✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Mathew 22:19-21 states:
Matthew 22:19-21 New International Version (NIV)
19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.

In 2017,I turned 63 years old. I started to receive my Social Security Benefits. I found out that our Social Security Benefits are now taxable. That was not always the case. Most of us(Mature People) have been paying into this system for the better part of our lives.
Our Social Security income should not be taxed! We have already paid our freaking taxes!!!.We have already "Rendered enough to "Ceasar!"(in our Modern Day... to Washington)

We need a Presidential Candidate, during the next Presidental Race, who would run on eliminating the income tax on Social Security Benefits! Do you agree?
Ceasar.png
Quarter.jpg

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure. But unfortunately you might be looking to enlist another candidate besides the incumbent that's there now. It's a good chance he's going to get impeached.

And just as CNN and the other liberal media outlets refuse to show anything from the conservative side, I doubt Fox News is airing the very real possibility of Trump getting ousted too. I could be wrong though. I don't watch cable news.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Mathew 22:19-21 states:
Matthew 22:19-21 New International Version (NIV)
19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.

In 2017,I turned 63 years old. I started to receive my Social Security Benefits. I found out that our Social Security Benefits are now taxable. That was not always the case. Most of us(Mature People) have been paying into this system for the better part of our lives.
Our Social Security income should not be taxed! We have already paid our freaking taxes!!!.We have already "Rendered enough to "Ceasar!"(in our Modern Day... to Washington)

We need a Presidential Candidate, during the next Presidental Race, who would run on eliminating the income tax on Social Security Benefits! Do you agree?
View attachment 249705 View attachment 249707

I agree with you. Shouldn't be having to pay tax on monies you've already paid taxes on.

That tax started in 1984, got worse in 1993 and continues to worsen because, as the following article explains, the thresholds for paying the tax, haven't been adjusted for inflation, in the past 35 years~~~> The Taxation of Social Security Benefits Has Created Quite the Dilemma -- The Motley Fool

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I expect godless people in a godless world to have godless priorities. Outliers are anomalies not the rule. I have never understood the continued hope (that will disappoint) in a government whose principles and heart are not aligned with God. Christians could accomplish much if they redirected their attention to more profitable ventures.

Pray and build something instead. Ask the Lord to give you the vision to bring it about. :)

Upvote 0

SleepingAtLast

Dec 11, 2018
Here
✟26,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is not meant to downplay anyone who looks to social security for income, but my goal is to rely on the government as little as possible, meaning that I don't want to have to rely on social security when that time comes. My goal is to be in a place financially where what happens with social security is neither here nor there. But I do agree with you that social security income should not be taxed.

Upvote 0