Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Continued from: Romans Chapter 16

Galatians 1 (CLV)

1 Paul, an apostle (not from men, neither through a man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, Who rouses Him from among the dead), 2 and all the brethren with me, to the ecclesias of Galatia:" 3 Grace to you and peace from God, our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 Who gives Himself for our sins, so that He might extricate us out of the present wicked eon, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to Whom be glory for the eons of the eons. Amen! 6 I am marveling that thus, swiftly, you are transferred from that which calls you in the grace of Christ, to a different evangel, 7 which is not another, except it be that some who are disturbing you want also to distort the evangel of Christ."

Some who are disturbing them at the Church of Galatia.

Who would/could be disturbing them, and how?

They also want to distort Messiah's teaching.

Who would set out to do that? What would be their motive?

Which teaching(s)?

8 But if ever we also, or a messenger out of heaven, should be bringing an evangel to you beside that which we bring to you, let him be anathema!" 9 As we have declared before and at present I am saying again, if anyone is bringing you an evangel beside that which you accepted, let him be anathema!" 10 For, at present, am I persuading men or God? Or am I seeking to please men? If I still pleased men, I were not a slave of Christ."

Apparently this teaching comes from men, not YHWH. Apparently this teaching pleases men. Which men?

11 For I am making known to you, brethren, as to the evangel which is being brought by me, that it is not in accord with man."

This clearly has something to do with the teachings of men.

12 For neither did I accept it from a man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ." 13 For you hear of my behavior once, in Judaism, that I inordinately persecuted the ecclesia of God and ravaged it."

It appears that these men are Jewish. Paul is teaching the message of Messiah. He was Pharisee when he was disturbing Yahshua's disciples.

(CLV) Php 3:5
in circumcision the eighth day, of the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews, in relation to law, a Pharisee,

Yahshua rebuked the Pharisees for transgressing YHWH's Law because of their man made laws.

(CLV) Mt 15:1
Then, coming to Jesus from Jerusalem are Pharisees and scribes, saying,

(CLV) Mt 15:2
"Wherefore are your disciples transgressing the tradition of the elders? For they are not washing their hands whenever they may be eating bread."

(CLV) Mt 15:3
Now He, answering, said to them, "Wherefore are you also transgressing the precept of God because of your tradition?

14 And I progressed in Judaism above many contemporaries in my race, being inherently exceedingly more zealous for the traditions of my fathers." 15 Now, when it delights God, Who severs me from my mother's womb and calls me through His grace, 16 to unveil His Son in me that I may be evangelizing Him among the nations, I did not immediately submit it to flesh and blood, 17 neither came I up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I came away into Arabia, and I return again to Damascus." 18 Thereupon, after three years, I came up to Jerusalem to relate my story to Cephas, and I stay with him fifteen days." 19 Yet I became acquainted with no one different from the apostles, except James, the brother of the Lord." 20 Now what I am writing to you, lo! in God's sight, I say that I am not lying." 21 Thereupon I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22 Yet I was unknown by face to the ecclesias of Judea which are in Christ. 23 Yet only they were hearing that "He who once was persecuting us, now is evangelizing the faith which once he ravaged." 24 And they glorified God in me.

Paul opens up this letter as a warning not to be pressured into following the Pharisees; but to follow the Law of YHWH, as Yahshua taught.

Paul on the Law: Galatians 2

Last edited: