PeanutGallery part 2. Isaiah 53 response to "Why don't our Jewish brothers see ...."

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Anywhere we have interaction, don't you think?

I just came to this thread and wanted to respond very early but the thread is so long I decided it would make more sense to respond toward the end.

I asked a Jewish co-worker about Isaiah 53 once and she said Isaiah is describing Israel, which of course, makes absolutely no sense, but whatever.

Yonah, it doesn't take pages to explain why you don't believe in something. I don't mean to be offensive, but I come away with the same feeling as if the other person is "beating around the bush" a lot and I get the same feeling whenever I have a debate with Muslims.

The most sensible thing a Jewish woman once said to me was that most Jews are atheists. (I don't know if she was, I didn't ask. And I can't remember what my original question was at the time.) She said they are atheists because they have given up on the Messiah who was to come and never came. That was quick, honest and tragic, IMO.

Otherwise, it's mostly beating around the bush. The bottom line is that they, as Scripture says, have been blinded until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled. No matter what argument you present, they will reject it. Even a very renowned Rabbi had a vision before his death of the Messiah and wrote His name down. The paper on which he wrote it was to be read one year after his death ( I think it was one year, you can google it.) He said that the Messiah was Yehoshua or Yeshua and that He would return after the death of Ariel Sharon. Ariel Sharon died shortly after this was read. Anyway, this very respected Rabbi's words were not accepted. They said he must have been too old and imagined it all. So, until the last Gentile is saved and God lifts the veil from their eyes, the Jews will not believe that Jesus is the Messiah. That is just my opinion, but it is Scriptural.

Upvote 0