Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Can you imagine how many millions of dollars people gave to TBN thinking it was going to ministry, only to fund Crouch's lavish lifestyle?
I don't agree with a lavish lifestyle but God is his judge not us. When our imaginations turn into criticizing others in the way they do what they do then we step over a line into the same area that we are accusing them of. God gave us an imagination and we use it to cricitize????? That's pretty lavish thinking of our self....that we would have handled things better if God had only given it to us instead of him. Silly God!

I have friends who are in ministry and they say they use to criticize him too...but they kept running into strong Christians who'd heard the gospel the first time via TBN.

When you reach as many souls for Jesus and you reach perfection with your finances then you can throw stones.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't agree with a lavish lifestyle but God is his judge not us. When our imaginations turn into criticizing others in the way they do what they do then we step over a line into the same area that we are accusing them of. God gave us an imagination and we use it to cricitize????? That's pretty lavish thinking of our self....that we would have handled things better if God had only given it to us instead of him. Silly God!

I have friends who are in ministry and they say they use to criticize him too...but they kept running into strong Christians who'd heard the gospel the first time via TBN.

When you reach as many souls for Jesus and you reach perfection with your finances then you can throw stones.

Is criticism a sin?
How many have been "saved" as a result of TBN? Maybe millions; maybe zero. We can't know anyone's heart.

We can know the fruit of the Paul Crouch's life, and it isn't pretty.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Is criticism a sin?
Criticism of others, Yes, it is sin!

We can know the fruit of the Paul Crouch's life, and it isn't pretty.
Not so. We may think what we think we know is what the Father thinks but only when we all stand before the Father and all our work is judged by fire will we truly know what the fruit of Paul Crouch's life is. I think though that most of will be more concerned about the fruit or lack there of from our own lives will prove by that fire. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just found out of Paul Crouch's passing by reading this thread and find it totally dishonorable and abhorant that someone professing the same faith as me is actually aplauding his death, jumping up and down with glee, and relishing this news with such hatred. It doesn't surprise me, but it does sicken me. The very least you could do is wait a week.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just found out of Paul Crouch's passing by reading this thread and find it totally dishonorable and abhorant that someone professing the same faith as me is actually aplauding his death, jumping up and down with glee, and relishing this news with such hatred. It doesn't surprise me, but it does sicken me. The very least you could do is wait a week.
QFT
:amen:

Upvote 0

bushinoki

Servant of the Most High
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Amen. And Amen. I don't agree with Crouch's theology, but I'm not celebrating his death either. It is not for us to judge, leave that to God.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found it quite sad myself. I still do.

I've made no attempt to hide my belief that the lot of them are lost. I can't tell you how upset I am for his sake. There is absolutely no joy or satisfaction of any kind in what happened. I've been quite disturbed lately. I don't know how else to say it.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Really? 1 Hezekiah 9:17?

Um...there is no book of Hezekiah in the Bible. If you're referring to something Hezekiah did then we need to examine exactly what it was that Hezekiah did and who exactly it was that he did it to. We also need to seek God to find out if HE has replaced Hezekiah with you.

You have no right deciding who is and is not God's people. You could be wrong and then you would be guilty of gossip and slander of God's people. Not very solid ground to be on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I found it quite sad myself. I still do.

I've made no attempt to hide my belief that the lot of them are lost. I can't tell you how upset I am for his sake. There is absolutely no joy or satisfaction of any kind in what happened. I've been quite disturbed lately. I don't know how else to say it.

Well, when you get to heaven I'm sure there will be a lot of people surprised to see you there too ;) Some will be surprised to see me too.

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Um...there is no book of Hezekiah in the Bible. ...

I think that was the point. IOW, the poster is sarcastically responding to the claim that criticism is a sin by saying, "Where does Scripture say that, 1 Hez. 9:17?" The meaning is that if someone is going to dogmatically assert that criticism is a sin, they need to back it up with Scripture, and by citing a nonexistent verse, the poster is saying he doesn't expect it to happen.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well said

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I think that was the point. IOW, the poster is sarcastically responding to the claim that criticism is a sin by saying, "Where does Scripture say that, 1 Hez. 9:17?" The meaning is that if someone is going to dogmatically assert that criticism is a sin, they need to back it up with Scripture, and by citing a nonexistent verse, the poster is saying he doesn't expect it to happen.

Titus 3:2
Phil 4:8
Matt 7:12
Exodus 20:16
Romans 12:10
Eph 4:29 - 32
John 15:12
Prov 24:17
Romans 15:1-2
Col 3:12-14
Matt 6:14, 15
1 Peter 2:17
1 Cor 13:4-13
Matt 7:3-5
1 John 4:20
Mark 12:31
1 Cor 13:13
Romans 12:17-21
John 13:34
Matt 12:36-37
Eph 4:29
James 1:26
1 Peter 2:1
Prov 19:5

I did not say that criticism in and of itself is sin....criticism of our brothers and sisters in the Lord is. It's not wrong to call wrong wrong, but it is wrong to assume that one knows for a fact that Paul Crouch is in hell and all the people who have come to the Lord via Paul Crouchs preaching are not really saved at all. According to scripture any who calls upon the Lord will be saved.

When we treat others the opposite of the way scripture tells us to treat others we are walking and talking in disobedience. That's a sign that we do not love God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength. So,
we need to spend more time critiquing our own walks instead of the walks of others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, when you get to heaven I'm sure there will be a lot of people surprised to see you there too ;) Some will be surprised to see me too.

Unfortunately, I am convinced my suspicions are accurate, but if not I'll likely be asking him how he could have done the things he did for so long.

Upvote 0