Paying For College

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am going to have to pay for college myself. I am failing math. But that is okay. I am going to keep taking math until I pass it, even if I have to take it 1000 times.

I feel you. I'm having to pay most of my college as well. As for math, definitely make use of Kahn Academy on Youtube. He has videos for pretty much any math topic you'll need. He explains things clearly, and simply. Great resource.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I feel you. I'm having to pay most of my college as well. As for math, definitely make use of Kahn Academy on Youtube. He has videos for pretty much any math topic you'll need. He explains things clearly, and simply. Great resource.

Thank you very much. I will look into that.

Reactions: 46AND2
Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am going to have to pay for college myself. I am failing math. But that is okay. I am going to keep taking math until I pass it, even if I have to take it 1000 times.
Do you know someone that would be able to help you,tutor you?I hope you can find someone that would be able to help you with math so you can pass it.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you know someone that would be able to help you,tutor you?I hope you can find someone that would be able to help you with math so you can pass it.

I do know somebody. I just haven't used them as much as I should. It is kind of my fault that I'm not doing so well in math. I have learned my lesson.

And thank you very much for your prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Many campuses have tutoring centers, professors' office hours, and other similar resources. It's also possible to form study groups with your fellow students to help each other learn the material. Have any of those resources been helpful to you?

Additionally: How much math does your major require? Is it possible to switch to a major that requires less math?

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Many campuses have tutoring centers, professors' office hours, and other similar resources. It's also possible to form study groups with your fellow students to help each other learn the material. Have any of those resources been helpful to you?

Additionally: How much math does your major require? Is it possible to switch to a major that requires less math?

Right now, I have not chosen a major to be perfectly honest. I am just working on my AA degree. But I will eventually choose a major afterwards. I just need to get a transfer degree. And the math to I'm taking it's just a prerequisite. I have to take math 88, 89, and a college math. And then after I do those things, I am done with math.

I have tutoring resources available to me and I did not use them as much as I should have. I am taking responsibility for not using the tutoring resources. But I have this issue of not wanting to bother people. It requires me to reach out to somebody in order for me to get tutoring, and I just did not want to do that.

As for study groups, I do not know any of the students to form a study group.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have tutoring resources available to me and I did not use them as much as I should have. I am taking responsibility for not using the tutoring resources. But I have this issue of not wanting to bother people. It requires me to reach out to somebody in order for me to get tutoring, and I just did not want to do that.

I understand not wanting to reach out to people, and not wanting to bother people. I'm an introvert, too. But the tutors in the college tutoring centers chose to be tutors. They really want to help students. They'll really want to help you, except that they don't know you need help unless you go to them. I know it's socially and emotionally hard, but go to the math tutors and ask for help.

I like your determination in wanting to work at math until you pass it. :)

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I understand not wanting to reach out to people, and not wanting to bother people. I'm an introvert, too. But the tutors in the college tutoring centers chose to be tutors. They really want to help students. They'll really want to help you, except that they don't know you need help unless you go to them. I know it's socially and emotionally hard, but go to the math tutors and ask for help.

Thank you very much. I will definitely do that.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

To elaborate a bit further on this, 1293: I really enjoy helping people understand things better. I'm a trainer at work, and am always happy to explain something to someone. Even if it is the same question over and over again. Many of the people who work in these tutoring centers are the same way. Many of them are studying to become teachers themselves.

You will not be a burden, in fact quite the opposite. You will make them happy when your face lights up with the "I got it now" grin. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To elaborate a bit further on this, 1293: I really enjoy helping people understand things better. I'm a trainer at work, and am always happy to explain something to someone. Even if it is the same question over and over again. Many of the people who work in these tutoring centers are the same way. Many of them are studying to become teachers themselves.

You will not be a burden, in fact quite the opposite. You will make them happy when your face lights up with the "I got it now" grin. ;)

Thank you very much for letting me know. This was very helpful.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

That's the right attitude to have, buddy.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you very much for letting me know. This was very helpful.

No problem at all. If you're in a pinch, you're welcome to PM me as well; math is my strongest subject. I do work odd hours, though, so may not be able to get back to you until late night.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No problem at all. If you're in a pinch, you're welcome to PM me as well; math is my strongest subject. I do work odd hours, though, so may not be able to get back to you until late night.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0