Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Wow, let the entire population of the world burn and be destroyed so long as we protect that unborn residing in *someone else's* body. These last few posts only exemplify how the typical "pro-life" position doesn't care at all about life once it's been born, or about all the people who are already here.

Most people aren't pro-abortion, but many of us do understand the need to keep it safe and legal while at the same time supporting programs that reduce the need for them. In any case, the *government* shouldn't be making medical decisions for people.

The ends do not justify the means.

If you truly want to reduce abortions, support social programs and policies that educate people about birth control, and provide quality help and assistance for pregnancies, paid extended family leave, financial help for single mothers in raising these children, quality foster care, etc. Help people *afford* to raise children. Help make this world a safe and enriching place for children in their communities.

But no, I suppose it's easiest just to be vitriolic and hateful.

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dont deny anyone anything. You think that Your political [party is so holy, but its not, its far from it.

Not holy, no. Just not pro-holocaust.

Im done with this discussion, i gave up politics along with religion

I think we've both stated our positions and said our peace.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
.....Most people aren't pro-abortion, but many of us do understand the need to keep it safe and legal while at the same time supporting programs that reduce the need for them. In any case, the *government* shouldn't be making medical decisions for people......

I'm just going to let this speak for itself. I ask again, what has happened to this Church generation?

Now the taking of an innocent human life is reduced to a "medical decision." Now sucking a baby's brains out through a high powered vacuum needle is "a need" which we'll "try" to reduce. Now the murder of a conscious, pain-feeling, unborn child is considered "safe."

If this isn't an indication of a 21st century liberal influenced church, I don't know what is.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm just going to let this speak for itself. I ask again, what has happened to this Church generation?

Now the taking of an innocent human life is reduced to a "medical decision." Now sucking a baby's brains out through a high powered vacuum needle is "a need" which we'll "try" to reduce. Now the murder of a conscious, pain-feeling, unborn child is considered "safe."

If this isn't an indication of a 21st century liberal influenced church, I don't know what is.

Because it *is* a medical decision and it doesn't belong to the government to decide.

Life isn't simply about trying to pump as many humans into the world as we possibly can in order to see how many we can fit into it until it pops. Quality of life is also important, and when over half of the children already existing are suffering and impoverished and the so-called "pro-life" movement couldn't give a flip about any of them, you have no moral ground whatsoever on which to rest your case. What *has* happened to the church that we idolize political ideology while so much life on this earth continues to groan and suffer? Maybe walk in someone else's shoes besides your own once in a while and maybe your eyes can be opened to all the great, desperate need of people going on *outside* a womb...one that doesn't even belong to you.

If you *truly* want to reduce abortions, then direct your fervor productively into supporting programs and policies that actually *help* people live good, quality lives without the misery, poverty, violence, and death that so many our children experience every day, but again, that's far too difficult than vitriol and ideological idolatry.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because it *is* a medical decision and it doesn't belong to the government to decide....

Actually, according to the Bible, this is exactly government's decision. This is not a medical decision, this is a murder of an innocent human being. Governments express purpose is to stop this (Romans 13).

Something tells me if a doctor tried to label you a medical decision, and chased you with a brain sucking needle you'd be up in arms. Something tells me you wouldn't just lay down and accept your new identity. You're very brave with the lives of others, I'm noticing.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Down the slippery slope from patriotism to nationalism to nativism.

What is your beef with nationalism or nativism?
Nationalism is patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
or an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of
superiority over other countries.

Nativism is the political policy of promoting the interests of native
inhabitants against those of immigrants.

Is the US better, the same as or worse than other nations?
Would you promote the interests of immigrants or foreign nations
over that of the US and its citizens?

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is your beef with nationalism or nativism?
Nationalism is patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
or an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of
superiority over other countries.

Nativism is the political policy of promoting the interests of native
inhabitants against those of immigrants.

Is the US better, the same as or worse than other nations?
Would you promote the interests of immigrants or foreign nations
over that of the US and its citizens?

Good point. I think most of these guys are using "nationalism" as synonymous with racism. Interestingly, many of them believe native americans should be given back the country, which in essence is racist nationalism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmmmm. Like what?
Any church doctrine that claims to be first church, or the real church, i reject that claim. I also reject politics in the church, although i would be against abortion, but politics does a lot of harm to the body as well.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any church doctrine that claims to be first church, or the real church, i reject that claim. I also reject politics in the church, although i would be against abortion, but politics does a lot of harm to the body as well.

Yes, we've established you have turned your back on the unborn and would have turned your back on the slaves during the abolitionist movement.

But I still have no idea what doctrines you reject.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Actually, according to the Bible, this is exactly government's decision. This is not a medical decision, this is a murder of an innocent human being. Governments express purpose is to stop this (Romans 13).

Something tells me if a doctor tried to label you a medical decision, and chased you with a brain sucking needle you'd be up in arms. Something tells me you wouldn't just lay down and accept your new identity. You're very brave with the lives of others, I'm noticing.

Melodramatic much? Biblical law doesn't consider the death of a fetus to be murder. Read Exodus. That's about as close to the topic of abortion that you will find in scripture.

Maybe it would be best to come back to this discussion once you are actually supporting children by supporting programs and policies that enhance their quality of life once they are born, rather than leaving them to fend for themselves, and their families starving and impoverished. The so-called "pro-life" movement strangely never seems to want to address quality-of-life issues, or to take into account the value of life as a whole. But the so-called "pro-life" movement's goal really isn't about life is it? At best, it's about taking choice away from people and giving it to the government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, we've established you have turned your back on the unborn and would have turned your back on the slaves during the abolitionist movement.

But I still have no idea what doctrines you reject.
:) I'll vote for any politician that will vote to end abortion. (Let me know who that is) I'll reject economics and war policy however, because God will take care of the wars without my help, and economic discontentment is covetousness, an unfruitful work of the flesh. God is our helper, not man, so why worry about economics? The Lord Himself taught us to not think about food and clothing nor worry about them. The apostle Paul teaches us the same thing. It's idolatry unless i'm mistaken.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:) I'll vote for any politician that will vote to end abortion. (Let me know who that is) I'll reject economics and war policy however, because God will take care of the wars without my help, and economic discontentment is covetousness, an unfruitful work of the flesh. God is our helper, not man, so why worry about economics? The Lord Himself taught us to not think about food and clothing nor worry about them. The apostle Paul teaches us the same thing. It's idolatry unless i'm mistaken.

First, you need to learn what politics is and how it works in our country. Presidents cannot vote against abortion. They can only appoint good judges to the Supreme Court.

Donald Trump is committed to appointing conservative hight and lower court judges. The only way to fight the abortion holocaust in America is through the reelection of Donald Trump. Pray for him, vote for him and encourage others to vote for him. That is the only path to end this despicable holocaust.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...The Lord Himself taught us to not think about food and clothing nor worry about them. The apostle Paul teaches us the same thing. It's idolatry unless i'm mistaken.

Where did Jesus tell us specifically not to "think" about food or clothing? Yes, He said don't be anxious about these things, but not to even "think" about it? And not to even "think" about feeding the hungry? Where do you get these doctrines?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First, you need to learn what politics is and how it works in our country. Presidents cannot vote against abortion. They can only appoint good judges to the Supreme Court.

Donald Trump is committed to appointing conservative hight and lower court judges. The only way to fight the abortion holocaust in America is through the reelection of Donald Trump. Pray for him, vote for him and encourage others to vote for him. That is the only path to end this despicable holocaust.
Don't be so hasty with your words. Im perfectly aware how our government works. We elect representatives who make law. I wasnt refering to the POTUS.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where did Jesus tell us specifically not to "think" about food or clothing? Yes, He said don't be anxious about these things, but not to even "think" about it? And not to even "think" about feeding the hungry? Where do you get these doctrines?

Where did Jesus tell us specifically not to "think" about food or clothing?
Matthew 6 Im quoting the KJV, instead of the NKJV. Forgive my error.

Upvote 0