LDS Patriarchial Blessings: Genuine Prophecy or Wishful Thinking ???

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Gonna try to address 1 at a time...
I'm sorry I sort of took our my frustration on you.
No problem, been there done that.

A few years back I visit New York and went to St Patrick Cathedral, it was beautiful but as I walked around I felt like an intruder and I felt confused. People were praying and worshiping, that seems like a sacred thing to me, no one should interrupt another's prayer as they communicate with the Lord. I would never dream of going into a catholic service to take pictures and put them on Youtube since I am not a member of their faith.
I would not interupt someone in prayer either, it would be rude and inconsiderate. But I do know that the RCC allows photography and video of their services with permission; it is posted all over the internet. My church streams its' services as does many others. Would the Mormon Temple allow the same? No, which is why it has been done surrepitiously.
I certainly would not gawk and laugh at how they chose to worship even if I disagree with the way they pray to their Saints. I would not do it to a revival meeting although I disagree with alter calls. There is a reverence which we must all show each other.
I don't think anyone here is laughing or gawking though I can't guarantee that; I can assure you that I am not.
I'm not your enemy I'm your neighbor and the videos which have been posted here are offensive to me and my fellow Mormons, I feel 'despite fully used and persecuted'. If you treat your Mormon neighbors this way I hate to see how you treat your enemies. I'm hoping kinder more Christian minds will take it down.
I do not hate Mormons, never have. I believe them to be people of the highest moral character, more so than many "christians" They have done no personal harm to me; however I do see them as misguided brethern. And because of that I take opportunities to try to show them the path that Messiah laid out for our salvation; that path does not lie through the book of Moroni.

Upvote 0

stage five

Skeptic
Dec 22, 2015
USA
✟2,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry I sort of took our my frustration on you.

A few years back I visit New York and went to St Patrick Cathedral, it was beautiful but as I walked around I felt like an intruder and I felt confused. People were praying and worshiping, that seems like a sacred thing to me, no one should interrupt another's prayer as they communicate with the Lord. I would never dream of going into a catholic service to take pictures and put them on Youtube since I am not a member of their faith. I certainly would not gawk and laugh at how they chose to worship even if I disagree with the way they pray to their Saints. I would not do it to a revival meeting although I disagree with alter calls. There is a reverence which we must all show each other.

Lots of videos and pictures are taken of Catholic Masses and people praying in them. Services of all Christian traditions are recorded and posted on the internet. Christians are happy with their public witness. They have nothing to hide. The only Christians that do not speak or reveal their faith are those that fear death and persecution.

Mormons in the United States practice secret rituals for the sake of secrecy under the guise of "sacred." This is manipulative cultist behavior.

I'm not your enemy I'm your neighbor and the videos which have been posted here are offensive to me and my fellow Mormons, I feel 'despite fully used and persecuted'. If you treat your Mormon neighbors this way I hate to see how you treat your enemies. I'm hoping kinder more Christian minds will take it down.

You immediately get personal and describe yourself as our enemy. No one has made you out to be a bad person or any kind of enemy except yourself. This is cultist behavior.

No one here hates Mormons. Christians here legitimately care about people whose faith is being manipulated and who are being taken advantage of by a cult.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I said I'm your neighbor
That is so interesting. When it is in your favor you actually use the Bible, but no one is sharing anything to hurt anyone only to find out the truth. We hope that you also learn the truth. We love you that much.

Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is so interesting. When it is in your favor you actually use the Bible, but no one is sharing anything to hurt anyone only to find out the truth. We hope that you also learn the truth. We love you that much.
We have tried to explain it to all of you but your hearts are hardened.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

If you love us, then why are these videos still floating around?

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Sounds Calvinistic. Can we get back to the topic. I can post another Patriarchal blessing of that would help.

Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are hearts are not hardened. We know how sacred our God holds His Word. We know that when a prophet (or so called prophet) tells a prophecy is from God that is not true, that is a FALSE PROPHET.

We are warned about false prophets in the Bible by Jesus.

1 John 4:1-6
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

Matthew 7:15
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

2 Peter 2:1
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

Matthew 24:24
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Deuteronomy 18:20
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Revelation 2:2
“‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false.

Jeremiah 5:30-31
An appalling and horrible thing has happened in the land: the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?

There are more. Our God told us about men like JS and warned us.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mormon-jew-blessing.jpg

Genuine Prophecy or Wishful Thinking ???

HINT: Google LDS Patriarchial Blessing samples, select images.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
mormon-jew-blessing.jpg

Genuine Prophecy or Wishful Thinking ???

HINT: Google LDS Patriarchial Blessing samples, select images.
I've been reading many of these. Almost everyone either tells them they have the blood of Abraham or the blood of Ephraim. How can they conclude this without DNA?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been reading many of these. Almost everyone either tells them they have the blood of Abraham or the blood of Ephraim. How can they conclude this without DNA?

<SE>
Whether we are right or wrong when you are at the judgement bar and the big movie of your life is played do you think that you and the Savior are going to get a big laugh and mock our beliefs in him and the promises we believe we make with him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Whether we are right or wrong when you are at the judgement bar and the big movie of your life is played do you think that you and the Savior are going to get a big laugh and mock our beliefs in him and the promises we believe we make with him?
No, because at the Great White Throne Judgement there will be no big movie or laughs......just the sheep on one side and the goats on the other.......

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, because at the Great White Throne Judgement there will be no big movie or laughs......just the sheep on one side and the goats on the other.......
I still think Christ would let you over with the Mormon sheep

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will NOT be laughing. I will be crying that you were so decieved.

Salvation and eternity are not a joke and not funny.

I want you to find truth and know the real Jesus. I want you to know His love for you and eternal security. To rest in His love each day as the best part of your day.

That is what I wish for you.

You think we are decieved, but we are the ones who are happy and rejoicing in our God. We sing His praises, we do not spend hours each day pleasing men and trying to just stay part of any church. We are the church! Glory to our Lord and Savior who loves us just the way we are.

Don't cry for us. But don't hate us because we have everything you do not, because you can have it too.

You just want to believe in another Jesus and men. You do not know WHO God is, because you think you are like God, but no one is like God.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

<SE>

This shows how little you know about how the process works.

In the vast majority of instances, the tribal declaration is by adoption, meaning that the person is entitled to share in the blessings of that specific tribe.

<Staff Edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would really like someone to answer the question above.

Because, if these people are not of the bloodline, then the entire blessing is false, and NOT OF GOD.
It has been explained. There are those of that bloodline but there are those who are not and are adopted into that bloodline. Not all are from Ephriam. I have seen some from Dan and Gad etc.

Upvote 0