Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A Pennsylvania family unveiled their secret weapon to keep trick-or-treating safe amid the COVID-19 pandemic -- a treat-launching "Candypult."

Vince Mak, of York County, said his family held a brainstorming session to find a way to distribute candy on Halloween while maintaining social distancing and other safety measures.

Pennsylvania family builds 'Candypult' for safe trick-or-treating

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,313.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I guess I missed the bit where they explain how any virus on the candy is effectively removed before distribution by the Candypult. (Don't you just get so frustrated by these meanies who find fault with everything, especially when they claim they are doing it on Health and Safety grounds?)

Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟202,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess I missed the bit where they explain how any virus on the candy is effectively removed before distribution by the Candypult. (Don't you just get so frustrated by these meanies who find fault with everything, especially when they claim they are doing it on Health and Safety grounds?)

They are protecting themselves.

I did not read the article since it requires me to disable my pop up blocker, do the claim it is protecting the kids?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,313.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
They are protecting themselves.

I did not read the article since it requires me to disable my pop up blocker, do the claim it is protecting the kids?
The implication is that it would protect all involved: keep trick-or-treating safe.
Trick or treating involves the givers and the receivers. If either side is unsafe then the trick-or-treating is unsafe.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd argue an ice cream bucket attached to a piece of string is a feel-good story in an otherwise pretty bleak world situation, and if someone steals Christmas this is the thread of grinch suspects I'll point the police at.

Upvote 0