Paul: "Christ is our Life" Colossians 3:4.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ lived in obedience to God's law, so that is also what it looks like when he is living through us. God's law is His instructions for how to love Him and our neighbor, but he wants to love instead of obeying God's instructions for how to do that. In Matthew 4:17-23, Christ began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, and God's law is how his audience knew what sin is, yet that is the Gospel that he rejects.
I have found that my striving to do good gets in the way of the Lord.

It is bet to own our death with Him on the cross. We got fired. We got dismissed. We lost our job entirely.
Now like the wife who doesn't even want to deal with the pesky sales person at the door. She simply calls out to her husbnad - " Honey would you come and talk to this person?"

When the demand comes upon us it is best to turn immediately to the Lord within and let Him deal with the matter.
This is the way to say "Not I but Christ."
This is the way to say "I live by faith in Christ. Christ who loved me and gave Himself for me."

"I" is out of the way.
"I" is crucified with Christ.
Yet, not too fast - the NEW "I" is Christ that lives in me.
The new ego is the "I" mingled with Christ.

Nooooooo confidence in the flesh - PERIOD.
Not to mention the bad flesh - no confidence in the good flesh either.
All confidence in Christ who lives in me.

"For we are the circumcision, the ones who serve by the Spirit of God and boast in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh." (Philippians 3:3)

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have found that my striving to do good gets in the way of the Lord.

It is bet to own our death with Him on the cross. We got fired. We got dismissed. We lost our job entirely.
Now like the wife who doesn't even want to deal with the pesky sales person at the door. She simply calls out to her husbnad - " Honey would you come and talk to this person?"

When the demand comes upon us it is best to turn immediately to the Lord within and let Him deal with the matter.
This is the way to say "Not I but Christ."
This is the way to say "I live by faith in Christ. Christ who loved me and gave Himself for me."

"I" is out of the way.
"I" is crucified with Christ.
Yet, not too fast - the NEW "I" is Christ that lives in me.
The new ego is the "I" mingled with Christ.

Nooooooo confidence in the flesh - PERIOD.
Not to mention the bad flesh - no confidence in the good flesh either.
All confidence in Christ who lives in me.

"For we are the circumcision, the ones who serve by the Spirit of God and boast in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh." (Philippians 3:3)

In Hebrews 1:3, the Son is the exact image of God's nature, so among other things, he is the personification of righteousness expressed through living in sinless obedience to God's law. So all righteous acts in obedience to God's law testify about his righteousness and there is no righteousness apart from the nature of who he is. Doing what is righteous in obedience to God's instructions in accordance with the example that Christ set for us to follow is the way to turn to him, to have faith in the nature of who he is, and to say not I but Christ.

Upvote 0