• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Pence had an 8 car motorcade on Mackinac Island?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by FreeinChrist, Sep 23, 2019.

1. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+9,798
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Mike Pence arrives in 8-vehicle motorcade on Michigan’s Mackinac Island — which has prohibited cars since 1898

Cars have not been allowed on Mackinac Island (pronounced 'mac-in-aw' because of the French ) for 121 years, with an exception for an ambulance, and trucks only with permission for good reason. Many Michiganders are NOT happy.

Many of the comments on twitter referred to it as "disrespectful" to Michigan. Even President Ford, when he visited the island, traveled on the island in a horse drawn carriage. I would have linked to an article with more comments in it from the locals, but ....language got salty.

If the Secret service wanted him in a car, then they only needed one or two, not 8. But he should have gone by horse drawn carriage.

I grew up in Michigan, been to the island many times.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,625
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Rules are for the common folk.

3. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,164
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Ford was from Michigan. He knew.

Not a good look for Pence.

4. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,720
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    There is something to be said about respecting custom.

5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+9,440
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Would you think a conservative would be more respectful of customs or more likely to disregard those not his own?

6. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,720
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    That is an interesting question to consider. IMHO a conservative should respect and want to preserve the traditions established for years.

7. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,022
    Anglican
    Married
    I've probably been on Mackinac 20+ times. Consider the island in only 7 miles in circumference. It a short hop from either the ferry dock or the airport. But he needs the motorcade to cart around his entitlement, privilege, and ego. Can't get all that in a carriage.