Pelosi Tweets About Protecting 'God's Creation.' Nikki Haley Dunks On Her.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am also. I don't necessarily disagree with you about abortion, despite what you may think.

But I think that whataboutism over abortion when politicians like AOC are trying to address the environment is unhelpful. That's all I'm saying. Haley looks less like she's trying to really address issues than play gotcha games, and that's neither helpful for her position or Pelosi's, in my opinion.
Ringo
Perhaps politically it was a gotcha moment. But if Pelosi is going to invoke God’s Creation we must be consistent in respecting all life especially Imago Dei

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
"B-b-b-b-but what about abortion? Checkmate!"

- A definitely smart person
Ringo

Ikr? Pelosi said something really lovely. Something that decent ppl should agree with, stand behind. Haley's comment was just a petty jab to get in there. I'm in disbelief people actually think that was something laudable?

• Winner
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps politically it was a gotcha moment. But if Pelosi is going to invoke God’s Creation we must be consistent in respecting all life especially Imago Dei

There was no gotcha to it. It was just pettiness for the sake of it.

There's so many retorts Pelosi could make in response, but I hope she had the dignity to not dignify it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was no gotcha to it. It was just pettiness for the sake of it.

There's so many retorts Pelosi could make in response, but I hope she had the dignity to not dignify it.
Haley is right. If Pelosi is going to invoke God’s Creation then she must address all of it. We humans are God’s greatest creation as Imago Dei.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Haley is right. If Pelosi is going to invoke God’s Creation then she must address all of it. We humans are God’s greatest creation as Imago Dei.

Haley is wrong. She's treating abortion like this card that she wants to play in every game. It's disrespectful & petty.

On top of that, if you care about God's creations you must care about more than just the creations as fetuses. The Trump administration has so often treated God's creations, human & environment without dignity & respect. So she comes across as not only petty & sanctimonious but hypocritical. It's shameful.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haley is wrong. She's treating abortion like this card that she wants to play in every game. It's disrespectful & petty.
55 million and counting. Not so petty.

On top of that, if you care about God's creations you must care about more than just the creations as fetuses. The Trump administration has so often treated God's creations, human & environment without dignity & respect. So she comes across as not only petty & sanctimonious but hypocritical. It's shameful.
Can’t care for them past birth if they are dead. And what convinces you people who defend innocent life in the womb don’t care after the baby is born?

What exhaustive knowledge do you have to share with us to support your assertions?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
55 million and counting. Not so petty.

What exhaustive knowledge do you have to share with us to support your assertions?

To me, you're treating this like a game you want to play. Like just throw down the abortion card into any discussion to try to claim some sort of moral superiority.

"Can’t care for them past birth if they are dead. And what convinces you people who defend innocent life in the womb don’t care after the baby is born?" > Their lack of efforts at defending the lives of people who have been born.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As in the rest of life. All of life. Not just life up to birth & right afterwards.
The child goes to school grows up and learns to care for themselves as adults getting a job and raising their own family.

Or are you speaking of children who grow up and have some disability where they cannot work?

There are ministries spanning every sort of calamity, need and comfort. Your church I’m sure is involved in some if not many of these ministries.

The below are examples and not an exhaustive list.

Christian Pregnancy Services and After Care:

Just a few examples here
https://cmda.org/
Pregnancy Centers in PA
Listing Of Crisis Pregnancy Centers In Illinois
Christian Life Resources
Special Delivery | Overlake Christian Church
Top 10 Non Profit Organizations that help Mothers
Creating a Cradle Care Ministry for Expectant & New Parents

These are a few examples of Christian ministries which span all 50 states.

Sanctuary of Hope:

Sanctuary of Hope
The above is a grand scale example of after and future care. Others include Catholic charities and Samaritans Purse.

Becoming Adoptive Parents - FAQs
Counseling
Help Protect Vulnerable Women

Here's just one example of a conservative Evangelical charitable organization's ministry:

Help Families Fleeing the Fighting in Mosul

Emergency Field Hospital Sent as Christmas Gift to Iraq

Loving Care for an Orphan | Samaritan’s Purse Gift Catalog

A Brighter Future for Ebola Widows

Women’s Programs

Crisis & Disaster Response

Feeding Programs

Health & Medical Ministries

Water, Sanitation & Hygiene

Children’s Heart Project

Putting a Stop to Human Trafficking

Deadly Earthquake in Nepal

U.S. Disaster Relief

Evangelical Survey:

http://www.gordonconwell.edu/ockenga/research/documents/USMissionsSurvey_FINALReport.pdf

https://www.google.com/search?clien...2i30j33i160j33i22i29i30j33i10i299.U33WbY8TTn4

Search above takes us to Evangelical study Pdf file.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
New York and Virginia
New York's Reproductive Health Act is mostly in line with Roe v. Wade. The only place it differs is that it explicitly allows for abortion of non-viable fetuses in the third trimester. And Virginia is not going to pass the law that has been getting all the press, so I don't even see a need to break done what it actually says.

• Informative
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New York's Reproductive Health Act is mostly in line with Roe v. Wade. The only place it differs is that it explicitly allows for abortion of non-viable fetuses in the third trimester. And Virginia is not going to pass the law that has been getting all the press, so I don't even see a need to break done what it actually says.
New York’s law removes the protections of any human life in the womb. This so called healthcare act just might erase even fetal homicide statutes. We won’t find out until such an unfortunate case comes up.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The child goes to school grows up and learns to care for themselves as adults getting a job and raising their own family.

Or are you speaking of children who grow up and have some disability where they cannot work?

No, I'm speaking of ALL of life. Life is more than just birth.

The 1st example of failing to show care & dignity to God's creations that comes to mind, Trump's cruel family separation policy is one. There are children who aren't being raised by their own families bc they were unnecessarily separated from them. Now the administration is saying it would be too extraordinary of an effort to reunite them. Pelosi is also right that we need to protect God's creation, the environment. Trump's policies & attitude on that are showing disrespect to God's creations & it's to the detriment of life now & for future generations.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm speaking of ALL of life. Life is more than just birth.

The 1st example of failing to show care & dignity to God's creations that comes to mind, Trump's cruel family separation policy is one. There are children who aren't being raised by their own families bc they were unnecessarily separated from them. Now the administration is saying it would be too extraordinary of an effort to reunite them. Pelosi is also right that we need to protect God's creation, the environment. Trump's policies & attitude on that are showing disrespect to God's creations & it's to the detriment of life now & for future generations.
What does Trump have to do with the subject?

Why are you ignoring the point Haley mentioned about human beings in the womb are part of God’s creation. Do you disagree with her facts?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What does Trump have to do with the subject?

Why are you ignoring the point Haley mentioned about human beings in the womb are part of God’s creation. Do you disagree with her facts?

Why are you ignoring Pelosi's points? Do you disagree with her facts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you ignoring Pelosi's points? Do you disagree with her facts?
I haven’t. I agree with Haley they are incomplete statements.

You don’t see the difference?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I haven’t. I agree with Haley they are incomplete statements.

You don’t see the difference?

If you see the statement as being incomplete you should realize that adding abortion to it would not make it complete. Do you really not see that?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you see the statement as being incomplete you should realize that adding abortion to it would not make it complete. Do you really not see that?
Are human beings made in the image and likeness of God?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Are human beings made in the image and likeness of God?

Are human beings who are currently & will in the future suffer from the failings to care for the environment made in the image & likeness of God? Are the human beings who were ripped away from their parents or had their children ripped away from them due to cruel family separation policies made in the image & likeness of God?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
New York’s law removes the protections of any human life in the womb. This so called healthcare act just might erase even fetal homicide statutes. We won’t find out until such an unfortunate case comes up.
No it doesn't. Abortion after 24 weeks is still illegal except in cases of endangerment of the life or health of the mother, which is within the holding of Roe, and in addition to cases of non-viable fetuses. It removes the criminal penalty for performing such an abortion, but they are still illegal.

Upvote 0