• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Paul Manafort Rescued From Rikers by Deputy Attorney General

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tulc, Jun 18, 2019.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+13,114
    Christian
    Married
    Paul Manafort Rescued From Rikers by Deputy Attorney General
    Wow...a rich Republican connected to the President getting special treatment. I'm shocked.
    :yawn:
    tulc(no really...) :swoon:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WherevertheWindblows

WherevertheWindblows Well-Known Member

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  3. tulc

+13,114
    Christian
    Married
    ...and the fact that he's rich, Republican and has ties to President Trump had no bearing on the decision at all? :scratch:
    tulc(finds the governments ability to "show mercy" happens a lot more often when those other three factors are in the mix) :sorry:

4. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Didn't Jussie Smollett and Paul Manafort both commit 16 felonies?
    Jussie is a rich Democrat with no ties to Trump, why can mercy be shown to Jussie only?

5. tulc

+13,114
    Christian
    Married
    ...I wasn't aware Mr Smollett had been tried, convicted and sentenced? I was under the impression the charges were dropped? And I'm curious if the number two man in the Justice department personally stepped in to direct what should be done with Mr Smollett? Regardless this thread is about Mr Manafort, so I'd suggest if you'd like to discuss Mr. Smolletts case you should start a thread about him. :wave:
    tulc(hopes WherevertheWindblows vacation is a lot of fun!) :clap:

6. Newtheran

Newtheran Well-Known Member

+415
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    The real question being why the dominant political party in New York was trying to send a 70 year old accused white collar criminal to a prison full of violent felons and then place him in solitary confinement for his own safety.

7. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+1,938
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
  8. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,222
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time," does not apply to the wealthy and well connected, regardless of party affiliation.

9. tulc

+13,114
    Christian
    Married
    You mean keeping someone convicted of a crime where they keep people convicted of a crime? Oh yeah, it's a head scratcher alright. :scratch:
    tulc(is drinking coffee and scratching his head all at the same time) :coffee: :scratch:

10. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He was assigned to Rikers prison? One of the most dangerous prisons in the U.S at 70 years old?

11. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married

You brought in rich Republican sometimes you need to contrast that against rich Democrat to see if it always works.

12. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Bingo

13. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on...

+2,955
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Unless you are talking about someone guilty of the crime of having once worked for President Trump. Then the American left in general hates them with far more passion than they could ever generate for rapist, child molesters, murderers, drug lords and dealers, human traffickers, or terrorist.

14. Sparagmos

+1,938
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No, he was assigned to a high security prison in Arizona with a bunch of super violent offenders, where he almost died due to lack of medical care. He was not given the mercy manaforte was. Why would someone convicted of a crime in AZ be assigned to Rikers?

15. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You believe the prison your father was sent to at his age should be among one of the top 10 most dangerous prisons in the U.S?

I didn't see it listed, did I miss it?

16. tulc

+13,114
    Christian
    Married
    you mean the people who've been convicted of federal crimes who now face state charges that are then kept at Rikers Island pending trial...unless you're a friend of President Trump and a rich Republican of course? I wonder if a President Trump supporter can name 6-8 other 70 year old convicted felons President Trumps DoJ has stepped in to "show some mercy" too? :scratch:
    tulc(would be interested in in seeing that list) :wave:

17. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,729
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    While I do think this was the right call, the danger of Rikers or the age of the suspect should have nothing to do with it. If you commit a crime in NYC, you go to Rikers to await trial. I do think that instead Manafort should be held in the federal MCC in NYC instead, but that's because the whole point of pretrial confinement is to make sure they show up, and he's a federal prisoner.

18. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I will definitely keep an eye on the story, this just in about it today.

FBI, warned early and often that Manafort file might be fake, used it anyway

19. Sparagmos

+1,938
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I’m not sure why you are fixated on top 10 lists. Or are you just trying to goad me?

20. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You addressed me in post #7 yes?