Paul:A Precedent for Grace

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Paul:A Precedent for Grace

1Tim 1:12-16 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners— of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

Why did God chose Paul? He chose him as a precedent of grace. Salvation was not granted apart from repentance. But through Paul we note that God's invitation extends to all - regardless of their past.

Consider the grace given to Paul. Not only was he given salvation and all that comes with it. He was given a prominent place in the ministry. And his letters compose much of the New Testament. So if you feel unworthy as a Christian to do ministry, follow the precedent Paul set as the chief of sinners and stop with the lame excuses. God gives grace to all believers to do effective ministry regardless of their past. And work hard at it.

1Cor 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them— yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

What effect has the grace of God had on you?

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources