Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm willing to bet Dolph isn't a climate change denier either.
I can't find anything about Dolph being a climate denier - or actually working at a job involving science, though he may have. Nothing against Dolph having a great education but he got right into acting.

Bill Nye, however, did develope a hydraulic pressure resonance suppressor used in 747s still and helped design the sundial used for the Mars Rover missions. He is actively engaged in learning.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

LinguaIgnota

Nov 26, 2014
✟59,588.00
Faith
Atheist
goMq68P.jpg
Biological sex is determined by your chromosomes, gender is a social construct. It's really not that hard to understand.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Biological sex is determined by your chromosomes, gender is a social construct. It's really not that hard to understand.

First off, it says gender, LIKE SEX, is on a spectrum. Secondly, the guy who first came up with separating gender and sex was a real piece of work. Look up John Money and David Reimer.

Upvote 0

LinguaIgnota

Nov 26, 2014
✟59,588.00
Faith
Atheist
First off, it says gender, LIKE SEX, is on a spectrum. Secondly, the guy who first came up with separating gender and sex was a real piece of work. Look up John Money and David Reimer.

I'm not exactly a big fan of Bill Nye. I understand that he conveys basic scientific concepts to children and youngsters, for which I commend him. But from what I have seen, and that might be a very inaccurate and unfair evaluation, he lacks in-depth knowledge. If the quotes attributed to him in the image is correct, I believe that his limited insight might have caused him to express himself in an ambiguous or unclear manner. The notion, however, that someone should have paid him off to state a certain viewpoint is laughable.

The distinction between sex and gender is widely accepted, by the way. And, at least at the University of Copenhagen, it is taught to psychology students during the first semester. It doesn't matter who came up with the concept as long as it is sufficiently descriptive of a phenomenon within the human sphere of experiences. I agree with Bill Nye that gender is on a spectrum. You can observe that for yourself in both biological males and biological females who have taken on traits that are more or less "feminine" or "masculine".

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Actually, it can be more complicated that that.

I actually had a client who was biologically male and expressed as female from birth. The penis did not develop, nor did the testes develop as they should have. She appeared female at birth but eventually found that she wasn't. She may have decided at a later date to have surgery.

There are more variations out there. It is a private thing though so most folks do not know about them all.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I actually had a client who was biologically male and expressed as female from birth. The penis did not develop, nor did the testes develop as they should have. She appeared female at birth but eventually found that she wasn't. She may have decided at a later date to have surgery.

There are more variations out there. It is a private thing though so most folks do not know about them all.

There are three. Male, female, and intersex, with the third being a tiny fraction of the population. Asexual, gender - fluid and the rest of that is not real, however.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Oh, boy. Choose your own response:

• Did she collapse? Are they about to toss her into the back of a van?
  • How many of them are conservatives or Republicans? Do you think that they would appreciate being lunped in with Hillary?
  • This is basically reducing these women to their gender. I am sure that thought thrills many of them.
  • I hope that the first woman president is a Republican or Libertarian, just because it will drive third wave feminists into a frenzy.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

As Rion pointed out there are biological abnormalities that prevent them from being a fully realized male or female scientifically speaking. I get that this is a sensitive topic for some and I think it is quite commendable for many to care for the well-being of those that are going through some identity crisis; but it's more to do with psychological analysis' within social constructs than science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone else notice that it is always the side not in power that cares about debt?
Sure, and debt is not necessarily a bad thing, but it was the part about filling it with swamp that I liked.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.