• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

rocky1974

Dec 6, 2017
NEW YORK
✟15,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been bailing my brother out of issues for several years now. I love him dearly but this last time cost me greatly. After sending him to rehab twice he is still ill. When he came back the last time I had him live in our basement. While we were gone for a day to visit my wife's mom he sold all sorts of things in my home. From TVs to furniture to Christmas presents even food. We came home and thought we were robbed and that he was in danger. Turned out we were right. Now hes on the run and we didn't have much to begin with and now we have have nothing. Why do these things happen? I know I am blessed to have healthy children. But this is out of control.

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi brother ....When I first repented, I lost most everything . ( close to a half million dollar home ..wife , children , family and friends since we no longer loved the same things or the same One ) No furniture , no house but a place to live ..not nice but not in my car . Afterwards, I was helping someone I met and he stole my computer ...funny thing is , I knew he was going to steal it . I did have an old truck and a small car I was still making payments on the car ..gave the truck to my brother since he told me he needed transportation ..I think he actually sold it ( but told me the engine blew ) ..soon afterwards my new car got totaled ...I don't have a TV , nor many possessions ...The end result is , more time with the Lord ..more time to pray and read scripture ..no computer means I go out to the library where I actually see people . So maybe this was a blessing for you all . Most christians spend their time at movies, watching TV, going to beach ...etc. and their service to God is going to church on Sunday ...The added blessing may be to let your brother know he needs a savior by seeing how far he has fallen ...Keep him in prayer .....it is just his eternity . Somewhere Paul wrote that they took joyfully the spoiling of all their goods. Much work to do and not many workers . Be fruitful in your service to the Lord . You will have treasures in heaven . ( Everything he stole will be burned up one day anyway. ) Grace and Peace .

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been bailing my brother out of issues for several years now. I love him dearly but this last time cost me greatly. After sending him to rehab twice he is still ill. When he came back the last time I had him live in our basement. While we were gone for a day to visit my wife's mom he sold all sorts of things in my home. From TVs to furniture to Christmas presents even food. We came home and thought we were robbed and that he was in danger. Turned out we were right. Now hes on the run and we didn't have much to begin with and now we have have nothing. Why do these things happen? I know I am blessed to have healthy children. But this is out of control.
You know what to do , but you’ll have to do it. Through tears. I will pray for you and your family.

Upvote 0