Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I may not agree with everything Paul Washer has to say, but I rarely hear a sermon that lovingly confronts people to live differently. He reminds me of a modern-day John the Baptist.

Radical Christians are not people who wear Christian t-shirts. Radical Christians are those who bear fruit of the Holy Spirit...A little boy, Andrew, a Muslim shot him five times through the stomach and left him on a sidewalk simply because he said, 'I am so afraid, but I can not deny Jesus Christ! Please don't kill me! But I will not deny Him!' He died in a pool of blood, and you talk about being a radical Christian because you wear a t-shirt! - Paul Washer

He gave the above sermon to a room full of kids at a youth event.

a0f681bb09c84172f7b9c7c8465f0bf1b8d2e63a.jpg

Even if you disagree with Washer's theology or style of preaching, one should at least appreciate his missionary efforts:

Washer reports converting to Christianity while studying to become an oil and gas lawyer at the University of Texas at Austin.[6][7] He moved to Peru where he became a missionary for 10 years.[8] In 1988, while in Peru,[9] Washer founded the HeartCry Missionary Society to support indigenous missionaries witnessing to people of their own culture.[10][11]
Paul Washer - Wikipedia

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is one person whom is a believer ; Paul Washer: who got me to question an became more curious to really go and seek out who the Lord Jesus Christ is, and who God was. In turn lead me to read the Gospels for myself.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may not agree with everything Paul Washer has to say, but I rarely hear a sermon that lovingly confronts people to live differently. He reminds me of a modern-day John the Baptist.

He gave the above sermon to a room full of kids at a youth event.

a0f681bb09c84172f7b9c7c8465f0bf1b8d2e63a.jpg
Honestly, it may work for some but personally I dont think genuine love for The Father grows out of man made fear. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Humble_Disciple

May 17, 2021
Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
Honestly, it may work for some but personally I dont think genuine love for The Father grows out of man made fear. Blessings.

Is that what Paul Washer was doing in this sermon?

How are people going to repent if they don't first have a conviction of sin?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what Paul Washer was doing in this sermon?

How are people going to repent if they don't first have a conviction of sin?
How are you going to come to true repentance unless you Love Him?
I've known his style of preaching for many years. His view on election is in error because he uses hate to prove it. Goes hand is hand with his style of preaching.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
he uses hate

hate is telling people exactly what they want to hear, instead of what Scripture teaches. Paul Washer tells no one what they want to hear, he tells them what Scripture teaches.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whatever the LORD pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps...

The truth is considered hatred by those who hate the truth.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hate is telling people exactly what they want to hear, instead of what Scripture teaches. Paul Washer tells no one what they want to hear, he tells them what Scripture teaches.
The Gospel is not hate.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who's "we"?

Christ Himself said "if you love Me you will follow My commands..."
His belief is everyone. total depravity.
The doctrine of total depravity asserts that people are, as a result of the fall, not inclined or even able to love God wholly with heart, mind, and strength, but rather are inclined by nature to serve their own will and desires and reject his rule.

.....tell that to Job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His belief is everyone. total depravity.
The doctrine of total depravity asserts that people are, as a result of the fall, not inclined or even able to love God wholly with heart, mind, and strength, but rather are inclined by nature to serve their own will and desires and reject his rule.

.....tell that to Job.

okay... so what does depravity have to do with the video posted?

John MacArthur holds an eschatological position I find repugnant - but I still listen to his preaching, because there's lots of things he teaches about that is simply good preaching.

I don't figure we have to agree with everything someone believes to listen to them. Paul Washer was a missionary in the 3rd world for most of his life, and his mission field is now America, because he sees the church in America in desperate need of a wake up call - and his preaching and teaching is second to none. People need to hear what he says, not dismiss him out of hand because they don't like his position on several Biblical verses dealing with one topic.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
okay... so what does depravity have to do with the video posted?

John MacArthur holds an eschatological position I find repugnant - but I still listen to his preaching, because there's lots of things he teaches about that is simply good preaching.

I don't figure we have to agree with everything someone believes to listen to them. Paul Washer was a missionary in the 3rd world for most of his life, and his mission field is now America, because he sees the church in America in desperate need of a wake up call - and his preaching and teaching is second to none. People need to hear what he says, not dismiss him out of hand because they don't like his position on several Biblical verses dealing with one topic.
There is only room for the whole truth when preaching the Gospel. Thanks for engaging.

Upvote 0