BobY777

Feb 24, 2015
✟8,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After Paul received his sight the Bible says in Acts 9:20:

And straightway he (Paul) preached Christ in the synagogues, that Jesus is the Son of God.

Well, All Paul knew about at that time was The Good News of the Kingdom of God. Paul knew nothing about the Grace of God.

Q: So isn’t it safe for me to say that Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom of God to the Jews in the synagogues. And any preaching that he did would have done (before Arabia) would be a Kingdom gospel?

Q: Is it reasonable to say that Paul was saved by the Kingdom gospel, since he didn’t know about the Grace gospel yet?

Q: Jesus revealed to Paul the gospel of the Grace of God over 3 years in the Arabian desert. After this revelation, did Paul preach a Kingdom gospel to the Jews and a Grace gospel to gentiles? And later he switched over to preaching a grace gospel to both Jews and gentiles?

Thanks much for your help,

Bob Young

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

And straightway he (Paul) preached Christ in the synagogues, that Jesus is the Son of God.

Well, All Paul knew about at that time was The Good News of the Kingdom of God. Paul knew nothing about the Grace of God.

Q: So isn’t it safe for me to say that Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom of God to the Jews in the synagogues. And any preaching that he did would have done (before Arabia) would be a Kingdom gospel?

Q: Is it reasonable to say that Paul was saved by the Kingdom gospel, since he didn’t know about the Grace gospel yet?

Q: Jesus revealed to Paul the gospel of the Grace of God over 3 years in the Arabian desert. After this revelation, did Paul preach a Kingdom gospel to the Jews and a Grace gospel to gentiles? And later he switched over to preaching a grace gospel to both Jews and gentiles?

Bob Young

Paul knew more than is recorded in Acts. He said to the Corinthians that he received the establishment of the Eucharist from Jesus:

1Co 11:23 - For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you...

Though he does not say when he received it. He would have needed that knowledge when he preached in Arabia to establish Churches there.

He would not later have changed to some other teaching of kingdom or grace.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Acts 9:20. At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God.
How much significance should be placed on this point that Paul immediately began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God? First, consider the evidence that came out at the trial of Jesus Christ.

John 19:5-7. Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate said unto them, Behold the man! When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
Pilate said unto them, you take him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

At a public trial, the testimony of His accusers was that Jesus must die for claiming to be the Son of God. Now the man who was previously persecuting the church, one of high esteem among the religious leadership, was preaching this very thing! This is an extraordinary turn of events, that the one who was identified and accepted by the original disciples as the "apostle to the gentiles", would first boldly preach in the synagogues of every place he visited.

For many have come before and after claiming to be a messiah, a fact of which has often been attested. For messianic Jews to simply proclaim Yeshua haMashiach in Israel or anywhere in the world is nothing new under the sun. If you want to stir up the status quo, preach the Son of God.

Before appearing at the judgment seat of Pilate, Jesus was examined by the High Priest, along with the scribes and elders. Many false witnesses came forward to accuse Jesus, but none of the charges held. Then the High Priest played his trump card:

Matthew 26:63-66. But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He has spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.

And so the religious authorities found Jesus guilty of blasphemy and worthy of death for claiming to be the Son of God. Then Saul, upon his conversion immediately preached this in the synagogues, thereby, bringing the same charge against himself. Then he gave this testimony of himself before his conversion.

1 Tim 1:13. Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
This is his conversion, to embrace what was called blasphemy, and reject what was before:
Acts 22:3. I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

The Lord Jesus Christ expects us to preach His Blasphemy, for this is the most excellent glory that He received:
2 Peter 1:17. For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 10:36. Do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Acts 19:8 He (Paul) went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the Kingdom of God

Acts 28: 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Acts 28: 30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Bob Young
You are making some pretty big assumptions that simply are not there.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Bob Young
The Kingdom gospel is the grace gospel is the life gospel. You can't separate them except by engaging in intellectual trickery. We are saved from something and into something. Fundamentally we are saved from sin, self, the sin nature, Satan and the world system. Like the fruit of the Spirit, they are aspects of the one complete salvation.

All these aspects have an immediate and an outworking component. When we receive Christ, we get all that God is ever going to give us. We have no idea what that means when we first get saved. We are like infants with all the potential of what we can become as adults. It is not automatic. We have to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus (2 Peter 3:18)

This truth applied to the apostle Paul just as much as anyone else, hence his time of learning prior to being sent to minister as an apostle. Paul knew about grace. He'd been murdering God's people and suddenly was transformed. That is not just an intellectual change, it is a transformation of the heart. The people he hated, he now loved. Once he was a killer, now he was willing to give up his life for the lost. The gospel he bitterly opposed he now preached.

Some people are confused about the so-called Kingdom gospel. The Lord Jesus told us what it is, in both word and deed. Luke 4:18 is the word. Healing the sick, helping the poor, raising the dead and driving out demons is what He did. The great miracles that He did confirmed His love, authority and power. We could do with kingdom preaching in our day. We could do with Life preaching today. We limit church growth when we emphasise only the grace aspect of our salvation.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Bob Young

Graciousness has always been an important character of God that He showed throughout the Bible. For example, in Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law. In Genesis 6:8-9, it says that Noah found grace in the eyes of God and that he was a righteous man, so he was saved by grace through faith in the same one and only way as everyone else.

Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent from our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand (Matthew 4:17-23) and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is an integral part of the Gospel of the Kingdom, which Jesus prophesied would be proclaimed to the nations (Matthew 24:12-14). In Acts 15:4, Paul said that OT writings were for our instructions and in 15:18-19, his Gospel message involved bringing Gentiles to full obedience in word and in deed, so his Gospel was on the same page in regard to teaching repentance from our sins., so the Gospel of the Kingdom is the same message as the Gospel of Grace.

• Agree
Reactions: JLHargus
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Bob Young

Grace means favor ... the grace (favor) of God has been shown in both the old and new testament. Paul was very aware about the favor (grace) of God through OT scriptures and also by the teachings of Jesus.

God's grace (favor) has been since Genesis ...

Here is a list of many (not all are inclusive)

What Does the Bible Say About Favor?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul ceased from being a theologian the day he met Jesus on the Damascus Road. Acts 9.
He spoke of Grace, Forgiveness and Salvation as his direct experience, not something he studied at Yeshiva. He repented. He received the Spirit of Truth.
1 Timothy 1:15. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
That is real talk.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So why did Jesus especially, and Paul teach the Gospel of the Kingdom?

The OT prophesied much about the coming of Jesus and that salvation would come through Him (through His sacrifice) once for all time.

The plan of salvation was/is revealed through the OT sanctuary system (pointing to the sacrifice of the TRUE lamb) .... and pointing to the sanctuary (the kingdom that is in heaven) where God dwells ... not made with mans hands.

Jesus teaching provided many many more details about the kingdom in heaven and also many more details about many other things.

The true sanctuary is in heaven and is Gods kingdom (where He dwells) and when He returns He will take all the saved there.

Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was written in all the Scriptures (OT) about Himself.

It's all about Jesus .... He has been with mankind since He created us revealing Himself to all generations in many different ways.

• Agree
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The OT prophesied much about the coming of Jesus and that salvation would come through Him (through His sacrifice) once for all time.
Thank you for the response, but were not the Jews looking for a physical King/warrior not a sacrifice. Who changed that belief?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for the response, but were not the Jews looking for a physical King/warrior not a sacrifice. Who changed that belief?

Yeah ... well many were in error in that belief and others ... and Jesus was constantly correcting them (especially the Sadducees & Pharisees) of their errors in regard to the Word of God. They missed things, and misinterpreted things as well. Still goes on today.

A large part of Jesus' ministry was to correct mis-beliefs, errors in teaching,such as the errors of bringing the traditions of men into the teachings, and He also provided in depth details/meanings about scriptures in the OT.

It wasn't changed it was there and they either missed it or ignored it.

Zechariah 9:9

See, your King comes to you,
righteous and victorious,
humble and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Jesus was constantly correcting them of their "mis teachings" mis understanding of scripture.

such as He did here:

The Witness of Scripture
(Luke 16:19-31)

John 5 - Jesus speaking

39You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.41I do not accept glory from men, 42but I know you, that you do not have the love of God within you. 43I have come in My Father’s name, and you have not received Me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44How can you believe if you accept glory from one another, yet do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?45Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. 46If you had believed Moses, you would believe Me, because he wrote about Me. 47But since you do not believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?”

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The ability to rightly divide the Word of Truth is distorted by our own expectations. Many people were looking for a King, as an expression of their own desire.
Many present the Gospel as the way to go to heaven when you die, because that is what people want to hear. The Gospel as presented by the apostolic doctrine was 'empowered to live in holiness and righteousness all the days of our life.' Why? Because Jesus preached a coming resurrection and judgment. Not die and go to heaven. To stand at the judgment.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Three clear passages stating Paul spent much of his time expounding on the Gospel of the Kingdom. It would then seem that had he done so, which I believe he did, that there would have been be a book or at least a letter written dedicated to just that alone. Yet no sign of one. Could it be it would not have been convenient to Gentiles who assembled the NT and were founding a religion to have such a document exist? The Kingdom is after all contrary to the ways of man, especially man building their own kingdom.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am aware of what Jesus told the thief on the cross. And yet, Jesus didn't go to heaven when he died,
he went to Hades. Is there not a part of Hades, where people are comforted, not tormented. Where poor Lazarus found himself after he died. What is call Abraham's bosom.
Luke 16:25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

Upvote 0