Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are your qualifications to teach on this?

I hold a Masters of Divinity, have taught doctrine in two Nationally accredited Bible Schools and currently serve as an adjunct instructor for International Bible Schools in Central America, Europe and the Middle East.

I travel internationally seven to 10 times a years, last year was a whole lot of ZOOM classes. I'll be in Tulsa, OK in January - Albion, NY in February - Groningen Netherlands and Berlin Germany in March. Dates to be Confirmed for Wes Austria, Athens Greece, Thessaloniki, Albania, Crete, Greenville, TN and Turley OK, then in September I will be in Alexandria and Cairo Egypt.

By the way _ I welcome all input and constructive discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well that explains alot

It sure does, especially in the character category.

Since he's stepping up to the plate on this, we'll see just what was purchased with that masters degree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sure does, especially in the character category.

Since he's stepping up to the plate on this, we'll see just what was purchased with that masters degree.

i look forward to a free exchange of insight and wisdom. I’d rather share what was purchased on Calvary instead.

Welcome, blessed to have you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hold a Masters of Divinity, have taught doctrine in two Nationally accredited Bible Schools and currently serve as an adjunct instructor for International Bible Schools in Central America, Europe and the Middle East.

I travel internationally seven to 10 times a years, last year was a whole lot of ZOOM classes. I'll be in Tulsa, OK in January - Albion, NY in February - Groningen Netherlands and Berlin Germany in March. Dates to be Confirmed for Wes Austria, Athens Greece, Thessaloniki, Albania, Crete, Greenville, TN and Turley OK, then in September I will be in Alexandria and Cairo Egypt.

By the way _ I welcome all input and constructive discussion.
Great qualifications! I'm looking forward to the discussion.

• Friendly
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe GOD acted in power through the initial 12 Apostles in a way that is unattainable through another Christian nowadays?

In what ways are you referring please. Some examples would help.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are examples that I believe happen today:
1. Paul raised back to life someone who fell out of a window and died.

2. Peter healed a man born lame. (Silver and gold have I none)

3. Paul was apparently stoned to death, but got up and walked back to town.

4. After Philip (not an apostle but that makes the point anyway) baptizes the Ethiopian Eunuch, the Spirit takes him away to appear in another city- sounds like teleportation or other miraculous travel. I haven't heard of this happening recently, but I believe it can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The most recent emphasis of "they have the power, therefore they have the authority to be apostles."

Since Jesus also teaches some will prophesy, cast out devils, and do miracles but He never knew them - this would indicate that simply having the gifts spoken of in the passages in the teaching thread does not mean that one is actually an apostle.

The scripture indicates there is more to it, I'm sure you'll get to that later, but that's my perception so far.

God bless.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe GOD acted in power through the initial 12 Apostles in a way that is unattainable through another Christian nowadays?

Just checking in. Did you want to continue with your query?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
How did they test the Apostles?

I read through the word context (G652 - apostolos - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv)) and notice that one who is an apostle is one who is sent, and that they are sent to a specific group of people like Paul to the Gentiles. I also notice wording that implies having people who have been born again because of your ministry, and their spiritual maturity becomes the "seal of your apostleship." Since these congregations that Paul was an apostle to were what "sealed the deal" in terms of apostleship - I would suggest this is an important criteria in discerning true apostles and charlatans who think too highly of themselves.

Upvote 0