Waldorf
✟8,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I really would like some advice on what you guys think my recent dream meant. I dreamt that I was catching a charter bus somewhere (not sure where) and Paul was the bus driver. When I walked on the bus and paid my fare I didn't recognize him (I have heard of him but have never really known who he was or his importance). He called me back up to him and just told me that God is real. Then when I turned my head I saw a bright light with a figure (it had to be Jesus) he knelt in front of me and showed me his head carrying his thorned crown. Paul kept saying do you see it, he's real! I felt peace, love, and was just so overwhelmed with my emotions that I fell back and started weeping in joy. I then woke up.

What do you think that means, if anything? Quick background on me: I've always been a believer and have had an intimate realtionship with God for about 10 years now (of course with the occasional times I've placed him on the back burner). This is my first time (that I can remember) seeing him in a dream though. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I really would like some advice on what you guys think my recent dream meant. I dreamt that I was catching a charter bus somewhere (not sure where) and Paul was the bus driver. When I walked on the bus and paid my fare I didn't recognize him (I have heard of him but have never really known who he was or his importance). He called me back up to him and just told me that God is real. Then when I turned my head I saw a bright light with a figure (it had to be Jesus) he knelt in front of me and showed me his head carrying his thorned crown. Paul kept saying do you see it, he's real! I felt peace, love, and was just so overwhelmed with my emotions that I fell back and started weeping in joy. I then woke up.

What do you think that means, if anything? Quick background on me: I've always been a believer and have had an intimate realtionship with God for about 10 years now (of course with the occasional times I've placed him on the back burner). This is my first time (that I can remember) seeing him in a dream though. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Seems to be true, honestly. From what you've said, the dream is God strengthening your faith.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seems to be true, honestly. From what you've said, the dream is God strengthening your faith.

Careful brother. Dreams, visions, etc are typically vetted by Bishops before being considered true.

We can easily be deceived in our dreams by the servants of the enemy.

As for the OP: I haven't a clue. I wouldn't take it too seriously - just continue being Christian.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would talk to the Lord about it, sister. Ask Him for the interpretation. It seems like it could be biblical, but when it comes to dreams and visions, I wouldn't take any chances.

Reactions: Chantelle S
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's pretty specific, Christian, and straight forward. I'd pray about it. Perhaps God is urging you to more fully appreciate the suffering and Divine Mercy of Christ.

Upvote 0

Chantelle S

Apr 14, 2018
Waldorf
✟8,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's pretty specific, Christian, and straight forward. I'd pray about it. Perhaps God is urging you to more fully appreciate the suffering and Divine Mercy of Christ.
Thank you. That makes sense. I guess I was curious as to why Paul appeared to me. Prior to the dream I really didn't know much about him. It wasn't until afterwards I started trying to figure out who he was and why he came to me.

Upvote 0

Chantelle S

Apr 14, 2018
Waldorf
✟8,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would talk to the Lord about it, sister. Ask Him for the interpretation. It seems like it could be biblical, but when it comes to dreams and visions, I wouldn't take any chances.
Thank you for your response. I definitely will! God bless!

• Prayers
Reactions: thesunisout
Upvote 0

Chantelle S

Apr 14, 2018
Waldorf
✟8,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was a very powerful moment! Thank you for your response. God bless!

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Other people I have heard say that in a dream Jesus appeared to them as a light and then from within the light they saw his face. Paul as a bus driver is a bit odd LOL. But anyway,be it either a dream or vision you won't soon forget it will you ?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didn't recognize him (I have heard of him but have never really known who he was or his importance)
If you mean you don't know much about Paul in real life, then perhaps the dream is suggesting that you begin to study his writings in the Bible, that they will help you understand the love of God and what Christ accomplished for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maybe Paul appeared in your dream because, like it or not, from what we see in the Bible, he was a "driving force" in the first major expansions of the Church as they took the Gospel of Jesus Christ into the rest of the world outside of Israel.

And of course, in your dream, Jesus was there with him, which if we think about it, very much fits with what we do see in the history of Paul's life. Paul, like Peter, was chosen by Christ Himself, but in Paul's case, it was to carry the gospel to the rest of the world ... (as is clearly seen in the Book of Acts in the New Testament).

So, that's my 'feeling' about your dream. Good dream, really. :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paul kept saying do you see it, he's real!

I don't think Paul would have to say that more than once before I fall down to the ground with my face deep into the dirt?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Your post is a little confusing because, on the one hand, you said of Paul: "I have heard of him but have never really known who he was or his importance." But you said of God: "I've always been a believer and have had an intimate realtionship with God for about 10 years now." Most people who have an intimate relationship with God know a lot about Paul - they've read his letters. The first thing that comes to my mind is that maybe the Lord wants you to read those letters.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I personally think Christians evaluating their dreams is a slippery slope. I think that since it is so much of our subconscious mind in dreams they could mean anything. I am surprised so many Christians give them the time of day.

It seems to me that people are somewhat desperate to feel like they are hearing from God that they marks a big deal out of any dream that seems to be about God in any fashion.

I think it’s misleading and not a good thing for faith at all. Even trying to evaluate dreams at all I think is not good for a Christian. Stick with facts.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your post is a little confusing because, on the one hand, you said of Paul: "I have heard of him but have never really known who he was or his importance." But you said of God: "I've always been a believer and have had an intimate realtionship with God for about 10 years now." Most people who have an intimate relationship with God know a lot about Paul - they've read his letters. The first thing that comes to my mind is that maybe the Lord wants you to read those letters.
I found the Paul thing a little odd too.

If someone knows the New Testament at all, they know who Paul is.

This is a good reason for the OP to read some of the Bible that Paul wrote and see if there dream follows what Paul wrote about God’s Word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I personally think Christians evaluating their dreams is a slippery slope. I think that since it is so much of our subconscious mind in dreams they could mean anything. I am surprised so many Christians give them the time of day.

It seems to me that people are somewhat desperate to feel like they are hearing from God that they marks a big deal out of any dream that seems to be about God in any fashion.

I think it’s misleading and not a good thing for faith at all. Even trying to evaluate dreams at all I think is not good for a Christian. Stick with facts.

Yes, it's a slippery slope. But, we don't want to completely exclude the possibility that God could use a dream to offer impressions that will help a person build an emotional rapport for the idea of 'seeking' more of His Truth as it actually is in Christ. So, sure, we probably don't want to make a regular habit of resorting to all of the dreams we have to help us decide truth or direction in our lives, but at the same time, we might remain mindful that God has given each of us our brains and these are at His disposal to impart helpful ideas as He sees fit. It can happen.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jerri
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it's a slippery slope. But, we don't want to completely exclude the possibility that God could use a dream to offer impressions that will help one build an emotional rapport to the idea of 'seeking' more of His Truth as it actually is in Christ. So, sure, we probably don't want to make a regular habit out of resorting to dreams we have to help us decide 'truth' in our lives, but at the same time, we might be mindful that gave has given us our brains and each of our minds are at His disposal to impart helpful ideas as He may see fit. It can happen.
Me and God have an understanding, per se through my prayers and how He communicates with me. I ask God to ‘hit me over the head with a cast iron frying pan’ so to speak when He is trying to tell me something.

I think of that Bible verse that talks about how a tree can sway anyway the wind blows when not grounded in truth.

This is the way I look at it. The things that I consider a gray area in what might or might not be God’s Truth i don’t dabble in unless God as I previously said shows me in no uncertain terms, ie ‘hits me over the head with a cast iron frying pan’ in a big way.

Otherwise, IMHO, it is too easy to be swayed like a tree whose branches flow with the wind. Everyday in Every direction. Constantly in fluctuation. Grounded in little.

I base my Christian faith much more on the Bible and it’s Truth rather than my feelings or something that could be or could not be. I consider those things ‘distractions’ from Truth.

I don’t exclude anything, but not do I give it any thought. God gives us the things to ground ourselves in like faith, love, God’s Word and obedience. Those are my focus.

Again, just IMHO.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, it's a slippery slope. But, we don't want to completely exclude the possibility that God could use a dream to offer impressions that will help one build an emotional rapport to the idea of 'seeking' more of His Truth as it actually is in Christ. So, sure, we probably don't want to make a regular habit out of resorting to dreams we have to help us decide 'truth' in our lives, but at the same time, we might be mindful that gave has given us our brains and each of our minds are at His disposal to impart helpful ideas as He may see fit. It can happen.

True but I would enter with much caution. For we have the Bible now to guide us.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True but I would enter with much caution. For we have the Bible now to guide us.
M-Bob

I can understand some of that. But where in the Bible does it say that it will be "a Bible" that will be the absolute only posit of God's Truth in the World at large? [And by this question, I'm not implying that other World Religions somehow also count as equivalent forms of God's Truth in Christ.]

Upvote 0