Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I forget... who’s in charge of national security?

Is it the Speaker of the House of Representatives or is that the President of the United States?

Oh, I don't know - the third in line to the Presidency probably has zero to do with it, yeah, "it's not my job" that is a good defense.

She can't bemoan the fact that the President wasn't doing enough, when she herself was doing nothing herself.

The President is wrong and a racist for stopping traffic that I am promoting - not the best look for her.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, I don't know - the third in line to the Presidency probably has zero to do with it, yeah, "it's not my job" that is a good defense.

She can't bemoan the fact that the President wasn't doing enough, when she herself was doing nothing herself.

The President is wrong and a racist for stopping traffic that I am promoting - not the best look for her.
Nice dodge there.

Who is in charge of national security for the United States? Is it the President or the Speaker of the House?

It’s a simple question.

Is the Speaker, or any Representative in charge of directing national security policy and the response to threats to the nation or is that the President’s job?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I forget... who’s in charge of national security?

Is it the Speaker of the House of Representatives or is that the President of the United States?

Do we get to choose?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Winner
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Given what we presently know about the disease, I would say keep on shopping too but with certain precautions.

For the first time in my 60 odd year life here in Canada, there are line ups outside grocery stores. We're called to distance ourselves from each other by two meters/~yards and only a certain amount of consumers are let into the store.

Life needs to go on an even though Pelosi who is much like Pocahontas and President Trump in my view, all including myself with big flaws in our lives. We need to live together.

From a Canadian perspective my only grip is there's enough space, they didn't need to pack together like that. It's the little things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On 2/24 Trump was enthusiastic about reopening US businesses and churches by Easter:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...ed0a12-6d65-11ea-b148-e4ce3fbd85b5_story.html

When the President goes down to Times Square and tells people to come down and shop - then it will be apples to apples - until then - it is not the same. Having a desire for things to change and openly encouraging people to do something are different.

Nice dodge there.

Who is in charge of national security for the United States? Is it the President or the Speaker of the House?

It’s a simple question.

Is the Speaker, or any Representative in charge of directing national security policy and the response to threats to the nation or is that the President’s job?

Not a dodge at all. I simply don't believe the Speaker of the House is so ignorant on national issues as seem you to. Because if she knew of the risk she was encouraging - what does that say about her.

She is blaming the President for not taking it seriously early enough as she did the exact same thing.

That is all the video shows.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Correction, that was on 3/24.

An entire month later.

What’s the excuse they’ll come up with for him this time I wonder.

The calendar was printed by the Deep State.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

An entire month later.

He is being slammed for hoping something good can happen?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
When the President goes down to Times Square

DOnald won't dare show his face in NYC even before the outbreak.

Not a dodge at all. I simply don't believe the Speaker of the House is so ignorant on national issues as seem you to.

Anyone can be when they follow the President's example.

She is blaming the President for not taking it seriously early enough as she did the exact same thing.

That is all the video shows.

It shows her following Donald' bad advice.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

An entire month later.

During the lockdown in Wuhan, China they let one person from each family shop once every other day. They gave families a predetermined number of shopping passes to use. Many opted for food delivery instead. Almost everyone had face masks. Some had disposable gloves and plastic outer wear. I was watching it unfold on CGTN TV. It is Chinese news in a streaming news bundle I subscribe to.

I shopped Wednesday. May order pizza delivery for supper. Am thinking about using grocery delivery or curbside pickup later.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He is being slammed for hoping something good can happen?
He is being slammed for being completely in over his head if he was that blissfully unaware of the deaths and staggering number of cases in the coming weeks. Any non expert who’s been paying even the smallest bit of attention would have known by then what an absolute long shot and false hope it was to even suggest things could be open by Easter and churches packed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
During the lockdown in Wuhan, China they let one person from each family shop once every other day. They gave families a predetermined number of shopping passes to use. Many opted for food delivery instead. Almost everyone had face masks. Some had disposable gloves and plastic outer wear. I was watching it unfold on CGTN TV. It is Chinese news in a streaming news bundle I subscribe to.

I shopped Wednesday. May order pizza delivery for supper. Am thinking about using grocery delivery or curbside pickup later.
We’ve been basically on lockdown at my house since the first week of March with minimal, planned trips for groceries being the only reason to leave the house.

My sister had been following the news on this for a while before then and we saw things starting to go south as early as the last week of February. I remember on Saturday the 29th I went for a long hike in the mountains with some friends and when I got home that night I was starting to feel like I caught a cold. I was already reluctant to go out at all that weekend but figured hiking shouldn’t be too bad. That week I missed three days of work until I felt good enough to go back. By then, the news seemed to have changed its tone.

The next week of the 9th to the 13th was when the President first brought up the issue in a national address and things like the NBA, Disneyland and others started their own closures to get a hold of the problem. It wasn’t until another week after that the governor of CA and LA mayor gave stay at home orders and that’s considered taking it on early compared to other state and local leaders.

• Useful
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Surely it was fine to go out and shop on July 1st 2019.

The governor of California said it was no longer fine to go out and shop on March 19 2020.

On some day, between July 1 of 2019 and March 19 of 2020, it no longer became fine.

Your mission, hislegacy, should you choose to accept it, is to demonstrate that that day was before 2/24.

Upvote 0