PIF15

Nov 12, 2015
✟15,126.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I am trying to think of some ideas of what I can do for my pastor's wife. Here is some info that will most likely help you to point me to the best options. First of all, she is in her early 60s. She is a conservative Pentecostal so does not cut her hair, doesn't wear make up, or get her nails done or anything like that. She also has fibromyalgia. I read an article on a website yesterday called ministry127 and one of the blogs on there was about ways to encourage your pastor's wife. She recommends doing something weekly for your pastor's wife. Another part of her article says to surprise her with her favorite things. I'm just not very good with coming up with ideas but my heart is being pulled to be there for her and help her in any way that I can. I love to help others but I'm feeling extra called to help her. She has been extra busy and even feeling overwhelmed with all of the events going on for the church and within her family lately. She also just welcomed a new granddaughter into the world who lives out of town so she has been going out of town and staying with her for a few days at a time each time. I thought about cooking dinner for she and our pastor one night so she wouldn't have to worry about cooking. Hopefully some of you other pastors' wives can help give me more ideas coming from ones who are walking (or have walked) in the same shoes. Thank you so much in advance!

Reactions: Tanner Brody

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I am trying to think of some ideas of what I can do for my pastor's wife. Here is some info that will most likely help you to point me to the best options. First of all, she is in her early 60s. She is a conservative Pentecostal so does not cut her hair, doesn't wear make up, or get her nails done or anything like that. She also has fibromyalgia.

I read an article on a website yesterday called ministry127 and one of the blogs on there was about ways to encourage your pastor's wife. She recommends doing something weekly for your pastor's wife. Another part of her article says to surprise her with her favorite things. I'm just not very good with coming up with ideas but my heart is being pulled to be there for her and help her in any way that I can. I love to help others but I'm feeling extra called to help her.

Since she has Fibro she might enjoy having an message to help her relax, or an membership to the YMCA or some place with a hot tub for soaking away achy muscles. She may enjoy a pedicure even if she doesn't have her nails painted. You could give her a gift card to her favorite Restaurant. How about arranging or find a woman's retreat for getting away to relax a few days? Or you could become her secret sister leaving small gifts every few weeks, suggestions could be a devotional book, tickets to an event like a concert or movie tickets, perfume, hand lotion set, a tote bag to carry her Bible & notebook in, Hallmark movie DVD, Organizer or Calendar for the new year, Christian music CD, and/or a Christian book/Bible Study that helps her draw closer to the Lord. You could arrange for some of the women come and super clean her house, or even throw an surprise appreciation party with food & everything with the women of the Church doing everything.

Upvote 0