United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pastors, worship leaders pray for Trump in Oval Office amid impeachment fight

Prominent Christian pastors and worship leaders prayed over President Trump in the Oval Office last week, as he told them he needs prayer now more than ever amid the intensifying impeachment probe on Capitol Hill.

About 50 worship leaders from across America gathered for a faith briefing Friday organized by Paula White-Cain, the president's personal pastor and special adviser to the Faith and Opportunity Initiative in the White House.​

• Winner
Reactions: charsan

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Prominent Christian pastors and worship leaders prayed over President Trump in the Oval Office last week, as he told them he needs prayer now more than ever amid the intensifying impeachment probe on Capitol Hill.

About 50 worship leaders from across America gathered for a faith briefing Friday organized by Paula White-Cain, the president's personal pastor and special adviser to the Faith and Opportunity Initiative in the White House.​
Welcome back

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought this part of the OP was funny:
"I could not believe he invited us in. That he carved out time to meet with us."
when everyone knows, President Trump has never met a photo-op he can't make time for, particularly one that panders to his base like this one. :wave:
tulc("carved out time") :D

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

when everyone knows, President Trump has never met a photo-op he can't make time for, particularly one that panders to his base like this one. :wave:

Very true, tulc, and his conservative Christian base is just soaking it up. I think Trump was clever to switch over to the Republican Party instead of campaigning as a Democrat. That was a smart political move on his part because otherwise he wouldn't have had any hint of support from these Christians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have another thought about this staged photo-op of Trump with these conservative Christians. Can you imagine any of them fawning over Trump like that if he was a Democratic President? What if he didn't pander to their conservative beliefs and he didn't promote the evangelical Christian faith?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Kaon and tulc
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have one more thought about this staged photo-op of Trump with these conservative Christians. Can you imagine any of these Christians fawning over Trump like that if he was a Democratic President?

No? Me neither.
Are they conservative Christians or just politically conservative?

Know of few conservative (orthodox) Christian churches which have women pastors.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some of these comments are why I simply can't stand the political threads. I thought with prayer in the title it might be different. It's not. One can't even pray for the president without this garbage.

Ok, back to avoiding political threads..

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of these comments are why I simply can't stand the political threads. I thought with prayer in the title it might be different. It's not. One can't even pray for the president without this garbage.

Ok, back to avoiding political threads..
...it was a post about a politician that was posted in the General Politics forum, it doesn't really seem all that odd that some posters might point out the political aspects of the OP. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...it was a post about a politician that was posted in the General Politics forum, it doesn't really seem all that odd that some posters might point out the political aspects of the OP. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)
I'm well aware. Doesn't make anything I said untrue though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm well aware. Doesn't make anything I said untrue though.
Well, to be fair, what you posted was your opinion which is neither "true" or "untrue" it's simply your opinion. :sorry:
tulc(hopes you enjoy all the non-political areas of CF) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Are they praying for his eternal soul, or that he doesn't get impeached?

If the former, then that is excellent. Trump once insinuated he doesn't need to ask forgiveness from the Most High God; someone like that is spiritually lacking.

The latter: par for the course in Western religion yo pray for leaders that may be the instrument of your nations judgment. They are Church leaders, they should know this about the Most High God - that He judges nations by using leaders he allows to be in power (by circumstance or providence).

If these are trying to psychologically entice the Trump base through "God" and religion, then absolute shame on them.

Upvote 0