Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the Senate bill will die as soon as it reaches the House, as they will want to re-write their own bill... thus maintaining the illusion of work without anything actually getting done.

And so the pastime of political ping-pong proceeds in perpetuity.
I don't think so - I read a good argument that this was never meant as anything other than a backdoor into permanent tax cuts. Any cuts labeled as such have to be "revenue-neutral" and needs a two-thirds majority, but a reconciliation bill can be passed with a simple majority (which the Republicans might manage in the Senate).

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They don't like the bill they got from the House, that is for sure. I think the CBO score will be bad.

I doubt very much that the House liked its own bill -- they only passed it knowing the Senate would reject it... thus absolving themselves from blame.

The Senate, of course, will do the same, thus returning the favor.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think so - I read a good argument that this was never meant as anything other than a backdoor into permanent tax cuts. Any cuts labeled as such have to be "revenue-neutral" and needs a two-thirds majority, but a reconciliation bill can be passed with a simple majority (which the Republicans might manage in the Senate).

But the point is that any such bill is going to be a complete and total disaster for the American people (by which I mean all of them, not just the rich) as soon as it's enacted -- and the GOP in both houses know it.

And yet, they did promise to "repeal and replace" Obamacare, so they have to at least go through the motions.

And there is no greater chamber for going through the motions of something without actually doing it than the legislative branch. Trump is at least smart enough to realize this -- why else would he bypass them with Executive orders all the time?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A simple search:

In short, the AHCA does not eliminate coverage for pre-existing conditions. Like the Affordable Care Act, Trumpcare will require all health insurers to cover people who apply regardless of their medical history.

https://trumpcare.com/trumpcare-bill-passed-house-impacts-pre-existing-conditions/

Shhh, no facts, only feelings. Trump and the Republicans made it, so it must be bad.

I hold a Masters, yeah, I think I do.

Do you?

:muahah:

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
18403058_10154620951316545_286700312965550307_n.png

And it takes a lack of courage to spy on the media, prosecute whistle-blowers, kill civilians with drones, and execute American citizens without a trial.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
High school grad.

I would encourage you to go to some type of higher education. I know it's a lot of work, but well worth it in the end. Best of luck to you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would encourage you to go to some type of higher education. I know it's a lot of work, but well worth it in the end. Best of luck to you
Thank you for your advice! I'll consider that as I head into retirement next year.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
R
It was a joke. I didn't realize we had to put "THIS IS NOT SERIOUS, GUYZ" in the meme thread. :mmh:

You can't, you can only post memes, cartoon and etc.

I don't think that fits into etc.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
R

You can't, you can only post memes, cartoon and etc.

I don't think that fits into etc.

I know. I just posted it because I found the image hilarious. I thought it was absurd enough most people would understand it was a joke.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I know. I just posted it because I found the image hilarious. I thought it was absurd enough most people would understand it was a joke.

Or you don't want to admit you made an error. Either way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.