast of First Fruits — Jesus Resurrection took place on this day
Sivan 6 (May) — The Feast of Pentecost — the Holy Spirit given on this day
Tishri 1 (Sept) — The Feast of Trumpets — This day will be celebrated in the Millennium Kingdom
Tishri 10 — The Day of Atonement — Jesus will be revealed as King on this day
Tishri 15 (Oct) — The Feast of Tabernacles — Jesus’ Birth & Millennium Rule starts on this day

http://www.layevangelism.com/qreference/chapter33.htm

Found this interesting...

Jesus' death is what causes death to "passover" us. Unleavened bread was pure without yeast- Jesus was pure without sin. Jesus was the "first fruits" back from the dead. Trumpets will announce His secong coming. Jesus is our Atonement. And Jesus now "tabernacles" (dwells with) each individual believer. And we all know that Pentecost brought His Holy Spirit as promised by Jesus.

Jesus is all over the place in these feasts. lol :D Have a great day!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.