✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
http://archive.is/PxmCU

People were wanting to protest Google's increasingly draconian stance on free speech, and had nothing to do with alt-right or anything else, as their code of conduct shows:

Code of Conduct for March on Google
  • The March on Google condemns and disavows violence, hatred, and bigotry and all groups that espouse it such as White Nationalists, KKK, Antifa, and NeoNazis.
  • We will not use messages that are designed to incite anger, hate, or violence.
  • We will respect the law and the police and cooperate in all matters.
  • Any violation of these tenets will not be tolerated.

Is this an “Alt-Right” event? The answer is no. This is an event for First Amendment supporters from across the country, from all backgrounds, ethnicity, and walks of life. We will not tolerate any incendiary actions, messages, remarks, or gestures that go against the respectful, “open basket” spirit of the event.

Didn't stop CNN and others as labeling it a Nazi-event and getting them violent threats.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn't stop CNN and others as labeling it a Nazi-event and getting them violent threats.
Yeah - they were reacting to the tendency of the specific groups that they listed to tag along on such activities to work their own kind of garbage.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

People were wanting to protest Google's increasingly draconian stance on free speech, and had nothing to do with alt-right or anything else, as their code of conduct shows:

• The March on Google condemns and disavows violence, hatred, and bigotry and all groups that espouse it such as White Nationalists, KKK, Antifa, and NeoNazis.
  • We will not use messages that are designed to incite anger, hate, or violence.

Is this an “Alt-Right” event? The answer is no. This is an event for First Amendment supporters from across the country, from all backgrounds, ethnicity, and walks of life. We will not tolerate any incendiary actions, messages, remarks, or gestures that go against the respectful, “open basket” spirit of the event.

Google actually has the power to squelch speech. They are the biggest threat to it I can think of.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Yeah - they were reacting to the tendency of the specific groups that they listed to tag along on such activities to work their own kind of garbage.

So if a group says Neo-Nazis are not welcomed, it's fine for CNN, etc. to report that they are associated with said groups?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if a group says Neo-Nazis are not welcomed, it's fine for CNN, etc. to report that they are associated with said groups?
that is not what I said.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Much of the Left is increasingly taking the view that anybody who disagrees with them on anything is a Nazi... it seems that their stance on free speech was more draconian than they thought. This is something you have to have to deal with now anytime you hold a demonstration.

Incidentally, and I'm not trying to derail the thread, this is why many of the participants of last weekend's rally in Charlottesville showed up armed as they did. This is what they were up against.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We are now getting close to the ultimate objective of the alt-Left, which is to physically prevent any disagreement with anything said by the extreme Left. That goal has nearly been realized already on campuses and in business and government through non-violent intimidation, but sooner or later, the fascists or anarchists or whatever the proper term for them is will make certain, through violence, that there is no dissension.

The key is held by government. So long as federal, state, or local governments stand by and allow these people to do their work, as has happened in many cities, we are in for a dark future.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Come on Rion. You're not falling for that eye-lash-blinking baloney. Those peace-loving alt-righties just want to hold hands and sing Woody Guthrie hits.
In a briefing Tuesday, Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto said the planned gatherings had become a rallying point for the Ku Klux Klan, Nazis and their sympathizers. He urged them to stay home.:doh:

Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

And it's "alt-left" terrorist threats, is it? Because you so declare?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We are now getting close to the ultimate objective of the alt-Left, which is to physically prevent any disagreement with anything said by the extreme Left. That goal has nearly been realized already on campuses and in business and government through non-violent intimidation, but sooner or later, the fascists or anarchists or whatever the proper term for them is will make certain, through violence, that there is no dissension.

The key is held by government. So long as federal, state, or local governments stand by and allow these people to do their work, as has happened in many cities, we are in for a dark future.
Given that there's been no evidence presented that anyone particularly left leaning made those threats, let alone that this is a representative section of far Left beliefs, your conclusions seem premature.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't want to click on your link. Every time I have my computer starts to have convulsions and then freezes up.
So do you know what I should put in a search engine to find where CNN has said this event a Nazi-event?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jenny_8675309
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When did the term alt-left come into use? I only heard it for the first time when Trump used it earlier in the week and now, like clockwork, his most loyal are parroting the term like it means something.

• Agree
Reactions: Jenny_8675309
Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When did the term alt-left come into use? I only heard it for the first time when Trump used it earlier in the week and now, like clockwork, his most loyal are parroting the term like it means something.
There does seem to be a lot of projection coming from that particular ideological camp.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Given that there's been no evidence presented that anyone particularly left leaning made those threats, let alone that this is a representative section of far Left beliefs, your conclusions seem premature.
Your complaint, I take it, is that if someone in a mask and armed with several types of weapons then uses them on you because you are attending a rally that is advocating some political proposal or other that he has announced he opposes...

...this doesn't mean that the attacker has anything in mind by it.

I have rarely read something on these forums that is more laughable than that contention, I must say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There does seem to be a lot of projection coming from that particular ideological camp.
The fact they think we are talking about them when we say mean things about Nazis and white supremacists is very telling.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

I've heard it used before, but yeah, now that Trump's said, you can expect his followers to repeat it at every single opportunity.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh no. It's been around since about the time that the term alt-right became fashionable. Nobody knows exactly how to define either one, from what I can tell, though.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your complaint, I take it, is that if someone in a mask and armed with several types of weapons then uses them on you because you are attending a rally that is advocating some political proposal or other that he has announced he opposes...

...this doesn't mean that the attacker has anything in mind by it.

I have rarely read something on these forums that is more laughable than that contention, I must say.
I have no idea how you think I said anything of the kind, but I hope you're having fun :)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

OK I found this and seeing the March on Google was to support this person and their view AND that very person says he probably won't attend because he is not alt-right.....That is why CNN is saying it is an alt-right event.

The largest scheduled rally is the "March on Google," which will take place in nine major US cities Saturday. The aim is to protest the firing of Google employee James Damore over a controversial memo he wrote about the company's diversity policies. Damore has said he doesn't support the "alt-right," and will "likely not" participate.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0