Pelosi Tweets About Protecting 'God's Creation.' Nikki Haley Dunks On Her.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn't. Abortion after 24 weeks is still illegal except in cases of endangerment of the life or health of the mother, which is within the holding of Roe, and in addition to cases of non-viable fetuses. It removes the criminal penalty for performing such an abortion, but they are still illegal.
The mental health of the woman was included. You can drive a Death Star through such language.

And NY did remove abortion from the criminal code altogether.

• Winner
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,093.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The mental health of the woman was included. You can drive a Death Star through such language.

And NY did remove abortion from the criminal code altogether.
The Act just says life or health. And I already admitted it's not part of the penal code any more. Doesn't mean it's legal though.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Act just says life or health. And I already admitted it's not part of the penal code any more. Doesn't mean it's legal though.
Then why eliminate abortion from the criminal code other than to eliminate any limits?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,093.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Then why eliminate abortion from the criminal code other than to eliminate any limits?
To treat it as a health issue rather a criminal one. But something doesn't need to be a crime for it to be illegal. It's like saying because the health code is not part of the penal code, selling somebody a deliberately tainted hot dog isn't illegal.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟289,913.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is a pretty oblivious statement to make considering she supports abortion up to late term (I also think she would be in favor of infanticide). She ought to do away with the religious talk because it just exposes how much she disagrees with her own Church.

There are any number of liberal Churches she could be part of and no one would care but it's that she parades around as a 'good Catholic' that gets pro-life individuals like myself a bit annoyed. She is anything but a good Catholic, she's a secularist who cares neither for Catholic morality or believes it has a place in the public square.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
While this was a horrifically hypocritical statement on pelosi's part, I can't help but feel relieved that something is being done about our climate crisis. In my opinion, the climate change issue should be cared about by Christians in an equal measure that we care about abortion, because both are prolife issues.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While this was a horrifically hypocritical statement on pelosi's part, I can't help but feel relieved that something is being done about our climate crisis. In my opinion, the climate change issue should be cared about by Christians in an equal measure that we care about abortion, because both are prolife issues.
Yes consistency is important. We are to be good stewards of God's creation.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟455,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi Tweets About Protecting 'God's Creation.' Nikki Haley Dunks On Her.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Thursday saying she was concerned about “God’s creation” and “generations to come,” former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley ripped Pelosi on Twitter, stating, “Does God’s creation not include protecting babies as well Madame Speaker? A committee on that issue would be welcome.”

Pelosi’s tweet was celebrating the inception of the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis, which was established in January when the Democrats gained control of the House of Representatives. Pelosi had tweeted on Thursday, “We have a moral responsibility to protect God’s creation for generations to come. That is why today, we named members to the Select Committee on the Climate Crisis.

Pelosi Tweets About Protecting ‘God’s Creation.’ Nikki Haley Dunks On Her
Well, babies are part of God's creations. That much is true.

Upvote 0