Pentagon active duty military police units on alert to go to Minneapolis

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Per the Posse Comitatus Act And except on federal property wouldn’t it be illegal to use active duty military personnel to enforce civil law, or is somebody planning to declare marshal law?

I was at Ft. Gordon, Ga during the riots in Augusta. We were alerted and equipped to participate in riot control in Augusta. Because of Posse Comitatus we could only be assigned to protect federal property, such as post offices. I wonder what the MPs would be used for?

IMHO, marshal law is the last thing we need. It would be a step that would highlight our failure to be a nation with equality under the law. Instead we need a new policing philosophy.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Per the Posse Comitatus Act And except on federal property wouldn’t it be illegal to use active duty military personnel to enforce civil law, or is somebody planning to declare marshal law?

I was at Ft. Gordon, Ga during the riots in Augusta. We were alerted and equipped to participate in riot control in Augusta. Because of Posse Comitatus we could only be assigned to protect federal property, such as post offices. I wonder what the MPs would be used for?

IMHO, marshal law is the last thing we need. It would be a step that would highlight our failure to be a nation with equality under the law. Instead we need a new policing philosophy.
The National Guard did riot suppression during the 1960’s civil rights protests.

A short time after the 9-11-2001 attack on the Pentagon, there fighter jet(s) streaking across the sky inside the beltway. I heard the sonic booms from the jet(s) breaking the sound barrier while I was at work. I lived on air bases as a child and heard that noise before. That night George Bush went from the White House to Capitol Hill to give a speech to Congress. I lived near Capitol Hill. There were helicopters overhead. The next day someone told me they were Apache helicopters. There were military units on the streets of DC in the days afterward. There was a Coast Guard ship anchored in the Potomac R. near the Maine Ave. seafood market and yacht basin.

Violence will not solve the problem. Insurance rates will rise. Poverty may increase. Christ taught his disciples not to resist violence.

Reactions: shortangel
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,465.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

*martial law

Of course youll send your national guard to supress an uprising. Thats the point of a well organised militia.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
*martial law

Of course youll send your national guard to supress an uprising. Thats the point of a well organised militia.
I’m talking about US army, active duty soldiers. Not the national guard. Unless the guard is federalize the Posse Comitatus Act does not apply.

Reactions: shortangel
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,082.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

It's not martial law. The US President is authorized by Congress to use federal troops to suppress insurrections and rebellions if the local authorities cannot. It's called the Insurrection Act and it's actually even older then Posse Comitatus. It also hasn't been used since the Rodney King Riots.

Upvote 0