• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

PCI-E 6.0 is coming right around the corner.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Neostarwcc, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc We are saved purely by the work and grace of God. Supporter

+2,917
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    For those interested in the full news here:

PCIe 6.0 Spec Release Date on Track, Version 0.5 Announced | Tom's Hardware

With both AMD and Intel working on releasing PCI-E 5.0 full support late this year this would mean that PCI-E 6.0 and 6.0 supporting products will probably come out in 2023 or 2024. As the article said, 6.0 will exist this year but that doesn't mean that its coming out. Its just coming out to developers so that they can make products for it and the products will come at a later time.

Honestly, with how fast computing is evolving in the 2020's it wouldn't surprise me what would be coming out. Right now as of this moment we don't even have Intel processors supporting PCI-E 4.0 and they're releasing 5.0 compatible processors and products late this year. Just... amazing. I remember when PCI-E was first a thing, we had 1.0 and 2.0 for over a decade, now computers are evolving to where even the enthusiasts can't keep up with the new technology coming out. I personally, don't see the point in buying a 4.0 compatible processor when 5.0 is coming at the end of the year. I can replace my processor and motherboard at the end of the year or in early 2022, don't need to use PCI-E 4.0 for less than 8 months...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,773
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    might be time to build a new rig

3. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc We are saved purely by the work and grace of God. Supporter

+2,917
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    I know. If the RTX 3000 series wasn't so impossible to get thanks to bots and covid I would upgrade my 3060 ti to some of the new cards coming out late this year. But, we all know those will be impossible to get as well. Idk for some reason I just refuse to pay 2x what a card is worth from a bot or person who got super lucky obtaining a card.

But, hopefully Covid will be over soon so all of us can get back to our lives. I'm not just looking forward to building a new rig I'm also looking forward to being able to go places without having to wear a mask everywhere. My county is lucky, we've seen less than 15 deaths this whole epidemic. But, a lot of places 15 people are dying every hour from this thing.