• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Pence for President?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by rambot, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+11,480
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Trump's 2024 campaign, if he can dredge up enough cash, is going to be an absolute nut show. Full on bonkers, like some crazy seaworld spectacle involving buckets of fish and dozens of starving sharks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,745
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope someone challenges him for the Republican Ticket.

I don't htink the entire American Democracy needs to suffer through that nonsense; keep it within the party.

3. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,500
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You have a knack for colorful descriptions! The analogy works.

4. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,613
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Your forgetting the winner of not the divine Donald is likely to be even more nuts!

5. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+6,947
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Pence basically torched his political career. For the diehard Trump fans, he will be known as a traitor. For the diehard anti-trump, he will forever be tainted by serving under Trump. For those in between, he will be known as the man who let things get so out of hand, he struggled to certify the election while those of his own party stormed the building he was in, calling for him to be hung.

6. Tom 1

+11,480
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Double Donald? Whoever it is, they'll be instantly branded a traitor if they fail to instantly abdicate in favour of big D. I mean right after they add abdication and emperorship into the donstitution.

7. Tom 1

+11,480
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    I'm still not convinced he isn't an animated tailor's dummy.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  8. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+3,574
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    He didn't file because he is smart. Smart enough to see it wasn't his time. Perhaps the rest of the country was unaware, but there was no secret in our state that his coming home from Congress was to position himself for higher things. He didn't have administrative experience until adding "Governor" to his resume. It's always been about the White House, for him. Always.

9. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,105
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Pence is more likely to try to make laws Christian only. I would think Conservatives would like that. I don't, but I'm not Conservative.

10. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,105
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm not sure why Michelle Obama would add to the chaos. She's very smart. I think it was a huge mistake to get rid of kids eating healthy in schools. And a healthier life style. I hope the vegetable and fruit garden comes back to the White house. So it can be a learning tool again. But , I think she prefers to help in other ways. If you see her profile . She's into helping people. I think president should political experience . Before becoming president.

11. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,000
    United States
    SDA
    Single
    That might be important to someone who is invested in one party or the other. Prophecy will be fulfilled. It might be Biden, it might be the next President, or farther down the line, but it will happen.

12. Jeff11

Jeff11 Member

+65
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Rand Paul

13. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+6,947
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    He's too busy being tackled by neighbors and fleeing to Canada for medical treatments.

14. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    Indeed -- Pence's only political capital is his association with Donald (FWIW, which ain't much), and he squandered that by refusing to overturn the election on 1/6.

15. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,771
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    On advice of Dan Quayle, (ubermench it turns out).

16. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+5,199
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Not necessarily. He could have turned his experience in Congress and as Governor of Indiana into an asset. Though now he's out of luck because those who lean to the left will refuse to vote for somebody seen as Trump's today, and Trump's base isn't going to forgive him for "betraying" Trump by not overturning the election.

17. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    Exactly -- either he's rejected for being a minion, or he's rejected for being a disloyal minion.

18. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,212
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    nah, Pence wouldn't make it through the primary

19. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    The only possible scenario where Pence might redeem himself if he ran in 2024 is if he chose Donald as his running mate, with the unspoken understanding that he would resign at the proper time and allow Donald to ascend to the Oval Office.

The only question would be when Pence would be expected to step down -- does he wait two years, which would allow Donald to run again in 2028, or does he resign five minutes into his inaugural address?

20. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    I've long suspected that the main (possibly the only) reason Pence took the VP spot in the first place is because 1. He knew he'd never be elected president, and 2. He figured that Donald, through resignation, arrest, or death, would never last a full term.

Credit where it's due -- he's half right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List