Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
She made an interesting statement. "Trump is a bull in a China shop for sure but a lot of that china needed to be broken." You can hear those words coming out of her mouth around the 39:30 mark.

Don't be mislead, she's fairly critical about President Trump too. I think it's an informative video for anyone interested in American politics. What comment does she make that sticks out in your mind?

Reactions: Bill Flynn

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think she was right when she said that "Trump does not have an adult relationship with the truth."

What a brilliant euphemism for saying that he's a liar.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What a brilliant euphemism for saying that he's a liar.
Actually, it is a much better description of Trump than just saying he's a liar. "Lie" generally implies a considered intention to deceive. Kelly's characterization is much broader and encompasses a childlike tendency to spin self-aggrandizing fantasies.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, it is a much better description of Trump than just saying he's a liar. "Lie" generally implies a considered intention to deceive. Kelly's characterization is much broader and encompasses a childlike tendency to spin self-aggrandizing fantasies.
I've noticed that Donald simply doesn't care whether something is true or not.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed that Donald simply doesn't care whether something is true or not.

To be honest I think that a fair number of The Donald's untruths are not deliberate lies but are rather either wishful thinking or told out of ignorance.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Now I'm about to post something startling.

...a reference to Megyn Kelley!

Her comment about the president is apt. He is abrupt and combative, but he does accomplish things that are needed, unlike his predecessor.

In a way, it is a shame that she who is obviously talented seems to have ruined her career by offending people on all sides of the political spectrum, but OTOH what a haul she made off when NBC decided to buy out her contract! She never needs to work again.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...I watched the extensive interview and here are my impressions:
  • by her own omission, she personally is not into politics (but she certainly relishes covering politics and her political media instincts are sharp)
  • her insights on Obama and Trump were spot on
  • after the first GOP debate (where she challenged Trump on his treatment of women), she describes the tension between FOX News (Roger Ailes) vs Breibart (Steve Bannon) - worth a listen..

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Her comment about the president is apt. He is abrupt and combative, but he does accomplish things that are needed, unlike his predecessor.

In a way, it is a shame that she who is obviously talented seems to have ruined her career by offending people on all sides of the political spectrum, but OTOH what a haul she made off when NBC decided to buy out her contract! She never needs to work again.

I realize this is sort of beside the point, but she could have easily retired long before then. Most anybody you see on national tv is making stupid amounts of money. IIRC, before he got canned for being a crazy borderline-racist Twitter antagonist, Curt Schilling was making a couple million a year as a part-time baseball analyst on ESPN - a position of considerably lower profile than hosting a prime time show on Fox News like Kelly did for so long.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You remember what Megyn Kelley's settlement with NBC amounted to, though--and after only a brief stint with that network. It dwarfs the Curt Schilling case.

Anyway, as a rising star (again unlike Schilling) she shot herself in the foot by being just too ambitious, the 68 million dollar settlement (or whatever it was) aside. Still, she'll probably be back in some capacity or other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You remember what Megyn Kelley's settlement with NBC amounted to, though--and after only a brief stint with that network. It dwarfs the Curt Schilling case.

Anyway, as a rising star (again unlike Schilling) she shot herself in the foot by being just too ambitious, the 68 million dollar settlement (or whatever it was) aside. Still, she'll probably be back in some capacity or other.

Her settlement was the full payout of her contract - IOW, an upfront payment of all the money she would have made at NBC had they kept her on. To be sure, a full buyout like that is a good deal for her especially considering that it didn't include a non-compete clause (so, in theory, she could've double-dipped), but that wasn't my point. My point was that she'd held a top spot at Fox for several years prior to joining NBC, and while I don't have her contract figures, hers was the sort of position that routinely pays in the 7-8-figure range. She also signed a book deal in 2016 with an advance reported to be around $5 million. So, it's safe to assume that her career earnings prior to joining NBC were at least $10 million; quite possibly a few times that.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She made an interesting statement. "Trump is a bull in a China shop for sure but a lot of that china needed to be broken." You can hear those words coming out of her mouth around the 39:30 mark.

Don't be mislead, she's fairly critical about President Trump too. I think it's an informative video for anyone interested in American politics. What comment does she make that sticks out in your mind?

I think she's too generous to the Tea Party and too forgiving of the partisanship on the right. I don't think Harry Reid was right in removing the filibuster for court nominees, but it's hard to pin all of that divisiveness on Obama and the Democrats when the Republicans were ratcheting up the partisanship to silly levels. Same thing with Obamacare.

The comparison of anti-Obama racism to the #MeToo movement seems like a good one.

I think she's too generous to Trump regarding his stoking of the "Breitbart core" with regards to the debate question. Being "a savvy politician who knows how to get elected" doesn't necessarily make someone "not a bad man". A good person - a good leader - would see that behavior among their supporters and try to correct it. McCain did that. Obama did that. Trump did not; he encouraged and exploited the bad behavior.

I agree with her comments about "the vapors." I don't like Trump and I think all of those examples she listed that people gave for removing him or disqualifying him from office are perfectly legitimate - he's a dumpster fire and they were right to be worried about him. But sometimes, the hand wringing gets to be a bit much.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

If offending ppl on all sides of the political spectrum could permanently wreck somebody's career, we'd be free of Trump right now bc he'd have wrecked his decades ago with the vile stuff he says.

You know that Megyn Kelly did the interview bc a major movie where one of the most famous actresses in modern history is portraying her, right?

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Bill Flynn

Dec 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟7,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bill Flynn

Dec 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟7,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"it is a shame that she who is obviously talented seems to have ruined her career by offending people on all sides of the political spectrum" She is offending people because it is the truth! She doesn't represent a side only the truth, without fear or favor. This country need to be more focused on what is said instead of who is saying it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"it is a shame that she who is obviously talented seems to have ruined her career by offending people on all sides of the political spectrum" She is offending people because it is the truth!

What are you referring to?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"it is a shame that she who is obviously talented seems to have ruined her career by offending people on all sides of the political spectrum" She is offending people because it is the truth! She doesn't represent a side only the truth, without fear or favor. This country need to be more focused on what is said instead of who is saying it.

yeah, okay

She had a lousy show and the straw that broke the camel's back was her defense of blackface as a halloween costume.

Upvote 0