• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Peace between Israel and UAE

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by civilwarbuff, Aug 13, 2020.

1. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,935
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Running2win

Running2win Well-Known Member

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
  3. James Honigman

James Honigman Active Member Supporter

+221
    Christian
    Single
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞Steadfast Lutheran, Messianic leaning ✡ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+3,890
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I think it will, the UAE is more progressive on a lot of these matters and does not have any territorial disputes with Israel to consider.

5. childeye 2

childeye 2 Well-Known Member

+1,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Respectfully, this could simply be a Trump re-election ploy similar to asking Ukraine to investigate Biden and the 2016 election. The “diplomatic breakthrough” was at “the request of President Trump,” and that Israel will suspend declaring sovereignty over areas outlined in the President’s Vision for Peace and focus its efforts now on expanding ties with other countries in the Arab and Muslim world.”

sus·pend
    /səˈspend/
    See definitions in:
    all
    law
    chemistry
    verb
    verb: suspend; 3rd person present: suspends; past tense: suspended; past participle: suspended; gerund or present participle: suspending
    1. 1.
      temporarily prevent from continuing or being in force or effect.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  6. civilwarbuff

+5,935
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Most likely. With it being this close to the election they don't want to be seen giving him a win. Heck, they don't want to give him a win even when it is not close to the election.

7. childeye 2

+1,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Or they could just read the article and see that there's no historic peace agreement.

8. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+33,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  9. civilwarbuff

+5,935
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Which was supposedly done last October over a year away from the election. That don't hold water.....
    Wow, can you imagine that? A president getting involved in diplomacy? Shades of Carter/Begin/Sadat and Camp David.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. civilwarbuff

+5,935
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    And your facts that support your conclusion?

11. childeye 2

+1,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Let me get this straight. Are you saying this agreement happened in last October and you're absolutely positive of that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for peace in the mid-east. I'm saying this could be a campaign election ploy.

12. Michie

+33,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  13. childeye 2

+1,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The fact that there's nothing definitive in the joint statement other than they're agreeing to try and work out their differences makes it a possibility. I addressed that in my first post. What does suspend declaring infer? It means to stop saying it for now.

14. Michie

+33,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  15. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+18,760
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    No, peace is a good thing. Trump taking part in that, did a good.

-CryptoLutheran

16. civilwarbuff

+5,935
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    childeye 2 said:
    asking Ukraine to investigate Biden and the 2016 election.
    Last October when it made news (actually occurred in July/Aug). You having trouble following this conversation?....I can slow down a bit.
    Diplomacy falls under the EXCLUSIVE jurisdiction of the president....least ways that's what the constitution says. He can insert himself anytime he desires.

17. civilwarbuff

+5,935
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Uh huh and it took 16 months after Begin/Sadat shook hands to sign the treaty. You have to understand they have to agree on a framework prior to drawing up the paperwork.

18. civilwarbuff

+5,935
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
  19. Michie

+33,671
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    These politicians have no shame.

20. childeye 2

+1,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    How silly of me. Thanks for the correction, I'm following you now. It was just unthinkable to me that anyone thought Trump was not intent on using Burisma to bad mouth Joe Biden.

What's your point? Just like he inserted himself in trying to get Zelensky to declare he was opening investigations into Biden, he probably requested Netanyahu to say he would suspend declaring their sovereignty over disputed territory.