• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Pastors' wives, I need ideas please!

Discussion in 'Ministry Spouses' started by PIF15, Nov 12, 2015.

1. PIF15

PIF15 New Member

+1
    Pentecostal
    Private
    Hello,

I am trying to think of some ideas of what I can do for my pastor's wife. Here is some info that will most likely help you to point me to the best options. First of all, she is in her early 60s. She is a conservative Pentecostal so does not cut her hair, doesn't wear make up, or get her nails done or anything like that. She also has fibromyalgia. I read an article on a website yesterday called ministry127 and one of the blogs on there was about ways to encourage your pastor's wife. She recommends doing something weekly for your pastor's wife. Another part of her article says to surprise her with her favorite things. I'm just not very good with coming up with ideas but my heart is being pulled to be there for her and help her in any way that I can. I love to help others but I'm feeling extra called to help her. She has been extra busy and even feeling overwhelmed with all of the events going on for the church and within her family lately. She also just welcomed a new granddaughter into the world who lives out of town so she has been going out of town and staying with her for a few days at a time each time. I thought about cooking dinner for she and our pastor one night so she wouldn't have to worry about cooking. Hopefully some of you other pastors' wives can help give me more ideas coming from ones who are walking (or have walked) in the same shoes. Thank you so much in advance!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. sunsurfkdt

sunsurfkdt Active Member

+75
    Messianic
    Single
    You can cook, send gift baskets of essential things, like food.... or maybe a cool cook book...or maybe a fancy bible case. Call her and be a friend to her and maybe ask her frequently if there's things she needs help with.

3. sunsurfkdt

sunsurfkdt Active Member

+75
    Messianic
    Single
    :)

4. Si_monfaith

Si_monfaith Let God alone answer through us

+168
    India
    Word of Faith
    Single